• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Good Guys With Guns Need To Step It Up

Support what you will. And if that means YOU choose some other method, then that's your business.

Moreover you assert the "glut of guns" is the problem. Yet Tens if not Hundreds of millions of citizen's own guns and do no wrong. All the data show it is a tiny minority who abuse the right to keep and bear arms by using them violently in criminal activities. Within that small number is an even tinier fraction who engage in "mass shootings. So tiny that when they do occur they are noteworthy enough to make a "national news story."
But you can’t get around the US being the worst of the developed world for mass shootings, with the variable being the loose laws on guns

But you can’t get around the US being the worst of the developed world for mass shootings, with the variable being the loose laws on guns

Now you are seeking to change the argument with a red herring.

I could argue that the US is not the "worst of the developed world" for "mass shooting." But this has been shown by other Members in other threads on that topic.

THIS thread is about "good guys with guns need to step up."

I have shown you that they DO in fact step up, and quite frequently. This is simply not considered "nationally newsworthy" by our slanted media. IMO because such examples defeat the very narrative you are trying to push in your responses. :coffee:

Now you are seeking to change the argument with a red herring.

I could argue that the US is not the "worst of the developed world" for whatever gun crimes you picture. But this has been shown by other Members in other threads on that topic.

THIS thread is about "good guys with guns need to step up."

I have shown you that they DO in fact step up, and quite frequently. This is simply not considered "nationally newsworthy" by our slanted media. IMO because such examples defeat the very narrative you are trying to push in your responses. :coffee:

but, they clearly don’t step up enough since were the worst in the world for mass shootings

Im sure some crime is prevented by intrepid individuals but, relying on chance and luck when we have public policy seems negligent
Not the negligence of those “good guys with guns” you’re attacking.

Not everyone who carries has small dick issues (talk about a trope).

Grow up. Stop blaming the people that aren’t committing mass murder for being bad people just because we choose to carry.

Well if the Good Guys with Guns had a Good Guy With a Gun who could help them - this wouldn't happen so much. We need to put Guns in our Guns.

Not the negligence of those “good guys with guns” you’re attacking.

Not everyone who carries has small dick issues (talk about a trope).

Grow up. Stop blaming the people that aren’t committing mass murder for being bad people just because we choose to carry.
I think the Good Guys with Guns trope is silly. it’s wannabe Rambo shit. When the obvious solution is gun control as evidenced by other nations enacting gun control after massacres, to be told the solution is random passerby’s pulling pistols and going Rambo is insulting to my intelligence

I think the Good Guys with Guns trope is silly. it’s wannabe Rambo shit. When the obvious solution is gun control as evidenced by other nations enacting gun control after massacres, to be told the solution is random passerby’s pulling pistols and going Rambo is insulting to my intelligence
YOu keep pretending that gun bans in countries that had few guns to start with, will work in the USA. You don't even seem to deny that you push gun bans to harass gun owners. Gun owners stop hundreds of thousands of crimes a year.

YOu keep pretending that gun bans in countries that had few guns to start with, will work in the USA. You don't even seem to deny that you push gun bans to harass gun owners. Gun owners stop hundreds of thousands of crimes a year.

why are you insisting my motive is to “harass” or troll people. This is the problem with debating pro gunners is they often debate from their feelings.

I just look at what has worked in other countries and how we could apply that here. Anyone capable of reading at a high school level could discover what I have found.

why are you insisting my motive is to “harass” or troll people. This is the problem with debating pro gunners is they often debate from their feelings.

I just look at what has worked in other countries and how we could apply that here. Anyone capable of reading at a high school level could discover what I have found.
how are you going to get rid of the 400 million guns in circulation or plug up the sieve we have as a border that cannot keep out tons of heroin and millions of illegal aliens? over 100 million people own guns-how many handgun owners were there in England?

how are you going to get rid of the 400 million guns in circulation or plug up the sieve we have as a border that cannot keep out tons of heroin and millions of illegal aliens? over 100 million people own guns-how many handgun owners were there in England?

Gun buybacks, there will always be a black market for guns, as there currently is as well. But, guns and illegal drugs are different markets. There’s more money in drugs because demand is there legal or not.

don’t know the U.K. stats

Gun buybacks, there will always be a black market for guns, as there currently is as well. But, guns and illegal drugs are different markets. There’s more money in drugs because demand is there legal or not.

don’t know the U.K. stats
what about the millions of us who won't sell our guns back to the government?

Off to Alaska with the lot of you 😅
well that is going to be a problem for those of you who are afraid of guns, telling those who have them, what to do

It's a marketing slogan. People waited for the NRA's response to a bunch of 8-year-olds being slaughtered. The NRA was busy figuring out what they would respond with that would favor their business model and ideology.

