• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

god

The no smoking in heaven... and no beer... and definately no Monday night football. Just Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell. Have a nice day.

The Real McCoy said:
I'll get to that in just a little bit... (go down 6 or so responses if you can't wait ;) )

Ok, so I assumed you were getting frustrasted. I guess that's irrefutable evidence that points to me being delusional? I'll tell you what delusional is there bud. It's buying into a higher power that acts as an amplifying lever for the human revenge desires. And since he has a plan for everyone, then that takes away our free will, so in essence, we are just powerless chess pieces in some kid of divine game being played out over the course of our lives.

A cloudy throne?? I don't either... What's your point?

My point is that you seem overcome by your wild imagination. And calling me delusional, hell it takes one to know one, okay?

Nor do I. Again, your point?

There you go with the delusional nonsense again. Do you have something to hide? That's seems like a sensitive subject to you.:2razz:

That doesn't come close to describing me. I'm assuming, after sifting through your mindless babbling, that your only reason for calling me delusional is my belief in a Creator of the universe. As soon as it's proved to me that God does not exist, I'll admit that I am delusional.

No, that's fine that you beleive that, no harm. But I have a problem when you try to force your wild, imaginitive beliefs on others. As soon as its proven that there is no god, there goes the church. It will be deemed worthless. And alot of people will have a huge void in their lives.

How? You're the minority here.

Yes, unfortunately I am. Alot of membership at church functions are decreasing worldwide, IMO alot of church-goers should take off those old,blood-stained clothes that are as sad as their color. The exact color as the crimes that have been committed under their facade, Hypocracy and mystification have lasted long enough. People need to leave those churches, which are just monuments built by primitives to adore stupid pieces of wood and metal.

Gladly...

Ok, provide evidence of me being hypocritical.

And now allow me to display a small sample of the plethora of claims you spout which have no factual basis:

There's a few examples.

How is that hypocritical? It's no different than your totally absurd claims.

What gave you the impression I was getting mad? I implied no emotion in that response, nor did I emphasize any words or use excessive punctuation. I didn't even use an exclamation point. THAT is an example of your delusion. You completely dodged my straight forward, simple questions and irrationally laughed and asked if I was getting mad.

Well, you claim that you point out the Bible's condradictions, but I have yet to see any evidence of a contradicition on your part. It seems protocal that all you right-wing zealots get frustrated when your "supernatural" entity is mocked. That might have been a false assumption on my part, for that I apologize.

That's your opinion that isn't shared by many.

Really? So I guess you polled everyone on this forum?

Out of everyone here, your arguments are IMO the most fun to respond to.
It's like slicing through warm butter with a razor blade. :lol:

Yes, your hysterically asinine claims are easily refuted. If I wanna know what you're going to spout off next, I just tune in to the 700 club.:2razz:

Inuyasha said:
The no smoking in heaven... and no beer... and definately no Monday night football. Just Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell. Have a nice day.

OPM LYRICS

"Heaven Is A Halfpipe"

If I die before I wake
at least in heaven I can skate
cause right now on earth I cant do jack
without the man up on my back

now heaven would be a dj
spinning dub all night long
and heaven would just kickin back
with jesus packing my bong
and if you dont believe in Jesus and muhammad and budha too
and while the world is warring
just sit back and laugh at you singing..

If I die before I wake

now most people think of heaven
they see those pearly gates
but I looked a little closer
and theres a sign says "do not skate"
so if you wanna come to my heaven
well we're all gonna have a ball
and everyone u know is welcome
cause we got no gates or walls singing..

If I die before i wake
at least in heaven i can skate
cause right now on earth I cant do ****
without the man ****ing with it

and then I got to the gate
pulled a list that I'd been calling fate
I'm sorry friend you cant come in
you gotta a list here that doesn't end
you're mad cause I smoke dope
you teaching any classes in how to cope
I'll find a place to rest my head
I rather be alone now that I'm dead
like chirstian hossoi way back in 87
we'll be busting Christ air's until we get to heaven
think I really care that I miss my biology
got my education in stale fishology
with all your rules you got to chill
I'm gonna twist out Mike McGill
I'm gonna twist out cause I got the skillz
I'm gonna twist out cause I got the skillz..got the skillz got the skillz

heaven is a halfpipe..
heaven is a halfpipe..

