• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gold Star families sue Clinton to court for defamation and the infliction of distress

NonoBadDog

Hates Kittens
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Hillary Clinton sued by parents of Benghazi victims - Washington Times
The server, which was the object of foreign government hack attempts, enabled the Islamic State allied terrorists to “obtain the whereabouts of Ambassador Christopher Stevens and thus the U.S. State Department and covert and other government operations in Benghazi, Libya and subsequently orchestrate, plan, and execute the now infamous September 11, 2012 attack,” the suit claims.
The lawsuit also accuses Mrs. Clinton of defamation and the infliction of distress, and seeks damages from her on that score too. It claims that “During her campaign for President, Defendant Clinton has negligently, recklessly, and/or maliciously defamed Plaintiffs by either directly calling them liars, or by strongly implying that they are liars.”

I wonder how they (Clinton and the press) are going treat these Gold Star families.

Re: Gold Star families sue Clinton to court for defamation and the infliction of dist

!. They are not Gold Star families.

2. The suit will go nowhere.

3. Larry Klayman is a flippin' bozo to the Nth degree.

Re: Gold Star families sue Clinton to court for defamation and the infliction of dist

They're not Gold Star families.

And just the other day, it was the Democrats who were supposedly evil for letting a father talk about his son's sacrifice in part of an overall objection to Trump's malicious smears of a religion not his own....

I wonder how they (Clinton and the press) are going treat these Gold Star families.
If Clinton's response to the Benghazi mom who spoke at the RNC is any guide, she will express her sympathies for the mother's pain and sacrifice while agreeing to disagree about the mother's accusations. Compare that to Trump's reaction to the gold star family at the DNC.

As for Clinton supporters, we don't know yet. Hopefully they won't follow the example of some of Trump's supporters who used every opportunity to malign those parents.

I used to feel badly that the families are being used as pawns in a partisan political manner.

But it's gone on long enough, and they're now aligned with absolute loons like Klayman, so that time is over.

I used to feel badly that the families are being used as pawns in a partisan political manner.

But it's gone on long enough, and they're now aligned with absolute loons like Klayman, so that time is over.
When I saw the name Larry Klayman as being the one bringing the suit, I cracked up.

Youngin's might not recognize the name, but back during the Clinton era he was the biggest pile of turd meat around, bringing up all kinds of stupid and crazy lawsuits (so many thrown out) one after other, against the Clintons and those around him.

He was quite the sick comedy routine. The man was so sue happy, he literally sued his own mother. No joke.

And as to what this lawyer been doing the last few years...hold on, got some chuckles for ya....

A little bit more about the KLAYman.

"[As] previously documented Klayman’s litigious Clinton obsession, which includes a “dubious lawsuit accusing Hillary Clinton of racketeering,” as well as Klayman’s claims that the Clintons “orchestrated the murders of several of their associates in the 1990’s”:

From The Week:

"In the 1990s, Klayman reportedly filed at least 18 lawsuits against the Clinton administration, accusing them of various conspiracies, and has filed "hundreds of lawsuits against federal agencies, White House officials, Cabinet secretaries, judges, journalists, former colleagues, foreign governments, dictators, presidents," his own mother, and The Washington Post. The Week explained in 2013 that Klayman, "implied the Clintons orchestrated the murders of several of their associates in the 1990s, a prime reason he has argued Hillary is unfit to be president."

As reported by The Washington Post, in 2014, Klayman premised a lawsuit on the concept that "The Ebola virus is secretly a biological weapon allowed into the country by the Obama administration to further terrorist interests against Americans of the 'Caucasian race and Jewish-Christian religion.'"

========

Klayman is a full blown birther. I mean waaaaaaaay over the edge birther.
Klayman petitioned for the "initiate removal and deportation proceedings" against the president. Klayman refers to Obama as "mullah in chief" and accused "Obama and his Muslim friends" of "literally 'making love' with each other."

Klayman held a "protest" in 2013 at the White House, where he shouted in a bullhorn at the White House: "put the Quran down," "get up off your knees...and come out with your hands up."

Much more at the link.

The man is absolutely coo-coo for cocoa puffs.

The same person bringing Smith's suit, just last month said he was bring suit against Obama for...

*drumroll*****

Larry Klayman Suing Obama For Endangering His Life As A White Man

"Right-wing lawyer Larry Klayman announced in WorldNetDaily over the weekend that he was filing a lawsuit against President Obama, Black Lives Matter, Louis Farrakhan and Al Sharpton "for endangering not just my life, as a white law enforcement person of Jewish origin, but also for all Americans, white, black, yellow or brown, no matter what their race or religion.”

Klayman blamed Obama for the shooting of five police officers who were protecting a peaceful Black Lives Matter protest in Dallas, attempting to tie the president to Farrakhan:
Not only does Obama have blood on his hands as having encouraged if not furthered this hate crime against whites and white cops, but so too does his “soul brothers,” the virulent anti-white, anti-Semitic and anti-Christian so-called Rev. Louis Farrakhan, leader of the Nation of Islam, and his co-enablers like another so-called reverend, Al Sharpton, a charlatan and white hater..."

Get a good idea now of the kind of character we're dealing with?

A little bit more about the KLAYman.

"[As] previously documented Klayman’s litigious Clinton obsession, which includes a “dubious lawsuit accusing Hillary Clinton of racketeering,” as well as Klayman’s claims that the Clintons “orchestrated the murders of several of their associates in the 1990’s”:

From The Week:

"In the 1990s, Klayman reportedly filed at least 18 lawsuits against the Clinton administration, accusing them of various conspiracies, and has filed "hundreds of lawsuits against federal agencies, White House officials, Cabinet secretaries, judges, journalists, former colleagues, foreign governments, dictators, presidents," his own mother, and The Washington Post. The Week explained in 2013 that Klayman, "implied the Clintons orchestrated the murders of several of their associates in the 1990s, a prime reason he has argued Hillary is unfit to be president."

