• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GoFundMe for Trump’s border wall raises more than $11 million

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...rumps-border-wall-raises-more-than-11-million

A GoFundMe campaign to build President Trump’s long-desired border wall has raised more than $11.5 million in donations by Friday morning.

The founder of the fundraising effort is Brian Kolfage, a triple amputee and Purple Heart recipient. He said the money will be turned over to the Trump administration for the wall's construction.
==============================
Nice start but $11M will barely start to pay for the necessary survey work needed before the proposed wall is even started. But it does show how many xenophobes have bought into this nonsense.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...rumps-border-wall-raises-more-than-11-million

A GoFundMe campaign to build President Trump’s long-desired border wall has raised more than $11.5 million in donations by Friday morning.

The founder of the fundraising effort is Brian Kolfage, a triple amputee and Purple Heart recipient. He said the money will be turned over to the Trump administration for the wall's construction.
Nice start but $11M will barely start to pay for the necessary survey work needed before the proposed wall is even started. But it does show how many xenophobes have bought into this nonsense.

Attacking a triple amputee and Purple Heart recipient? Stay classy Jack.

Read my post again but with your glasses on. I attacked no individual.

I'm rooting for the GoFundMe group that wants to make ladders. Make America Great Again!

I can't figure out the scam here. You know it's BS because of the funding instructions:

• If we don’t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny. We are working on a time frame to achieve.

So with roughly $13 million they're 1.3% of the way there to the goal of $1,000 million. So the money is going to be refunded, if his narrative is honest. So what's the point? Maybe it's so this grifter can generate some PR. He's also got a non-profit (presumably) to accept check donations so maybe that's it. Make a little money as the Executive Director of the charity.

At any rate, looks like an obvious scam, so I don't know why anyone would pledge their money to this guy.

Just asking, but do you ever bother to see if the topic is already being discussed?

For those interested, the total is $12,778,062 at this moment. Link

Last edited:

If a quadruple amputee medal of valor recipient thinks the earth is flat i'm still going to call them a moron. Sorry if that triggers you.

I can't figure out the scam here. You know it's BS because of the funding instructions:

So with roughly $13 million they're 1.3% of the way there to the goal of $1,000 million. So the money is going to be refunded, if his narrative is honest. So what's the point? Maybe it's so this grifter can generate some PR. He's also got a non-profit (presumably) to accept check donations so maybe that's it. Make a little money as the Executive Director of the charity.

At any rate, looks like an obvious scam, so I don't know why anyone would pledge their money to this guy.

Google “Creflo Dollar Jet Airplane!”

tumblr_pjzsomhP7K1r55d2io1_640.png

:mrgreen:

Google “Creflo Dollar Jet Airplane!”

Gosh, that's awful, but I guess the "pastor" was honest about the purpose so if people want to fund a luxury jet, that's their business. I know if I was in IRS I'd make a point of examining his church's books....

There is plenty to make one very, very skeptical of this fundraising campaign, starting with the odds of any money going to the wall are about 0% based on the terms of the fundraising campaign.

https://www.gofundme.com/thetrumpwall

He's also got an email harvesting website put up and linked in the gofundme page, and accepts checks at some location in CO. :roll:

One of the largest amount ever raised on Go Fund Me.

Read my post again but with your glasses on. I attacked no individual.

I'm rooting for the GoFundMe group that wants to make ladders. Make America Great Again!

Of course you support law breakers trying to invade our country! That is what democrats do today.
Support open borders and flagrant violation of federal immigration laws.

Of course you support law breakers trying to invade our country! That is what democrats do today.
Support open borders and flagrant violation of federal immigration laws.

We don't have open borders now

There is plenty to make one very, very skeptical of this fundraising campaign, starting with the odds of any money going to the wall are about 0% based on the terms of the fundraising campaign.

https://www.gofundme.com/thetrumpwall

He's also got an email harvesting website put up and linked in the gofundme page, and accepts checks at some location in CO. :roll:

You have the link. It would behoove all to read it before making unfounded accusations and phony judgments.

Over 12 million now... It's become my newest favorite charity.

How do you know this is not a scam? I'm using my real name, my real information, you can contact me and hold me accountable. People who try to scam you will not be upfront with their information, they will hide and not use their name. I have a public figure Facebook page with a blue check mark issued by facebook that verifies my identity. I'm a retired United States Air Force member who was wounded in Iraq, and lost 3 limbs. I have a website BrianKolfage.com where you can verify more about me. I will respond. I've been on Fox News many times, you can see I'm credible and a real person. Do your research before donating, and contact me if you have any questions.

• How will we get the funds to the right place? We have contacted the Trump Administration to secure a point of contact where all the funds will go upon completion. When we get this information secured we will update. We have many very high level contacts already helping.

• Republican Representative Steven Palazzo of Mississippi is introducing legislation to direct the Treasury Department to issue government savings bonds which would allow us to fund the wall with this method. This is just one option, there are others on the table being discussed.

• 100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall.

• We are working with a law firm on a legal document that will bind the government to using the funds for the border wall itself, nothing else.

• We will hold all funds and not release a single penny until we have all legal aspects covered to ensure our money goes only to the wall.

Here is a a great example of what a wall will do at our southern border.

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control

April 6, 2006

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5323928

Before the fence was built, all that separated that stretch of Mexico from California was a single strand of cable that demarcated the international border.