Wayne dramatically announced the new slogan at a press conference. "The ONLY thing that stops a 'bad guy' with a gun is a 'good guy' with a gun."

The emphasized word "ONLY" strongly says that gun control cannot work at all, and makes the correct assumption that guns are readily available to people that want to and do misuse them.

The 'bad/good guy' parts play into the notions that guns have nothing to do with gun violence, that people are all of the problem, and that more 'law and order' (with guns) is needed.

Some people buy the slogan and more guns are sold because that's the "ONLY" solution. "Gun violence can't be prevented; some people are bad; gun people are good; we need guns in churches, schools, theaters, etc, etc." It's a profitable and powerful conservative guntopia.

It's a marketing slogan. People waited for the NRA's response to a bunch of 8-year-olds being slaughtered. The NRA was busy figuring out what they would respond with that would favor their business model and ideology.

Wayne dramatically announced the new slogan at a press conference. "The ONLY thing that stops a 'bad guy' with a gun is a 'good guy' with a gun."

The emphasized word "ONLY" strongly says that gun control cannot work at all, and makes the correct assumption that guns are readily available to people that want to and do misuse them.

The 'bad/good guy' parts play into the notions that guns have nothing to do with gun violence, that people are all of the problem, and that more 'law and order' (with guns) is needed.

Some people buy the slogan and more guns are sold because that's the "ONLY" solution. "Gun violence can't be prevented; some people are bad; gun people are good,; we need guns in churches, schools, theaters, etc, etc." It's a profitable and powerful conservative guntopia.
when a nut like Lanza breaks into a school where there are no armed individuals, and starts shooting unarmed innocents, what stops him?

when a nut like Lanza breaks into a school where there are no armed individuals, and starts shooting unarmed innocents, what stops him?
Maybe not having a firearm enthusiast for a mother

Maybe not having a firearm enthusiast for a mother
you cannot ban a woman with a clean background because her son later proves to be a nut

I haven’t suggested random passersby is the solution to mass shootings. If I did though, it would certainly be more productive than verbally attacking those that aren’t murdering innocents. That is plain stupid and counterproductive.

Offering the generic “gun control” argument as a solution is worthless. The United States has hundreds of firearms laws already. Actively enforcing those laws is the starting point. Any new law/laws must address the root issue involved in every mass shooting event; mental health.

Most firearms owners, including myself, support measures including red flag laws. Closing loopholes that make acquiring firearms more difficult for those not eligible to possess firearms to get their hands on them is another.

Looking to other countries for ideas is fine, but thinking that what works in England, as an example, would work here is naive at best. Enacting legislation as strict as theirs is a nonstarter for both Republicans and most Democrats. New laws, if there are to be any, must be very well considered and targeted.

Even after Sandy Hook, when most Americans agreed that if there was a case that would finally move legislators to act boldly, it would be that horrific tragedy, nothing happened, and nothing has happened following the literally hundreds of mass shootings since.

1 - Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe it's time to raise the age of Smart Phone ownership to 21.

2 - If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry, USA.

3 - The Second Amendment makes more women equal than the entire feminist movement.

4 - Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion rounds of ammo. Seriously, folks, if we were the problem, you'd know it.

5 - When JFK was killed, nobody blamed the rifle.

6 - The NRA (National Rifle Association) murders 0 people and receives ($$$$ 0) nothing in government funds. Planned Parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500,000,000 in tax dollars annually.

7 - I have no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes to firearms. While we're at it, let's do the same when it comes to immigration, Voter I.D., and candidates running for office.

8 - Folks keep talking about another Civil War. One side knows how to shoot and probably has a trillion rounds. The other side has crying closets and is confused about which bathroom to use. Now tell me, how do you think that would end?

I haven’t suggested random passersby is the solution to mass shootings.
Nor has the NRA. But they have strongly asserted that the only solution to gun violence is more guns in more places. That was in response to a horrible mass shooting. And gun proliferation proponents use that same logic.

Good Guys with Guns (GGwG) are losing the battle against gun violence in America. And they’re losing it badly.
It’s only proper that GGwG elevate the threat level to a yellow or an orange, at least. At this level we should have GGwG guarding our nation’s grocery stores and public schools around the clock. Because right now GGwG are getting embarrassed by a bunch of incels with AR-15’s.

It's not my obligation to save you, or anyone else for that matter.

The US has had at least 45 mass shootings, according to an analysis of data from the Gun Violence Archive (GVA), local media, and police reports. The US has seen at least 147 mass shootings in 2021.

Dude, do you think this is funny?

Most of those mass shootings had 0 or 1 fatality.

Mass shootings of the kind that happened at Fedex are not a major problem, relatively speaking.

Back
Top Bottom