If I die before I wake

If I die before I wake
cause right now on earth I cant do ****
without the man ****ing with it
[repeat to fade]
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/opm/heavenisahalfpipe.html

Rebellion is rebellion, religion is religion, don't combine the two.

kal-el said:
Correct, but I also feel my point hits home better if I equip my sentences with profanity.

No, it doesn't. It just makes you seem insecure and makes your arguments look less valid. It makes you seem like you're just full of anger and that the only reason you think the way you do is just because you're angry.

kal-el said:
Ok, so I assumed you were getting frustrasted. I guess that's irrefutable evidence that points to me being delusional? I'll tell you what delusional is there bud. It's buying into a higher power that acts as an amplifying lever for the human revenge desires. And since he has a plan for everyone, then that takes away our free will, so in essence, we are just powerless chess pieces in some kid of divine game being played out over the course of our lives.

You're an idiot. Plain and simple. God does have a plan for us and he gave us free-will. We have the ability to choose and if we make the right choices, God's plan for us falls into place.

kal-el said:
My point is that you seem overcome by your wild imagination. And calling me delusional, hell it takes one to know one, okay?

You are delusional because you have no evidence for your claim. I am not because there's literally an enitire UNIVERSE of evidence to support mine.

kal-el said:
There you go with the delusional nonsense again. Do you have something to hide? That's seems like a sensitive subject to you.:2razz:

Your inferiority shines through as you dodge yet another of my questions. And no, I have nothing to hide. I openly admitted that I don't believe in "a slimy, hooved entity, laying in an eternal, burning fire?" when I said "Nor do I."

kal-el said:
No, that's fine that you beleive that, no harm. But I have a problem when you try to force your wild, imaginitive beliefs on others. As soon as its proven that there is no god, there goes the church. It will be deemed worthless. And alot of people will have a huge void in their lives.

I never once tried to force my beliefs on anyone until they (people like you) forced your idea that there is no God, on me.

kal-el said:
Yes, unfortunately I am. Alot of membership at church functions are decreasing worldwide, IMO alot of church-goers should take off those old,blood-stained clothes that are as sad as their color. The exact color as the crimes that have been committed under their facade, Hypocracy and mystification have lasted long enough. People need to leave those churches, which are just monuments built by primitives to adore stupid pieces of wood and metal.

Why do you keep bringing in the Church and the Bible in this argument? This is about God, not a particular group's interpretation of God.

kal-el said:
Ok, provide evidence of me being hypocritical.

Already did, you're just too blind to see it.

kal-el said:
How is that hypocritical? It's no different than your totally absurd claims.

It is different because I have the Universe as evidence while you have nothing. :lol:

kal-el said:
Well, you claim that you point out the Bible's condradictions, but I have yet to see any evidence of a contradicition on your part.

Here's a couple...

Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)
Murder, rape and pillage of the Midianites (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)
Murder Rape and Pillage (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)
Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)
Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)
David's Punishment - Polygamy, Rape, Baby Killing, and God's "Forgiveness" (2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)
Rape of Female Captives (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)
Sex Slaves (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
God Assists Rape and Plunder (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)
Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
Kill Homosexuals (Leviticus 20:13 NAB) (Ironically, 25-50% of priests today are homosexuals http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051112/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl
)
Death for Hitting Dad (Exodus 21:15 NAB) Death for Adultery (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)
Death for Fornication (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
Kill Nonbelievers (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT) Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)
Kill Followers of Other Religions. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)
Death for Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)
Infidels and Gays Should Die (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)
Kill People for Working on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)
Kill Brats (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)
God Kills the Curious (1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV)
God Will Kill Children (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)
Kill Men, Women, and Children (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)
God Kills all the First Born of Egypt (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)
Kill Old Men and Young Women (Jeremiah 51:20-26)
God Will Kill the Children of Sinners (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)
More Rape and Baby Killing (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)
Mass Murder (1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)
You Have to Kill (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB), (Jeremiah 15:1-4 NLT), (Ezekiel 35:7-9 NLT), (1 Kings 14:9-16 NLT), (Judges 20:48 NAB),
Kill Your Neighbors (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

Plus the idea of an all loving, all merciful God sending those who have doubts to an eternal torment with no hope of escape.[/QUOTE]

kal-el said:
It seems protocal that all you right-wing zealots get frustrated when your "supernatural" entity is mocked.

