• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

god

kal-el said:
I think you fooled everyone, dude. "Sometimes evil spirits cause diseases.". That has to be the most ignorant comment I have ever heard. Happy Holidays.:2razz:
:2wave:Happy Holidays :2wave:​

HAPPY HOLY DAYS

God-Is-Holy said:
:2wave:Happy Holidays :2wave:​

From the world of can't leave well enough alone...

So, God-Is-Holy. We have allready, by your criteria, established that I am going to Heaven. Yee-ha. Giddyup. Good for me. Now about the rest of the world. We have also established that all good people, and we know know what I mean by good, are going to hell. Buddists, Jews, Catholics, Hindus, whatever, no matter how well they have lived their lives, are all going to hell. Because they have not acknowledged that Jesus died on the cross for their sins. I started in on this before, and you said that I am finding loopholes (I'm paraphrasing your words here) that I have started on the road to being not of the faith. Lookie here bro. You have taken the fine words of God and bastardized them. You can not grasp the intent of the word. You are dwelling on the letters of the word. My faith is strong. My God cares that men do good. He is not concerned with the exact wording of their belief. My God cares more about the heart in that man. For you to say that God only cares about words, and not the works of a man, illustrates the brainwashing of your chosen road. It may be you are a good man. Good for you. If that be then you more than any other should know not to judge. I know many people who are good that do not follow your particular finite criteria. The God that speaks to my heart, that knows the ways of man,and allows that the good men among all the different religions of the world by their deeds shall attain life everlasting, is the same God that you drive so many away with your conceited words.

It is not for you to say the Holy Spirit does not speak through my words.

But you will.

Now quote some chapter and verse.

teacher has witnessed. In his own way.

Originally posted by teacher
Now quote some chapter and verse.

Teach, as far as I know, that deluded God-Is-Holy was a troll, and left awhile ago. I figure he got tired of trying to convert people to his religious beliefs without either presenting evidence, or letting me meet his sky pixie.

What if all of us here on DebatePolitics are gathered at the gates of Heaven in the next life. Let's say all the different religious beliefs and all of the different philosophies of mankind are represented in our gathering. We all have our party hats on feeling pretty confident, Ghandi>Bush even has us all holding hands singing cumbaya. Maybe hour after hour goes by and the gate still does not budge. Finally one at a time we go up to the angel guarding the gate and ask why the gate is not opening? Maybe the angel tells each of us that the gate to Heaven is not opened by living up to the requirements that we set up individually, but following the ones God has set up. All of us used our own peculiar logic to determine what the requirements should be in our mortal lives but none of us asked God personally through prayer what is expected and received personal revelation on this matter.

Christ states that the path is straight and narrow and few will find it. I believe the Sermon on the Mount by Christ should be carefully studied, listing the principles taught there. If Jesus taught as one with the authority of God, unlike the Scribes and Pharicees, what does it say about the religious leaders of our day? Do they come in sheeps clothing(Christian clothing) but inside are ravening wolves. What are their fruits? How did Christ state was the proper way of finding truth? Ask God? If a person builds on the foundation of true and personal revelation can they fail?

laska said:
What if all of us here on DebatePolitics are gathered at the gates of Heaven in the next life. Let's say all the different religious beliefs and all of the different philosophies of mankind are represented in our gathering. We all have our party hats on feeling pretty confident, Ghandi>Bush even has us all holding hands singing cumbaya. Maybe hour after hour goes by and the gate still does not budge. Finally one at a time we go up to the angel guarding the gate and ask why the gate is not opening? Maybe the angel tells each of us that the gate to Heaven is not opened by living up to the requirements that we set up individually, but following the ones God has set up. All of us used our own peculiar logic to determine what the requirements should be in our mortal lives but none of us asked God personally through prayer what is expected and received personal revelation on this matter.

