• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GoFundMe for Trump’s border wall raises more than $11 million

Pretty sure private donations can't be used on federal projects.

We don't have open borders now

In November, 51,856 people were apprehended between ports of entry on the Southwest
Border, compared with 51,001 in the month of October. In FY18, a total of 396,579 individuals
were apprehended between ports of entry on our Southwest Border.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

It seems that the border is pretty open to me. It's like come one come all.

Some in power are in favor of open borders and I don't think it's Trump

Pretty sure private donations can't be used on federal projects.

Incorrect. They can be used to fund federal projects however Congress must first approve it. Here is an example of such being done: You can see the Washington Monument, but a trip to the top will have to wait 2 years

Billionaire philanthropist David Rubenstein has agreed to fund an overhaul of the Washington Monument’s broken elevator system, but the beleaguered landmark will still likely be closed for the next 2 1/2 years, the National Park Service says.

It’s the second time that Rubenstein has come to the aid of the monument, which has been shuttered since Aug. 17 because of chronic elevator problems.

After the 2011 earthquake, he donated $7.5 million of the $15 million cost to repair damage to the marble-and-granite obelisk.

Read my post again but with your glasses on. I attacked no individual.

I'm rooting for the GoFundMe group that wants to make ladders. Make America Great Again!

You called this brave young man a xenophobe.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...rumps-border-wall-raises-more-than-11-million

A GoFundMe campaign to build President Trump’s long-desired border wall has raised more than $11.5 million in donations by Friday morning.

The founder of the fundraising effort is Brian Kolfage, a triple amputee and Purple Heart recipient. He said the money will be turned over to the Trump administration for the wall's construction.
==============================
Nice start but $11M will barely start to pay for the necessary survey work needed before the proposed wall is even started. But it does show how many xenophobes have bought into this nonsense.

Boy that $11 million would go a long way to feed hungry people right here in the USA. The fear and hatred of right-wing nuts offsets any empathy they might have for their fellow Americans suffering right here.

Boy that $11 million would go a long way to feed hungry people right here in the USA. The fear and hatred of right-wing nuts offsets any empathy they might have for their fellow Americans suffering right here.

14.7 million as of time of posting.

These Red Neck rubes might as well feed this money to some goats...It will never build any wall.....Idiots

As you can see, our liberals friends are already pulling out their hair and hysterically wailing because some Patriotic Americans want to defend the sovereignty of our country.

Keep up the good fight boys!

Great. I hope this helps the paranoid knuckle-draggers get to sleep at night.

These Red Neck rubes might as well feed this money to some goats...It will never build any wall.....Idiots

14.7 million as of time of posting.

Right now it is at $14,936,152. By looking at the size of the donations coming in, it appears they are collecting a little over a hundred dollars every minute.

Right now it is at $14,936,152. By looking at the size of the donations coming in, it appears they are collecting a little over a hundred dollars every minute.

I'm starting to shake with pride in my fellow Americans.

God Bless America!!!

As you can see, our liberals friends are already pulling out their hair and hysterically wailing because some Patriotic Americans want to defend the sovereignty of our country.

How much you donate?......You should donate all you have to keep America white and pure...Do it...Do it now!

Pulling our hair? No, we're laughing at a bunch of dupes getting taken by a grifter.

That is a lot of beer and meth money.....All given to a con man...You must be so proud

How much you donate?......You should donate all you have to keep America white and pure...Do it...Do it now!

I'm digging deep as we speak.

Thanks for getting me worked up to donate more my friend.

Pulling our hair? No, we're laughing at a bunch of dupes getting taken by a grifter.

Says the man who leg humped Obama over his, "Hope and Change" and "Every American will save $2,500/year" two bit routine.

Amazing!
And it's at that time of year when people really don't have a lot left over to contribute.
Giving to one's country is one of the greatest gifts that can be given, IMO... considering the border crisis.

This is a well sourced article, (Huffington Post, The Daily Mail, CNN}, that gets right to the point...Open Borders Lead to Human Trafficking, Rape and Death It's heartbreaking.

Time to stop kicking the can down the road.... and get it done.

Says the man who leg humped Obama over his, "Hope and Change" and "Every American will save $2,500/year" two bit routine.

So how much are you giving the grifter?

Amazing!
And it's at that time of year when people really don't have a lot left over to contribute.
Giving to one's country is one of the greatest gifts that can be given, IMO... considering the border crisis.

This is a well sourced article, (Huffington Post, The Daily Mail, CNN}, that gets right to the point...Open Borders Lead to Human Trafficking, Rape and Death It's heartbreaking.

It is amazing that so many people are giving money to a guy to build a wall when that guy can't build a wall for them.

GIVE TO A REAL CHARITY, PEOPLE

I'm starting to shake with pride in my fellow Americans.

God Bless America!!!

right now it is $14,977,401. The amount per minute in donations has really gone up. They will hit 15 mil shortly if this continues.

right now it is $14,977,401. The amount per minute in donations has really gone up. They will hit 15 mil shortly if this continues.

WOW.

Unbelievable!!

Amazing!

and if this administration is really serious then it will start enforcing e-verify and crack down on businesses which profit from illegal immigrant labor.

Back
Top Bottom