• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

God's views on abortion

A preacher is only mistaken if someone is stupid enough to follow the advice of the preacher.

So if a Pro-Choice prieacher told a woman that she should make the decision for herself, you would say that she is stupid and the preacher mistaken.

Interesting.

So if a Pro-Choice prieacher told a woman that she should make the decision for herself, you would say that she is stupid and the preacher mistaken.

Interesting.

That is what I am trying to understand as well.

He follows his teachings... thus he is "wrong", that is all.

So, you are pro-choice by your terminology "anti-choice" but you certainly sound pro-life to me... what is it?

I am personally pro-choice.

If an anti-choice preacher honestly believes that his church members and followers are going to have abortions and use birth control, regardelss of his Anti-Choice preaching, should God punish such a mistaken Anti-choice preacher? Or, should God judge the preacher by his true intentions, of not intending to block abortions and not intending to diminish contraceptive use?

Last edited:
I am personally pro-choice.

If an anti-choice preacher honestly believes that his church members and followers are going to have abortions and use birth control, regardelss of his Anti-Choice preaching, should God punish such a mistaken Anti-choice preacher? Or, should God judge the preacher by his true intentions, of not intending to block abortions and not intending to diminish contraceptive use?

...as if our opinions of what God should or should not do carried any waight..... :2wave:

Obama Believes God has given individuals the wisdom to tell time.

Therefore, many anti-choice Christians are against Obama.

It is tough for On God to keep a balance on all the conflicting priorites for Humans on Earth. The Ecology, Rewards and Pleasures for people, transpoertation and polution harming the skies and the oceans.

The Romans, Greeks and other Multi-Theocratic religions, so it was easier for a God to not have to integrate all the other valid priorites. The goddess of the Hunt did not have to worry about Justice, or War, or good crops.

YouTube - CNN: Barack Obama's opposition to Born Alive Act

CNN fairly reported then-state Sen. Barack Obama's opposition to the IL Born Alive Infants Protection Act, a bill to protect abortion survivors from being shelved to die in hospital soiled utility rooms.

Obama not only voted against Born Alive, he was the sole senator to speak against it on the senate floor - 2 years in a row.

The federal version of Born Alive passed unanimously 98-0 in the US Senate with Sens. Kennedy and Boxer speaking in support on the senate floor. It passed overwhelmingly by voice vote in the US House. President Bush signed it into law on August 5, 2002.

As chairman of the IL Senate Health & Human Services Committee, Obama singlehandedly stopped the identical wording of the federal bill from being introduced in IL in 2003.

Barack Obama is so radical in his support of abortion, he supports infanticide.

This was posted on YouTube by Jill Stank, herself. And the comments above are also hers.

...as if our opinions of what God should or should not do carried any waight..... :2wave:

Wannabe Leaders, who use the Old and New testaments to lead people to their views of righteousness, have created their God to be All Knowing and capable of immense reward, and brutal punishment.

The idea of One God is much more convenient to reconcile conflicting positions into the assembly of a priority selection desired by the individual preacher.

If there really is One God, and the Holy Bible is acutally just full of convenient falsehoods, intended to guide believers to the story teller's improper agenda, then God, as envisoned in the Holy Bible, would surely reign down punishment on the false teachers.

The Holy Bible mentions that many false teachers will arise in the future. Who are the false teachers today? I did not find the Bible cite in time for this post. Anyone have the Bible Verse reference?

Last edited:
I have read the bible from cover to cover and I remember very little about what "God" said :roll: about killing babies in the womb, (other than his instructions to the Isrealites after they fled Egypt, to rip them out of the wombs in their genocidal path to "the promised land" :)roll: again.)

No. I think God favored killing the little children AFTER they were born.

I have read the bible from cover to cover and I remember very little about what "God" said :roll: about killing babies in the womb, (other than his instructions to the Isrealites after they fled Egypt, to rip them out of the wombs in their genocidal path to "the promised land" :)roll: again.)

No. I think God favored killing the little children AFTER they were born.

Oh, that God... what a character. :mrgreen:
He's always had such a zany sense of humor.

Once again religion makes a speak on politics instead of teaching each other to respect each other and treat each other with friendship. I really hope that religion starts working to make this a better place by teaching tolerance which is what I thought I was being taught in Sunday school (Let he who has committed no sin cast the first stone...) Yet I find religion bashing other beliefs and views for not working with there’s. Stop getting involved with other people’s life, especially since you will never meet most of them. If something like abortion bothers you, don't talk about it and don't do it. Don't tell others they can't. Make religion useful, take care of the poor, take care of the orphaned and treat people with respect and let others do as they see fit.

Wannabe Leaders, who use the Old and New testaments to lead people to their views of righteousness, have created their God to be All Knowing and capable of immense reward, and brutal punishment.

The idea of One God is much more convenient to reconcile conflicting positions into the assembly of a priority selection desired by the individual preacher.

If there really is One God, and the Holy Bible is acutally just full of convenient falsehoods, intended to guide believers to the story teller's improper agenda, then God, as envisoned in the Holy Bible, would surely reign down punishment on the false teachers.

The Holy Bible mentions that many false teachers will arise in the future. Who are the false teachers today? I did not find the Bible cite in time for this post. Anyone have the Bible Verse reference?

If you doubt scripture then no verse there in could be a fitting test, as any test would itself be slanted if the bible is nothing but a masterwork of propaganda.

If, even for the sake of argument, you are to trust scripture to be pure, then may I direct your attention to Matthew 6...

2"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. [....] 16 "When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting.

For me the problem with scriptures is that, having been written so long ago, we are left with our fellow man interpreting them, far too often for their convenience. Of course not everything needs to be interpreted: "Love one another as I have loved you" sums up everything very precisely. All else is redundant.

Abortion will happen legally or illegally. I think God isnt a fan of Abortion. The Bible says he knew us before we were born; however, he gave us free will and we're gonna make bad choices and mess up. I think abortion should still stay legal even though i don't agree with it (except in cases of the mother's life is in danger or rape). I would rather have it legal than have women aborting their babies unsafely.

Abortion will happen legally or illegally. I think God isnt a fan of Abortion. The Bible says he knew us before we were born; however, he gave us free will and we're gonna make bad choices and mess up. I think abortion should still stay legal even though i don't agree with it (except in cases of the mother's life is in danger or rape). I would rather have it legal than have women aborting their babies unsafely.

I honestly would rather that women risk unsafe, back ally abortions, then for society to approve of murdering the unborn.

Crime belongs in the underground, and while abortion will never go away, it belongs on the black market right next to substance abuse, prostitution and slave trading.

Back
Top Bottom