• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GoFundMe to refund the $20 million raised for the border wall

Skeptic Bob

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
"When the campaign was created, the campaign organizer specifically stated on the campaign page, 'If we don't reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny,'" GoFundMe told CNN. "He also stated on the campaign page, '100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall. If for ANY reason we don't reach our goal we will refund your donation.'"

"That did not happen. This means all donors will receive a refund," GoFundMe told CNN

The page is apparently still up and collecting money but unless it hits its goal, due to the disclaimers Kolfage used on the page, Gofundme won’t just be giving Kolfage the money to do with as he wishes.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/12/us/border-wall-gofundme-refund/index.html

The page is apparently still up and collecting money but unless it hits its goal, due to the disclaimers Kolfage used on the page, Gofundme won’t just be giving Kolfage the money to do with as he wishes.

It appears that this "appeal to the people" was only about 2% as successful as it wanted to be.

That really shocks me because I would have thought that all of the 62,979,636 people who voted for Mr. Trump would have sent at least $1.00 each to show the strength of their support for "The Great Wall of Trump". As it is, it appears that (collectively) those people only thought that Mr. Trump's Big Beautiful Wall was only worth about $0.32 apiece.

Well it hasn't yet been shut down.

There is a link there that asks GoFundMe to direct the person's donation to the 501(c)(4) that has been created, which may be why it has not been shut down.

GoFundMe | TheTrumpWall

It appears that this "appeal to the people" was only about 2% as successful as it wanted to be.

That really shocks me because I would have thought that all of the 62,979,636 people who voted for Mr. Trump would have sent at least $1.00 each to show the strength of their support for "The Great Wall of Trump". As it is, it appears that (collectively) those people only thought that Mr. Trump's Big Beautiful Wall was only worth about $0.32 apiece.
Is that how it appears? Really?
No, it is your commentary that appears to be ridiculous.
Are all of those folks aware of the campaign? I doubt it.
Do all those folks want a wall? I have no clue.
Are all those folks able to donate? I doubt it.
Yeah, your commentary is absurd.

Back
Top Bottom