Christ states that the path is straight and narrow and few will find it. I believe the Sermon on the Mount by Christ should be carefully studied, listing the principles taught there. If Jesus taught as one with the authority of God, unlike the Scribes and Pharicees, what does it say about the religious leaders of our day? Do they come in sheeps clothing(Christian clothing) but inside are ravening wolves. What are their fruits? How did Christ state was the proper way of finding truth? Ask God? If a person builds on the foundation of true and personal revelation can they fail?

What makes Christianity the only "right" religion and all the others wrong? You live in a Christian dominated society so your religious beliefs are naturally influenced by the Bible but what about people in the Middle East who live in Muslim dominated cultures? Are they condemned to hell because of where they were born and the teachings they were subjected to? They pray to Allah, the same God of Abraham that Christians worship and they are sure of their belief. What about isolated tribes of people indigenous to regions like Africa or the Amazon, many of whom have lived throughout history without any knowledge of Jesus Christ. Are they to be tormented in eternal fire because of where and when they happen to have lived?

laska said:

This would be so sweet.....Those gates would open up....and God would be standing there...smiling at me, I would say thanx for chatting with me when I was down there....and She would pat me on the back and wink.....laughing at all the Christians falling towards the Seventh Level of Hell.

Later....sipping Coffee....she and I would Chat about this Christ Guy.....and chuckle over those silly books people made, ahhhh.....paradise.

I believe the LDS concept of this is that those people who strive to follow the light they have the opportunity to follow and would have accepted more of God's light if they had been given the opportunity, would in no way lose out in any of God's blessings. There is a time between death and the final ressurrection where all people who have not had the opportunity to embrace all of God's truth will be given the opportunity.

laska said:

Wow, suprisingly, I actaully kinda agree with this. I believe all of the religious leaders today are all neglecting their very own Messiah's teachings. They idolize him so much, yet if he returned, he might be among the world's poor. In the Gospel's, he was hanging around with sinners galore. "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick". Like Jesus said, these religious leaders are just wolves in sheep's clothing.

Behold I send you at as sheep amongst the wolves. Seems to me Christ has too high expectations of man. I wonder whether Freud is in Heaven, so he can council him on the youth traumas that may have caused that..

Mr U

god can not help all of you fools... all of you humens make me sick / its ganna be becouse of me all of you will die ..all of you had your fun its about time i put all of you out of your mizery

nothing said:
god can not help all of you fools... all of you humens make me sick / its ganna be becouse of me all of you will die ..all of you had your fun its about time i put all of you out of your mizery

Even we "humens" are capable of proper spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure.

The Real McCoy said:
Even we "humens" are capable of proper spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure.

i dont have to know how to spell to hurt you humens its because of all of you i feel pain

Kal-el said:
Yes, what I meant to say was were the hell did this "alleged" wife come from? Supposedly, he had a wife, kids, and a city. The Bible isn't clearon at what exact time in his life when he killed Abel, took his wife, or built his city. I see some contradictions.LOL

His wife was probably a sister or cousin (and if you plan on saying that this is against God's law, please not that, that law was not given until moses time; after the earth had been populated).

You seem to have the same misconception of other bible bashers that cains city was New York or something. It in fact was probably very small with very few people in it.

Uhh, I really doubt it. After all, it was written by Jonah himself. If it's a parable, it's defitinitely a rather obtuse one, and unrealistic one at at that. Than again, every story is unrealistic. Basically Jonah didn't want to go to Ninevah to preach, and god wanted him to, so Jonah jumped on a boat, confessed, took a dive, got swallowed, prayed in the belly for 3 days and 3 nights, got spit out. So what did Jonah do? He went to Ninevah to preach and was well-received. That's the moral of the story.

Your point being?

Seriously, nearly every aspect of the ark story defies the laws of physics. There is no evidence of any ark, and the flood myth is not even original to the bible - it is a summerian myth. :2razz:[/quote

It is actually a "myth" of nearly every ancient culture on the planet. Almost all the cultures of the world (who supposedly had no contact with each other, seem to have developed nearly identical acounts of of a world wide flood. the biblical account is simply the most detailed (most cultures have a jumbled up version of Noah's flood.