Right-wing zealots?? Dude, I'm a Libertarian... I make it quite clear both in my profile and through numerous threads.

kal-el said:
Really? So I guess you polled everyone on this forum?

No, but you're the only one who has insulted my intelligence.

kal-el said:
Yes, your hysterically asinine claims are easily refuted.

Easy when you refute with stupidity. All of my responses to your mindlessness have been rational and logical.

kal-el said:
If I wanna know what you're going to spout off next, I just tune in to the 700 club.:2razz:

Another example of your delusion. No matter how many times I try making it clear to you you completely fail to acknowledge that I DONT BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE. I doubt even that will get through to your moronic mind.

And the 700 club of all places? Superman-wannabe, if you want my opinion on Pat Robertson, go here and check out post #3: http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=5717

Last edited:
kal-el said:

Memberships at church functions are decreasing? Where is your proof? People have been saying that stuff for years about the Roman Catholic Church and we have more members nowadays than we have ever had in our entire history! I admit that certain countries are becoming less religious than they were in the past but I think religious attitude just fluctuates like anything else. And as far as the crimes that have been committed under religion...talk about hypocrisy, the very thing that you claim to be against! The atheist government of Russia, while it was still in power, slaughtered over 30 million people. The atheist government of China has slaughtered and raped innocent Tibetans. So before you go label religion as being "blood stained," you better take a good, long, and hard look at the history of atheism and then make up your mind.

George_Washington said:
Memberships at church functions are decreasing? Where is your proof? People have been saying that stuff for years about the Roman Catholic Church and we have more members nowadays than we have ever had in our entire history! I admit that certain countries are becoming less religious than they were in the past but I think religious attitude just fluctuates like anything else. And as far as the crimes that have been committed under religion...talk about hypocrisy, the very thing that you claim to be against! The atheist government of Russia, while it was still in power, slaughtered over 30 million people. The atheist government of China has slaughtered and raped innocent Tibetans. So before you go label religion as being "blood stained," you better take a good, long, and hard look at the history of atheism and then make up your mind.

Here ya go:
http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/j_h_patterson/church_statistics.html

And adults' knowledge of the bible is decreasing:
http://www.theologicalstudies.citymax.com/page/page/1573625.htm

Crimes of the church:
http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/joseph_mccabe/religious_controversy/chapter_23.html
http://www.reformation.org/inquisit.html
http://www.reformation.org/girolamo-savonarola.html
http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=conceal
http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/rants/pope_rant.htm

What about Giordano Bruno, who was burned alive 4 centuries ago, for saying there were other inhabitable planets out there? 200,000 children are alive today because of IVF. The Pope at the time, opposed it, of course he changed his tune. If he had his way, these 200,000 children would never have lived, because of the religious powers. Stopping science is a crime against humanity.

I'll respond to the rest tomorrow.:2razz:

The Real McCoy said:
The problem is that their claims are baseless. They deny God without evidence, claiming evolution created everything, as if evolution were some intelligent entity. No matter how they try to argue it, there's always a loop in their logic.

No, it is not denying God without evidence, it is not accepting the existence of God without evidence. You are making the claim that God exists without evidence to back that claim up. Without evidence, why do you expect that claim to be accepted? If I were to tell you that I had a purple unicorn for a pet, would you accept that, or would you first need proof?

Also, you seem mistaken about the evolutionary process. It is not evolution that created anything. Evolution is what we call the process by which genetics change over time. Evolution has nothing to do with creation.

The Real McCoy said:
And it isn't a moot point as the evidence for God is all around us but the evidence for his non-existence is just that: non-existent.

What evidence? I've never seen any valid evidence put forth for the existence of God. Most of what is put forth ends up being simple arguments from incredulity.

George_Washington said:

There is, of course, one major difference. How many atrocities have been done in the name of atheism? Hmm, not a one that I can think of. Now, how many atrocities have been commited in the name of religion? Hmm, Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Witch hunts, the violence in Ireland, Islamic terrorism, the wars between Protestants and Catholics for most of the 16th century in France, the Sunni-Shiite conflict, and most of the violence of the mid-east come easily to mind.

