• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Good first date ideas

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Everyone,
What is the best first date you have been on or something you would like to have experienced?

Wrong time of year for it but I always did well with first dates at the county fair. This time of year you might want to do something related to Halloween like one of those corn field mazes or some kind of pumpkin competition.

Coffee is the best first date. It's cheap and you can gauge as to whether they're worth a second date.

If not, you're out 2 bucks.

I am hardly an expert since I have had all or 4 first dates in the last 30 years, but it seems that it all depends on who you are, not what you do. If there is any rule I follow, it's that the more I attempt to impress, the less she will be, so I just try to find something we both might enjoy that gives us time to talk. I try to get an impression of what she is all about first rather than trying to come up with some big plan.

Everyone,
What is the best first date you have been on or something you would like to have experienced?

We have game arcades around suburban Chicago, Dave & Buster's they're called. They're great fun!! Cheap eats, too. (You can buy cocktails, too. It's definitely geared to adults.)

Or bowling and a pizza. A do-something date rather than a sit and look at each other date takes all the pressure off. Horseback riding. Hiking and a picnic YOU bring - three different cheeses, some crackers, French bread and a bottle of white wine in your backpack. (Buy a wine chiller. They're $10.) Dinner at your house if you know the gal and she wouldn't be ill-at-ease about that. A shrimp stir-fry and you both pitch in to cut everything, set the table, etc.; and rent a movie for after. (mmmmm, maybe that's a second date.)

Tip a bit on the generous side if it's a factor.

We have game arcades around suburban Chicago, Dave & Buster's they're called. They're great fun!! Cheap eats, too. (You can buy cocktails, too. It's definitely geared to adults.)

Or bowling and a pizza. A do-something date rather than a sit and look at each other date takes all the pressure off. Horseback riding. Hiking and a picnic YOU bring - three different cheeses, some crackers, French bread and a bottle of white wine in your backpack. (Buy a wine chiller. They're $10.) Dinner at your house if you know the gal and she wouldn't be ill-at-ease about that. A shrimp stir-fry and you both pitch in to cut everything, set the table, etc.; and rent a movie for after. (mmmmm, maybe that's a second date.)

Why should he tip his date? I really don't think it's that kind of date he's talking about;)

Take some beer to the lake, go skinny dippin and screw like bunnies in the back of your truck under the moonlight. :0

Even if you never see each other again, you had that one memorable good time.

Everyone,

It was a few decades ago, but dinner at a nice but not swanky restaurant, dessert to go.

Pick up truck with the tailgate down, at the end of the runway at a fairly busy municipal airport, ate dessert and watched the planes land and take off.

Coffee at the local diner after watching the planes. :)

For a 2-buck coffee, you don't even get the "Once upon a time."

I'm not trying to get some stank after coffee. It's just to "feel her out" (no pun intended) to see if I want to get some stank at a later date.

Besides, any woman who can't appreciate a good cup of coffee and good conversation is not my type anyway - too high-maintenance and whorish.

It was a few decades ago, but dinner at a nice but not swanky restaurant, dessert to go.

Pick up truck with the tailgate down, at the end of the runway at a fairly busy municipal airport, ate dessert and watched the planes land and take off.

Coffee at the local diner after watching the planes. :)

Wait...you suggest coffee after you like Maggie's post condemning me for a coffee date?

Wuuuuuuuut?

I'm not trying to get some stank after coffee. It's just to "feel her out" (no pun intended) to see if I want to get some stank at a later date.

Besides, any woman who can't appreciate a good cup of coffee and good conversation is not my type anyway - too high-maintenance and whorish.

Are you 12 years old?

I like a women who can appreciate a well rolled joint. :lol:

Wrong time of year for it but I always did well with first dates at the county fair. This time of year you might want to do something related to Halloween like one of those corn field mazes or some kind of pumpkin competition.

Both Maggie and Luther have great, fun ideas. I like Luther's seasonal and Halloween ideas, maybe a haunted house. Yeah they are silly and all but I think they're a good time. But really it matters what you both like to do.

Back
Top Bottom