• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Goldman Sachs paying 4 billion

Ringo Stalin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
"Malaysia has stopped criminal prosecution of the management of Goldman Sachs, after the investment giant agreed to pay $4 billion in the case of fraud with the Bank 1MDB"
Financial capitalism in one sentence... These shysters never answer according to the law, paying off with green paper.
Interesting here is the amount - usually the Third world countries are bought off with a couple of millions, but here 4 billion! Obviously this was about Mega theft...

"Malaysia has stopped criminal prosecution of the management of Goldman Sachs, after the investment giant agreed to pay $4 billion in the case of fraud with the Bank 1MDB"
Financial capitalism in one sentence... These shysters never answer according to the law, paying off with green paper.
Interesting here is the amount - usually the Third world countries are bought off with a couple of millions, but here 4 billion! Obviously this was about Mega theft...

Citation?

Looks like the legal system still works in Capitalist countries.

Russia could learn from this.

Goldman Sucks can afford it. They made a killing during the Subprime Collapse.

Looks like the legal system still works in Capitalist countries.

Russia could learn from this.

Anyone from Goldman going to jail for stealing a few billion?

I steal $1000 and I go to jail for few years

Anyone from Goldman going to jail for stealing a few billion?

I steal $1000 and I go to jail for few years

Looks like no one goes to jail because Goldman Saks paid a fine they agreed on.

How you steal and who you steal from helps determine if you go to jail at all.

In California grand theft doesn't even kick in until $950.

Looks like no one goes to jail because Goldman Saks paid a fine they agreed on.

How you steal and who you steal from helps determine if you go to jail at all.

In California grand theft doesn't even kick in until $950.

Steal billions and no jail, steal a few thousand and spend years in jail

Capitalist punishment at its finest

Pay billions in fines don't go to jail.

Steal less than $950 and you likely won't see jail time.

At least in California.

As I said Capitalist punishment

The more money you have, the better you get treated when it comes to crime

If you took the time to read the article there is a whole lot more going on.

I have been following the story for a few years now.

My point still stands, Goldman executives were involved in theft and fraud, but because of their wealth and connections they are basically immune to criminal prosecutions. Real justice would see Malaysia get it money back and the executives go to jail. Instead it is just the shareholders who get punished

I have been following the story for a few years now.

My point still stands, Goldman executives were involved in theft and fraud, but because of their wealth and connections they are basically immune to criminal prosecutions. Real justice would see Malaysia get it money back and the executives go to jail. Instead it is just the shareholders who get punished

So far it looks like GS is trying to make things square. Covering to monetary plus any losses due to the resale of seized assets.

Personally I would like to see all who have real knowledge to see jail time as well.

So far it looks like GS is trying to make things square. Covering to monetary plus any losses due to the resale of seized assets.

Personally I would like to see all who have real knowledge to see jail time as well.

Jail serves a few purposes, a deterrent is one. Not much deterrent for stealing a few billion dollars if all that occurs is you lose your job and shareholders miss out on some profit. Some at GS must have known what was going on, and they bought themselves out of jail time

Jail serves a few purposes, a deterrent is one. Not much deterrent for stealing a few billion dollars if all that occurs is you lose your job and shareholders miss out on some profit. Some at GS must have known what was going on, and they bought themselves out of jail time

It looks like charges may be filed. And I agree with you. Every one with prior knowledge* should face the magistrate on this one.

(*turning states evidence may gat a "get out of jail free" card.)

Back
Top Bottom