• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Good Guys With Guns Need To Step It Up

Good Guys with Guns (GGwG) are losing the battle against gun violence in America. And they’re losing it badly.
It’s only proper that GGwG elevate the threat level to a yellow or an orange, at least. At this level we should have GGwG guarding our nation’s grocery stores and public schools around the clock. Because right now GGwG are getting embarrassed by a bunch of incels with AR-15’s.

Are Fedex employees allowed to bring guns to work?

Support what you will. And if that means YOU choose some other method, then that's your business. But the data does not support your fear-driven desire to disarm American citizens.

Fact is while you assert the "glut of guns" is the problem, it is not.

Tens if not Hundreds of millions of citizen's own guns and yet do no wrong. All the data show it is a tiny minority who abuse the right to keep and bear arms by using them violently in criminal activities. Within that small number is an even tinier fraction who engage in "mass shootings. So tiny that when they do occur they are noteworthy enough to make a "national news story."

The fact that millions own weapons and do not mimic the thousands who misuse them in crimes, or the few dozens who do "hate crimes," argues for a different focus than seeking to "infringe" our Second Amendment Right.
We are literally dumping guns to the masses. We have a patchwork of useless state laws that virtually stop nothing with regard to access to guns. We have federal laws and regulations that are often watered down to practical uselessness or simply ignored. While decrying the number of guns possessed by criminals we simply gloss over how they get them. Then we use the number possessed by criminals and other "irresponsibles" to justify every Cop on the beat being armed with a firearm. It is a laughable downward spiral and a daily embarrassment for this country. The issue is not entirely described by the number of gun incidents in this country as it is by the ridiculous corners it paints us into as local communities and then as a country at large.

With more than one gun per person in this country irresponsible gun owners were an INEVITABLE consequence and there will be more of them if we continue to just let the gun industry pump more and more firearms into the citizenry. It is again INEVITABLE.

Can't point to the NRA any longer as a steward for responsible gun ownership as they have proven corrupt to the nines, entirely the property of the gun industry and unscrupulous as the day is long. That was obvious to me 10 years ago when I gave up my membership. So can't rely on current state law, can't rely on current federal law, can't trust the NRA, can't trust the public and can't trust the Industry. Meanwhile, gun violence continues on the rise to such an extent that pointing to the numbers of guns in circulation as a ratio to the absolute number of gun incidents to support the idea that we should keep this nonsense up seems absurdly illogical.

Last edited:
What's needed is more fire power.

I think we could fix the problem by allowing private citizens to freely purchase fully auto weapons.

That should make the mayhem of Black Friday sales interesting. Not to mention road rage and disputes over mask wearing at Walmart.

Good Guys with Guns (GGwG) are losing the battle against gun violence in America. And they’re losing it badly.
It’s only proper that GGwG elevate the threat level to a yellow or an orange, at least. At this level we should have GGwG guarding our nation’s grocery stores and public schools around the clock. Because right now GGwG are getting embarrassed by a bunch of incels with AR-15’s.

Sadly I cannot even begin to tell you the numbers of people I am seeing wondering around local to the area I live in obviously carrying weapons up to the point of a few open carrying.

At this point between the police being on edge ready to shoot anyone and the local flock running around armed to the teeth looking to shoot anyone I am just waiting for someone to drop a soda inside some local QT and all of a sudden it sounds like the wild west.

Sadly I cannot even begin to tell you the numbers of people I am seeing wondering around local to the area I live in obviously carrying weapons up to the point of a few open carrying.

At this point between the police being on edge ready to shoot anyone and the local flock running around armed to the teeth looking to shoot anyone I am just waiting for someone to drop a soda inside some local QT and all of a sudden it sounds like the wild west.
Ain’t life grand

I support non-lethal forms of self defense for close combat situations. Like pepper spray. And other methods for home security like gates, alarm systems, surveillance.

As for the glut of guns in the country it’s time we actually addressed the problem or it’s just going to get worse. We actually rank worse than Afghanistan in terms of purely gun violence.
If guns were outlawed, the manufacturing of PPD and the PPD market for non-lethal Personal Protection Devices would ExPlode (literally, no figuratively)! Going one step further, instead of more guns to 'protect' ourselves from more guns, and encouraging everyone to go packing, how about Passive Personal Protection like Bullet Proof Vests for all? If everyone wore bullet proof vests (some mass shooters wear them), it would take a carefully aimed head shot to complete the task. PPP is just as viable as a holster, gun and ammo, bulk and inconvenience wise.

Passive protection works all the time - a gun requires an aggressive action, and is 'of-the-moment,' potential protection.

Regarding the FedEx shooting in Indianapolis where nine people were killed, two huge questions are: A) What kind of rifle was used, and the size of the magazine? B) How did Hole get his hands on such a weapon?

I have scowered the internet for this information. I have listened to several news programs on the telly. Surely law enforcement knows what kind of weapon was used in the FedEx shooting in Indianapolis, and they probably know how Hole got his hands on the rifle.

Despite my exhaustive search, it is readily apparent that law enforcement is holding back all information regarding the weapon.

Why?

We know the shooter's name, Brandon Scott Hole. We know he had worked at the FedEx facility, and we know his mother thought he was suicidal and a shotgun was confiscated from him.

That is all we know about him, and we know nothing about his family, not even their names.

Why is law enforcement keeping all information about this shooter a secret?

Indiana has long been considered to be a Republican stronghold. It's governor is Republican. Currently, the Republican Party holds super majorities in both chambers of the General Assembly. The two Senators are Republican.

That might explain the complete lack of information on the shooter and his weapon.
This explains the lack of information? LOL

but, they clearly don’t step up enough since were the worst in the world for mass shootings
No we're not, and that argument by one university professor has be debunked. He wouldn't even share his data or methods.

Back
Top Bottom