Back then, Border Patrol agent Jim Henry says he was overwhelmed by the stream of immigrants who crossed into the United States illegally just in that sector.

"It was an area that was out of control," Henry says. "There were over 100,000 aliens crossing through this area a year."

Today, Henry is assistant chief of the Border Patrol's San Diego sector. He says apprehensions here are down 95 percent, from 100,000 a year to 5,000 a year, largely because the single strand of cable marking the border was replaced by double -- and in some places, triple -- fencing.

The first fence, 10 feet high, is made of welded metal panels. The second fence, 15 feet high, consists of steel mesh, and the top is angled inward to make it harder to climb over. Finally, in high-traffic areas, there's also a smaller chain-link fence. In between the two main fences is 150 feet of "no man's land," an area that the Border Patrol sweeps with flood lights and trucks, and soon, surveillance cameras.

You have the link. It would behoove all to read it before making unfounded accusations and phony judgments.

Over 12 million now... It's become my newest favorite charity.

I agree, read all of it. You'll find he has an email harvesting website up, and he lists a physical address that also collects contributions by checks. It's not clear if that money is going to the wall or him personally, but it's a different pot than the gofundme money. What is "WeFund the Wall?" What can you tell me about that group? Presumably it's an org of some type if it can cash checks, but I don't know. He also has an update to make the checks to GoFund the Wall. Is that two orgs or just one, with two names? Who knows?

And on the gofundme page is this:

• If we don’t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny. We are working on a time frame to achieve.

The goal is 1,000 $million and they're at 13/1,000 or 1.3%. The odds of hitting 10% seem low, much less collecting "significantly close to" a $billion. So what do you think the odds are any money will go to the wall? I'm guessing 0%.

What I can't figure out is why write the rules that way? Why not just pledge all funds raised to the wall?

I wasn't going to give my email address, but I did follow the Twitter link, and what do you know? He's pushing his coffee on that page. Super strong, "Military Grade!" coffee! The guy is industrious, I'll give him that much.

Last edited:
Here is a a great example of what a wall will do at our southern border.

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control

April 6, 2006

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5323928

Before the fence was built, all that separated that stretch of Mexico from California was a single strand of cable that demarcated the international border.

Back then, Border Patrol agent Jim Henry says he was overwhelmed by the stream of immigrants who crossed into the United States illegally just in that sector.

"It was an area that was out of control," Henry says. "There were over 100,000 aliens crossing through this area a year."

Today, Henry is assistant chief of the Border Patrol's San Diego sector. He says apprehensions here are down 95 percent, from 100,000 a year to 5,000 a year, largely because the single strand of cable marking the border was replaced by double -- and in some places, triple -- fencing.

The first fence, 10 feet high, is made of welded metal panels. The second fence, 15 feet high, consists of steel mesh, and the top is angled inward to make it harder to climb over. Finally, in high-traffic areas, there's also a smaller chain-link fence. In between the two main fences is 150 feet of "no man's land," an area that the Border Patrol sweeps with flood lights and trucks, and soon, surveillance cameras.

Just FWIW, the research show the wall in SD just moved illegal crossings out of the city, which was good, but likely didn't do much to deter crossings overall.

I agree, read all of it. You'll find he has an email harvesting website up, and he lists a physical address that also collects contributions by checks. It's not clear if that money is going to the wall or him personally, but it's a different pot than the gofundme money. What is "WeFund the Wall?" What can you tell me about that group? Presumably it's an org of some type if it can cash checks, but I don't know. He also has an update to make the checks to GoFund the Wall. Is that two orgs or just one, with two names? Who knows?

And on the gofundme page is this:

The goal is 1,000 $million and they're at 13/1,000 or 1.3%. The odds of hitting 10% seem low, much less collecting "significantly close to" a $billion. So what do you think the odds are any money will go to the wall? I'm guessing 0%.

What I can't figure out is why write the rules that way? Why not just pledge all funds raised to the wall?

I wasn't going to give my email address, but I did follow the Twitter link, and what do you know? He's pushing his coffee on that page. Super strong, "Military Grade!" coffee! The guy is industrious, I'll give him that much

Heh....

For myriad so-called goals, there are myriad achievement approaches. For some of those goals, the range of viable approaches for achieving them shrinks or expands. Similarly, the respective approaches' likelihood of producing the sought outcome also increases or decreases.

There was a time when a wall or building more wall may have been a sound choice for achieving the top-level goal of impeding illegal immigration. That time came and left, not so much because the nature of walls has changed, but because the nature and extent of illegal immigration has changed such that walls are no longer cost effective means of achieving the goal. Obviously, given the creation of the GoFundMe campaign to fund Trump's wall, some folks are procrustean enough in their analysis of the problem that they just don't realize that.

Questions for wall advocates:
If be built a border wall (or fencing) that makes continuous the man-made physical barrier on the US' southern border​

• [*=1]What is your methodology for determining whether that wall was successful?

• [*=1]What's your quantitative measure of success for the wall?

• [*=1]How will you calculate the wall's performance?
      [*=1]What's the net ROI -- in dollars and in terms of a ratio -- associated with your cost-benefit calculations?
    [*=1]What is the rationale that makes your methodology sound?

Yes, we do.

You're the second person who has reacted this way.

Are you telling me this entire time you people have been saying "Democrats are for open borders" you meant that literally? As in, literally the only thing you mean is "Democrats don't think we should build a 2000 mile wall?"

Well no ****ing ****, sherlock.

Back
Top Bottom