The idea that there really was a "Noah's ark" is not even wrong...it's sheer hyperbole.:lol: It's the type of argument that is so absurd on so many levels that it defies a rational response at first.

The idea that you are capable of giving a rational response is something I severely question.

Nearly every aspect of the story is ludicris, take a gander at some distortions I've been researching:

1) that 4 or 5 men could build a ship larger than the titantic

Over a hundred years with nothing better to do? Yeah..... I think it's possible

2) that they'd have the resources - I figure the locals would mind having every tree within sight being cut down to build a boat.

I'm not sure Noah was giving much thought to what the locals wanted.

[quot]3) it is not possible to build a wooden ship of that size - the bend of the bow would cause massive leaking. No wooden ship has ever approached the size of the ark

The ark was not so much a ship as it was a box. It had a flat bottom (which made it capable to load on land) and no windows. It also did not have any means of propulsion, it was really just a rectangular box floating in the water.

4) during the time of the building of the ark, the earliest built parts would begin rotting away from age before the last parts were completed

Ancient people had many means of preservation we don't have, perhaps these were used.

this is all before a single animal is gathered for the ark - let's move on to that next

Yes, let's

5) where did the kangaroos come from? How did 3 toed sloths, that move less than a mile an hour, cross the atlantic? http://www.arthurgrosset.com/mammals/sloth.html

There are several explanations for this, the best is probably Dr. Walt Browns "hydroplate" theory. You can study it at www.creationscience.com

7) how did noah board roughly a million species onto his ark?

He didn't, he took "kinds" of species. For example he took two dogs on board, when they came off they would become all the "species" of dog's we see today.

where did he store the fresh water fish?

Creationist scientists have shown innumerable times that fresh water fish could have survived the flood.

where did he store the microbiological forms that die when in direct contact with an oxygen atmosphere? :lol:

If you could tell me how this qualifies as a species of animals would be happy to tell you.

9) if bible-thumpers want to argue that noah only took "kinds" - how does the term kind differ from species'

I have already addressed this.

10) how did noah feed the animals? - where did all the food come from? how did only 8 people feed all those animals?

The ark was big enough to hold food, and it's not like the passengers had anything better to do.

12) how did the ark survive the rains that would flood the earth in 40 days? Water would have to fall at a rate around 4 inches a minute - that's not rain, that's precision drilling!

That's not what the bible says. Again, read the hydroplate theory (a daunting task but I'm sure you could manage).

13) water falling at that rate would boil the water, and scour the earth with higher than boiling point temperatures. how did the ark - or anything else, survive?

Even though I don't believe this is what happened I shall address this. Did I miss learning that boiling water destroys wood?

Secondly, nothing else was supposed to survive, so thats a moot point.

14) how did noah and his family survive, considering that they had to have carried with them every disease known to man (who else would be the carriers?

This is ridiculous statement. Learn something about adapting bacteria why don't you?

15) a year passes, and not one animals dies, the lions have not killed in order to eat.

Noah, probably took smaller animals on board, so they wouldn't be so harmful to each other (and they would be easier to catch when they were loading).

20) how did that poor, tired 3 toed sloth manage to go all the way back to south america? You'd think that without the motivation of survival, he'd just hang around in europe. why did the kangaroos go to australia? why did so many of them go only to specific contintents, and not others?

They may have hung around for a couple generations.

21)we know Ham suddenly turned black, but which one of noah's sons turned chinese and decided to walk to asia? where did he find a chinese wife? or did he marry a chinese sister? which son turned indian - asian indian. Which one turned aborigione? Pygmy? American Indian? Eskimo?

This is biology 101, it's not that hard.

22) how did all the plants come back. plants need air as well and drown in the water. was noah a gardener too? if so, how did he replant earth? and how did he decide to only plant certain plants in certain continents again?

Any scientist who studies plants will tell you that it is almost impossible to keep seeds of plants in one place. There are almost innumerable ways that seeds could have traveled through the flood. Some plants can exist when they are super saturated with water. they can travel on close, or in dead animal carcasses.

