• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Golf 2019

The PGA is under way. Here's my thread starter. ESPN desperately​ wants Tiger to be a contender. So far he's a work in progress.

I just don't see Tiger winning another major. Maybe he'll get lucky but I wouldn't bank on it. All he went through years ago, plus all those back surgeries. Gonna be hard for him to return to his early career dominance.

When Tiger is at "WOW, I cant believe that I did what I did last year, I did not think I had it in me (paraphrase)" it is hard for me to take him seriously.

I just don't see Tiger winning another major. Maybe he'll get lucky but I wouldn't bank on it. All he went through years ago, plus all those back surgeries. Gonna be hard for him to return to his early career dominance.

When Tiger is at "WOW, I cant believe that I did what I did last year, I did not think I had it in me (paraphrase)" it is hard for me to take him seriously.

I think he'll be able to rise up from time to time, but the era of consistent dominance is likely over.

CBS has caught the ESPN disease. Tiger is well out of contention, but he's being covered like he's the leader.

It's no secret when Tiger is on and playing well the TV ratings go way up.

So expect the Networks to ride the Tiger train until he's old and in a wheelchair. Even after he retires if he plays in the senior circuit they'll follow his every move..

Tiger can and will win again on the tour............. and can win another major.

But unlike before, a few things will have to go his way more often now instead of him making it happen through pure tenaciousness.

There are more young players out there who are very good, and they don't fear him like the Davis Love type (choke) players that Tiger feasted on during his career.

Surprised no threads popped up on Tigers win. Really good to see him win this one. I think it was good for golf.

It was a nice win for him.
It was a nice win for the tour. Viewership was up for the first time in 4 years because Tiger was in the hunt.

It was a nice win for the tour. Viewership was up for the first time in 4 years because Tiger was in the hunt.

We'll see. I'm happy to see him back in contention, but I'm among those who prefer not to have a clear favorite.

We'll see. I'm happy to see him back in contention, but I'm among those who prefer not to have a clear favorite.

Aren't you a Patriots fan?

I dont think he will ever have the dominance he once had but it would be nice to see him stay in form for a while.

Back
Top Bottom