There is, of course, one major difference. How many atrocities have been done in the name of atheism? Hmm, not a one that I can think of. Now, how many atrocities have been commited in the name of religion? Hmm, Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Witch hunts, the violence in Ireland, Islamic terrorism, the wars between Protestants and Catholics for most of the 16th century in France, the Sunni-Shiite conflict, and most of the violence of the mid-east come easily to mind.

Peculiar argument. Do you feel these atrocities would not have happened were there no religion? Stalin, Mao, Hitler (though the latter's religion is dubious) were atheists, and still comitted atrocities. Besides, the people who followed the leaders, were they really fighting for God, or were they fighting for a better existence for themselves?

Am I lying when I say that faith requires no evidence, or what? Com'on that is not a puerilation, that is factual. Who is Kierkegaard compared to your very own god, who alot of people blantanly disregard the teachings of?

Faith requires a different kind of evidence, which stands outside of reason. My very own God? What are you talking about?

Mr U

HU-210 said:
Faith requires a different kind of evidence, which stands outside of reason. My very own God? What are you talking about?

Mr U

Reason is part of factual evidence...and MUST be used to form consensus of fact, otherwise there can be no agreement between parties on the Data. As for the "Very Own God" statement......think about it. Everyone has a different interpretation of God, that is how the Human mind works. So unless you wish to think the God you take into your heart is the exact same thing your entire congregation sees in thiers....it is your own.
Much as every person interprets the Bibles in a different way, so do they form an individual understanding of the God they accept as the author. To suggest otherwise is beyond reason....oh.....wait....I forgot, we dont have to use reason.

Nevermind.

MrFungus420 said:

Oh and Genghis Khan was peaceful? The fact is that there was just as much killing and violence, before Christianity came about.

kal-el said:
Here ya go:
http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/j_h_patterson/church_statistics.html

And adults' knowledge of the bible is decreasing:
http://www.theologicalstudies.citymax.com/page/page/1573625.htm

Crimes of the church:
http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/joseph_mccabe/religious_controversy/chapter_23.html
http://www.reformation.org/inquisit.html
http://www.reformation.org/girolamo-savonarola.html
http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=conceal
http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/rants/pope_rant.htm

What about Giordano Bruno, who was burned alive 4 centuries ago, for saying there were other inhabitable planets out there? 200,000 children are alive today because of IVF. The Pope at the time, opposed it, of course he changed his tune. If he had his way, these 200,000 children would never have lived, because of the religious powers. Stopping science is a crime against humanity.

I'll respond to the rest tomorrow.:2razz:

You can show whatever links you like to prove that Church affiliation is decreasing. It is in some parts of the world but in others its not. But I don't care. People said a thousand years ago that the Roman Catholic Church was on its last leg and look at us now.

I will look at those links you've provided as to the "atrocities" that Christians have committed. I don't have time right now because I have to get to work. But keep in mind that before Christianity there was just as much violence going on, if not more!

Everyone has a different interpretation of God

That is why we have definitions. With God, however, definitions fail, and so do interpretations. God is absolute, religion is the relative interpretation. Your very own God is an oxymoron.

Reason is part of factual evidence...and MUST be used to form consensus of fact, otherwise there can be no agreement between parties on the Data.

Many of the esoteric statements within Christianity fall outside what 'reason' dictates. Evidence is an interpretation of facts.

Mr U

The Real McCoy said:
You're an idiot. Plain and simple. God does have a plan for us and he gave us free-will. We have the ability to choose and if we make the right choices, God's plan for us falls into place.

Why don't you try debating rather intelligently, instead of putting forth thoughtless verbal chicarades. By responding to your juvenile lingo, I am bringing my face value down to your level.LOL

You are delusional because you have no evidence for your claim. I am not because there's literally an enitire UNIVERSE of evidence to support mine.

Ohh, right, you have evidence.The universe, yes, why is that? O, "because I say so"- that is getting really old, and is a childish, naive attempt at illuding the subject.

Your inferiority shines through as you dodge yet another of my questions. And no, I have nothing to hide. I openly admitted that I don't believe in "a slimy, hooved entity, laying in an eternal, burning fire?" when I said "Nor do I."