As reported by The Washington Post, in 2014, Klayman premised a lawsuit on the concept that "The Ebola virus is secretly a biological weapon allowed into the country by the Obama administration to further terrorist interests against Americans of the 'Caucasian race and Jewish-Christian religion.'"

========

Klayman is a full blown birther. I mean waaaaaaaay over the edge birther.
Klayman petitioned for the "initiate removal and deportation proceedings" against the president. Klayman refers to Obama as "mullah in chief" and accused "Obama and his Muslim friends" of "literally 'making love' with each other."

Klayman held a "protest" in 2013 at the White House, where he shouted in a bullhorn at the White House: "put the Quran down," "get up off your knees...and come out with your hands up."

Much more at the link.

The man is absolutely coo-coo for cocoa puffs.

DAMN. I'm glad I've gone this far in life without hearing about this nutjob, at least.

People who were aghast that Trump could stoop so low as to attack the Kahn's attacking these families / People who thought that families like the Kahn's didn't belong in the public sphere championing these families in 3.... 2.....

..and another poison pill thread...

The same person bringing Smith's suit, just last month said he was bring suit against Obama for...

*drumroll*****

"Right-wing lawyer Larry Klayman announced in WorldNetDaily over the weekend that he was filing a lawsuit against President Obama, Black Lives Matter, Louis Farrakhan and Al Sharpton "for endangering not just my life, as a white law enforcement person of Jewish origin, but also for all Americans, white, black, yellow or brown, no matter what their race or religion.”

Klayman blamed Obama for the shooting of five police officers who were protecting a peaceful Black Lives Matter protest in Dallas, attempting to tie the president to Farrakhan:
Not only does Obama have blood on his hands as having encouraged if not furthered this hate crime against whites and white cops, but so too does his “soul brothers,” the virulent anti-white, anti-Semitic and anti-Christian so-called Rev. Louis Farrakhan, leader of the Nation of Islam, and his co-enablers like another so-called reverend, Al Sharpton, a charlatan and white hater..."

Get a good idea now of the kind of character we're dealing with?

And here I thought conservatives hated 'frivolous lawsuits'.

Long enough? Walk a mile or two in the shoes of a bereaved parent before you offer your judgment of what time is sufficient or constitutes "enough."

Long enough? Walk a mile or two in the shoes of a bereaved parent before you offer your judgment of what time is sufficient or constitutes "enough."

Frankly, I don't really care. I've lost family members to violence and I know what that kind of grieving is like. I'm sorry for their loss, but I don't feel sorry for them any longer.

In this case, they're willfully going along with a grandstanding, publicity hunger lunatic in a case that's going to get tossed as soon they're unable to show that they're entitled to relief. They're now willing participants in legal idiocy. They are willingly allowing the Republicans to use them and their kids' memory for pure political points.

I can't support that.

On edit: this should give you an idea of the lunatic they willingly got into bed with.

Larry Klayman Suing Obama For Endangering His Life As A White Man | Right Wing Watch

Last edited:

Woods and Smith have been doing the right wing talk show circuit since 2014. That's long enough.

You don't understand at all where they're coming from; you haven't buried your own child. Siblings, friends, parents, grandparents--not the same. If you haven't buried your own child, be humble and grateful rather than presuming to know that which you could not possibly understand.

Bereaved parents are very, very vulnerable, especially for the first few years. They want to do something...and there are plenty of venal opportunists around to encourage them.

You don't understand at all where they're coming from; you haven't buried your own child. Siblings, friends, parents, grandparents--not the same. If you haven't buried your own child, be humble and grateful rather than presuming to know that which you could not possibly understand.

Bereaved parents are very, very vulnerable, especially for the first few years. They want to do something...and there are plenty of venal opportunists around to encourage them.

Other parents of the Benghazi victims wish they'd stop using their sons for political fodder. Is their vulnerability and grief any less because they're not politicizing the death of their sons?

Not Gold Star families, but that's really beside the point, which is that they are the parents of Americans who have died in the line of fire in the service of their country. Neither Clinton or Trump were the first American politicians to receive criticism from the family members of fallen soldiers/diplomats/etc., and they won't be the last. Clinton understands this and what I predict will not happen is that she'll berate them and their faith in a personal and venal manner. She'll disagree with them, and she will thank them for the ultimate sacrifices they paid, but she will not spar with them as though they were ten year olds on the playground.

Clinton has made some big ****ups over the years, but if you think she's going to sink to Trump's level on this issue, you'll be mistaken.

They're not Gold Star families.

Why do you hate veterans?

Frankly, I don't really care. I've lost family members to violence and I know what that kind of grieving is like. I'm sorry for their loss, but I don't feel sorry for them any longer.

In this case, they're willfully going along with a grandstanding, publicity hunger lunatic in a case that's going to get tossed as soon they're unable to show that they're entitled to relief. They're now willing participants in legal idiocy. They are willingly allowing the Republicans to use them and their kids' memory for pure political points.

I can't support that.

Take out the legal aspect and everything you said would apply to the Khans as well.

Woods and Smith have been doing the right wing talk show circuit since 2014. That's long enough.

Woods started calling into his buddy, Glenn Becks show in 2012

Why do you hate veterans?

Patricia Smith and Charles Woods aren't veterans.

Patricia Smith and Charles Woods aren't veterans.

Neither is Khizr Khan.

Woods started calling into his buddy, Glenn Becks show in 2012

I stand corrected. So it's been more than long enough.

Back
Top Bottom