• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gold Medal Shooter Takes Aim at Gun Control Supporters[W:8]

Can always count on you for a story that ties you into the topic, no matter how fringe to the discussion it might be... ;)

Actually the unsafe handgun law (pen code 31910) was amended to exempt Olympic competition pistols from out of state. There is quite a long list of exempted firearms. The most recent additions were added 7 years ago, a bit surprised you don't know this. :shock:

Interesting the competition felt strongly enough to move the pistol events but not skeet- I guess it's every venue for itself in that world...

I figure she has a few reasons to stay in California, that isn't my point. The point is she speaks so strongly, guys like Mickey use her and 'all his shooting friends' to lament California law but fact is the reasons to stay apparently far out weigh the 'deep' felt conviction about the 2nd A. (Mickelson was lamenting a totally made up % of his income that went to taxes)

I'd say her feelings of infringement are far less than the benefits she gets by staying in the Great State of California. (income, family, incredible weather)

I wish her a long and healthy life in the Golden Bear State... I enjoyed visiting it and have shot the Sacramento Range a few times. Met many nice firearm users... :peace

-Personal experience serves as are best examples of what is really going on somewhere in the world. So why do you bash TD for doing that?
-Mickelson is Off Topic, please focus.
-Highlighted....yes, for her discipline, it probably is, for handgunners and AR15/M1A competitors, Calif law sucks big time.
And................more asinine laws were just passed and take effect 1/1/17.

The indoor range in downtown Sacramento, is now closed, because the state found lead contamination all around the outside of the building. Other ranges in Sac are still operational.

Re: Gold Medal Shooter Takes Aim at Gun Control Supporters

gun control is mainly a weapon used by the left against the right in the cultural war that is tearing the USA apart

I agree.

Kim wins Bronze in long shootoff. she was the #2 qualifier but the rules changed for this olympics-the top 6 start from scratch and shoot 8 pairs of doubles. She finished tied for third, survived a shoot off that saw world champion team mate Morgan Craft get eliminated and then after another tied round of 16, prevailed in a miss and out shoot off against the Chineses lady who qualified first. Kim missed but then the Chinese Lady missed to keep her alive and then she hit a pair and the Chinese Lady missed one of the two.

SIX OLYMPICS IN A ROW with a MEDAL!! GREAT JOB KIM

-Personal experience serves as are best examples of what is really going on somewhere in the world. So why do you bash TD for doing that? -Mickelson is Off Topic, please focus. -Highlighted....yes, for her discipline, it probably is, for handgunners and AR15/M1A competitors, Calif law sucks big time.
And................more asinine laws were just passed and take effect 1/1/17. The indoor range in downtown Sacramento, is now closed, because the state found lead contamination all around the outside of the building. Other ranges in Sac are still operational.

Ah TD and I have had many, many discussions, you are a relative newcomer- don't worry about how we type to each other- focus... ;)

Mickelson was a ten ring on MY topic- whiners who refuse to do anything, just squat and complain.

Now skeet doesn't take a huge area to be shot, unlike F-Class or hipower rifle. The ranges could be anywhere- to include AZ or NV. Cali isn't a unique place for skeet. (FYI my point was to paraphrase Mr. Franklin- if the shooting disciplines don't hang together they will surely hang separately. So why some stay after others were 'banned'??? I do believe the competition pistols were exempted from any ban so there is that undercutting the reasons for a move)

The Sac range I refer to is run by the Folsom Gun Club. A YUGE outdoor complex with a 1,000 yard range. I'm not into indoor ranges- thought they were very unhealthy- even back when i smoked... :)

gun control is mainly a weapon used by the left against the right in the cultural war that is tearing the USA apart

To take control of a country all you need is a bunch of idiots and sycophants who cannot live without the nanny state. The type of people trained into immediate obedience no matter what the personal cost. You cannot take over when you have people who value their freedom and will object or fight if they must. Gun controls does both. Trains people to depend on the state and demands disarming of any possible opposition. Win win....

Back
Top Bottom