You're sure. Right. Which god are you talking about here, so there's no confusion? I'm guessing the Christian God? Well, he is a physcho, mass murderer. He, if such an entity exists, makes Bin Laden seem like a ****ing boy scout.:lol: If you don't beleive me, check out the following verses: Exodus 12:29-30, Isis 13:15-16,Hosea 13:16, Numbers 31:15-18. I know there's more, but I'll look for them on my day off. For instance, he killed every man, woman, and child on earth when he caused the damn flood.

They had one hundred years to accept noahs warning from God. It's not his fault they chose not too. Just as Jesus has given us ample opportunity to accept him, again, it is not his fault when someone chooses not too accept him.

Maybe, but according to Biblical scripture, Paul wrote these letters when he was imprisoned in Rome. He wrote 13 letters. I think the 2nd letter to Timothy is the last one he wrote before his death. But that is definitely a possibility, I'm going to have 2 check that out.

Yes, paul wrote many letters when he was under house arrests in Rome. Th reason some letters have a different tone than others is because paul was often writing to christians in completely different situations. He praised some and chastised others, as needed. Ther is no reason to believe he did not write these letters.

His wife was probably a sister or cousin (and if you plan on saying that this is against God's law, please not that, that law was not given until moses time; after the earth had been populated).

Than God's law is temporal, ergo not absolute. We can than question whether it is still to be used right now, which undermines the whole construct of christian ethics...

Mr U

oracle25 said:

O, so tiring. So, it was incest?

You seem to have the same misconception of other bible bashers that cains city was New York or something.

Who the hell said this? Certainly not me. You are not being completely honest here.

It in fact was probably very small with very few people in it.

I'll say, as there were only 4 people on earth.LOL

Your point being?

My point spartacus, is that anyone with a modicum of intellect, should be able to come to the conclusion, that that trifling story is logically impossible. Any fish that size would surely diget a man quickly, without any hopes of returning to open air.

The ark was not so much a ship as it was a box. It had a flat bottom (which made it capable to load on land) and no windows. It also did not have any means of propulsion, it was really just a rectangular box floating in the water.

Wow, where did you come up with this very visionary supposition? Your opinion? I must have missed the passages that you use to describe the ark.

Ancient people had many means of preservation we don't have, perhaps these were used.

Ha, more airy hope. Please don't put words in god's mouth. It's not in scripture. God doesn't like his words mangled.

Proverbs 19:9
A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who pours out lies will perish.

There are several explanations for this, the best is probably Dr. Walt Browns "hydroplate" theory. You can study it at www.creationscience.com

Hahaha, that site is filled with questions, not answers. Please don't come to a gunfight with a knife.:lol:

He didn't, he took "kinds" of species. For example he took two dogs on board, when they came off they would become all the "species" of dog's we see today.

Wow, I guess you are able to fit 10lbs. of **** in a 5lb. bag.:lol:

Genesis 6:19
You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures

At it again I see, guilty of manipulating this fella's word. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Making entreaty's that aren't supported by scripture.

Creationist scientists have shown innumerable times that fresh water fish could have survived the flood.

Wow, you are quite the equivocator, aren't you?

Genesis 6:17
I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens

Where does this god fellow say that only the freshwater fish will survive? What, is he plaing favorites again?

If you could tell me how this qualifies as a species of animals would be happy to tell you.

The earliest cells were tiny prokaryotes, and for more than two billion years they were the only life forms on earth. These cells were anaerobic, which means that oxygen was poisonous to them. http://curriculum.calstatela.edu/courses/builders/lessons/less/les4/eukaryotes.html

I have already addressed this.

Yea you orated subterfuge articulations. Please think about what you are saying first, so you don't come off so ignorant. Thanks.

The ark was big enough to hold food, and it's not like the passengers had anything better to do.

Haha, do you even know how many species of animals there are? And every species has differing preferences of food it will consume. The ark was 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45feet high. I would think if a tiger or lion was near a chihauhua, the lion or tiger would devour it, I guess the predator's ate well.

That's not what the bible says. Again, read the hydroplate theory (a daunting task but I'm sure you could manage).

O man, imagine that.. A Christian who is ignorant on their own theology.:lol:

Genesis 7:4
Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights

Even though I don't believe this is what happened I shall address this. Did I miss learning that boiling water destroys wood?

Did I say boiling water destroys wood?

Secondly, nothing else was supposed to survive, so thats a moot point.

Uhh, you're being casuistical here. Before you said that freshwater fish lived. Now you say everything died, which is it?:doh And the ark had to survive, becuase god remembered his covenant with Noah.

This is ridiculous statement. Learn something about adapting bacteria why don't you?

How exactly is that classified as ridiculous? What Noah and his family were of perfect health, and didn't contain any germs? And what about all the animals, what are you implying all the thousands of species didn't carry any germs at all? That's a frivolous statement.

Noah, probably took smaller animals on board, so they wouldn't be so harmful to each other (and they would be easier to catch when they were loading).

O, so boring. Please stop predicating your retorts on misfigured declarations. You're saying god's word isn't infallible.

They may have hung around for a couple generations.

O, right. That explains it. The 3 toed sloth "hung around" for a couple generations, then suddenly got the urge to swim all the way to South America. You're arguments blow me away!

This is biology 101, it's not that hard.

If biology 101 can explain how Noah's sons became indian, aborigione, Pygmy, American Indian, and Eskimo?, I'd be astonished. I'm sure you won't mind pointing that part out to me.

Any scientist who studies plants will tell you that it is almost impossible to keep seeds of plants in one place. There are almost innumerable ways that seeds could have traveled through the flood. Some plants can exist when they are super saturated with water. they can travel on close, or in dead animal carcasses.

Yes, but this isn't supported in scripture. Cleary, it is said that everything on earth perished. It doesn't say anything about plants existing, they are alive, right? God cleary kills every living thing. It doesn't say except plants. gain, you are just speciously trying to fabricate escuses for something that cannot be true.

They had one hundred years to accept noahs warning from God.

What are you talking about? He gave Noah a seven day warning. Please read up on scripture before calling one out on this stuff, thanks.

It's not his fault they chose not too. Just as Jesus has given us ample opportunity to accept him, again, it is not his fault when someone chooses not too accept him.

So, you're saying a loving god is perfectly justified in taking the lives of these people? Wow, you have a skewed sense of morals.

Yes, paul wrote many letters when he was under house arrests in Rome. Th reason some letters have a different tone than others is because paul was often writing to christians in completely different situations. He praised some and chastised others, as needed. Ther is no reason to believe he did not write these letters.

Correct.

HU-210 said:
Than God's law is temporal, ergo not absolute. We can than question whether it is still to be used right now, which undermines the whole construct of christian ethics...

Mr U

Where did this logic come from? Why would God's law be absolute before he gives it?

Secondly, this is more of a law of concern for his people. Since Adam and Eve were created perfect with no genetic defects there children would also probably have no such defects. So it would be of no danger to anyone. When moses was around, however, they would have genetic defects. Therefore, it only makes sense that God would create a law protecting them from harm to there children.

oracle25 said:
Since Adam and Eve were created perfect with no genetic defects there children would also probably have no such defects. So it would be of no danger to anyone.

So I take it you think incest is ok, then?

When moses was around, however, they would have genetic defects.

Why is it any different? Whether we are talking about Noah, his wife, his sons and their wives, or Adam and Eve, why are Moses's descendents inflicted with genetic defects, but Adam and Eve's descendent's aren't? After all, they're one in the same, Moses is a descendent from Adam and Eve.

Therefore, it only makes sense that God would create a law protecting them from harm to there children.

What? According to God's law, he orders parents to stone disobedient children.

oracle25 said:
Where did this logic come from? Why would God's law be absolute before he gives it?

Secondly, this is more of a law of concern for his people. Since Adam and Eve were created perfect with no genetic defects there children would also probably have no such defects. So it would be of no danger to anyone. When moses was around, however, they would have genetic defects. Therefore, it only makes sense that God would create a law protecting them from harm to there children.

Because if some things are inherent good or evil, ergo absolute, as is the tradition in Christianity, they are not temporal, and apply always. Murder was always wrong, even when God revealed it.

Mr U

kal-el said:
So I take it you think incest is ok, then?

Again you do not listen. It was not wrong at the time, it is, however, wrong now.

Why is it any different? Whether we are talking about Noah, his wife, his sons and their wives, or Adam and Eve, why are Moses's descendents inflicted with genetic defects, but Adam and Eve's descendent's aren't? After all, they're one in the same, Moses is a descendent from Adam and Eve.

I don't believe I ever said that they were not. Since sin was introduced into the world, genetics defects began to develop for various reasons as generations went by.

What? According to God's law, he orders parents to stone disobedient children.

This is just a way of avoiding giving a real answer. Try that some time.

HU-210 said:
Because if some things are inherent good or evil, ergo absolute, as is the tradition in Christianity, they are not temporal, and apply always. Murder was always wrong, even when God revealed it.

Mr U

I believe an absolute wrong with with the type of wrong we are talking about. Absolute wrongs (murder for example) are something that is always there. We have something inside us telling us it is wrong. We know this because nearly all cultures in the world have the same right/wrong type rules. Something like this is different, it's not inherently wrong, but rather, it's wrong because God told us not to do it (for our own sake).

oracle25 said:
Again you do not listen. It was not wrong at the time, it is, however, wrong now.

What an asinine supposititon. Either it's wrong all the time, or it's not. You can't blindly pick and choose at what times incest is right, it's not a two-way street here.

I don't believe I ever said that they were not.

Uhh, you didn't, at least not in so many words. You said when Moses was around, genetic defects were present, but Adam and Eve had none, all they share the same geneaoligal tree.

Since sin was introduced into the world, genetics defects began to develop for various reasons as generations went by.

Yes, you might be correct about genetic defects ongoing and passed on by generations, but this almighty "god" fella instilled "sin" into the world.

Isiah 45:7
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity, and create disaster, I, the lord, do all these things.

So, please don't cry about sin being in the world, or even about Satan, because your sky cadet created Satan, and sin, among everything.

This is just a way of avoiding giving a real answer. Try that some time.

Try justifying your sky genie imposing laws to kill disobedient children. Dosen't sound so loving to me:lol:

Last edited:
oracle25 said:
<Murder> is not inherently wrong, but rather, it's wrong because God told us not to do it.

The first wonderful step into the graves of the millions religion has claimed in the name of God. Long live the religious, virtuous man, aye? :roll:

Mr U

HU-210 said:
The first wonderful step into the graves of the millions religion has claimed in the name of God. Long live the religious, virtuous man, aye? :roll:

Mr U

I take it you don't believe in right or wrong?

kal-el said:
What an asinine supposititon. Either it's wrong all the time, or it's not. You can't blindly pick and choose at what times incest is right, it's not a two-way street here.

I have attempted to explain this. It's making a law for a problem that did not exist before.

Yes, you might be correct about genetic defects ongoing and passed on by generations, but this almighty "god" fella instilled "sin" into the world.

We "instilled" sin into the world.

Perhaps you missed the next part of that chapter"

Isaiah 45:8 You heavens above said:
So, please don't cry about sin being in the world, or even about Satan,

Why should I cry about them? I know where they will eventually be.

because your sky cadet created Satan, and sin, among everything.

He created Satan, but not sin.

Try justifying your sky genie imposing laws to kill disobedient children. Dosen't sound so loving to me:lol:

It doesn't say to kill them if they don't pick up there room or anything like that. Just blatant and continuous disrespect. But again your avoiding the real issue.

Back
Top Bottom