What? Maybe I could understand you, if you didn't sound like a reject from Mel Gibson's Deliverance.LOL

I never once tried to force my beliefs on anyone until they (people like you) forced your idea that there is no God, on me.

There you go, you posted, didn't you? This is a discussion forum. People of conflicting idealogy will challenge your ideas from time to tme. Get over it. You sound like a little girl.

Why do you keep bringing in the Church and the Bible in this argument? This is about God, not a particular group's interpretation of God.

Well, I was under the impression that they were all the same god. Didn't you say that? If you say I'm lying, I'll dig up your post were you uttered that.

Already did, you're just too blind to see it.

Too blind to see, what exactly? I'm not too blind to see that you spout nonsense, after hearsay, after nonsense, with no physical proof, but you claim that the universe is your proof.:lol: I might spout off nonsense, but I don't claim I have physical proof, actually I said it's impossible to disprove your invisible entity in the air.
It is different because I have the Universe as evidence while you have nothing. :lol:

O geese. Here we go again. You're asinine "because I said so" blind attempt at proof.LOL

Here's a couple...

Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)
Murder, rape and pillage of the Midianites (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)
Murder Rape and Pillage (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)
Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)
Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)
David's Punishment - Polygamy, Rape, Baby Killing, and God's "Forgiveness" (2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)
Rape of Female Captives (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)
Sex Slaves (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
God Assists Rape and Plunder (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)
Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
Kill Homosexuals (Leviticus 20:13 NAB) (Ironically, 25-50% of priests today are homosexuals http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051112/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl

)
Death for Hitting Dad (Exodus 21:15 NAB) Death for Adultery (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)
Death for Fornication (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
Kill Nonbelievers (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT) Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)
Kill Followers of Other Religions. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)
Death for Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)
Infidels and Gays Should Die (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)
Kill People for Working on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)
Kill Brats (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)
God Kills the Curious (1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV)
God Will Kill Children (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)
Kill Men, Women, and Children (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)
God Kills all the First Born of Egypt (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)
Kill Old Men and Young Women (Jeremiah 51:20-26)
God Will Kill the Children of Sinners (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)
More Rape and Baby Killing (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)
Mass Murder (1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)
You Have to Kill (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB), (Jeremiah 15:1-4 NLT), (Ezekiel 35:7-9 NLT), (1 Kings 14:9-16 NLT), (Judges 20:48 NAB),
Kill Your Neighbors (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

Good. I see you've been busy. Further proof that the bible isn't entirely accurate.

Plus the idea of an all loving, all merciful God sending those who have doubts to an eternal torment with no hope of escape.

You're preaching to the choir.

Right-wing zealots?? Dude, I'm a Libertarian... I make it quite clear both in my profile and through numerous threads.

Libertarians, right wing fundies, they're basically all the same.LOL

No, but you're the only one who has insulted my intelligence.

Dude, did you just get kicked off an aol chatroom, or something. You're childish overtonish rants are becoming tiresome.LOL

Easy when you refute with stupidity. All of my responses to your mindlessness have been rational and logical.

Yea ok.:rofl Keep telling yourself that lie.
Me: religion is a grand delusion
you:you're calling me delusional, you are delusional
me:On the contrary, I think its you
you:nope, it's all you

I guess that classifies as rational and logical.LOL

Another example of your delusion. No matter how many times I try making it clear to you you completely fail to acknowledge that I DONT BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE. I doubt even that will get through to your moronic mind.

O god, not this nonsense again. For the last time, the bible teaches that there is only 1 itnelligent, and all-knowing force beyond man; god. It preaches that he is indeed supernatural. If you beleive in god, how can you not subscribe to all of his divine stories perpetrated in the bible? If you just believe in an intelligent designer, non supernatural, I can buy that, as I don't know enough of the Big Bang theory to make an informed decision. But I'm not about to give all the credit to a mystical entity created by primitives.

And the 700 club of all places? Superman-wannabe, if you want my opinion on Pat Robertson, go here and check out post #3: http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=5717

Ok, the point remains intact though. Maybe not Robertson, hows about Fallwell?

George_Washington said:
You can show whatever links you like to prove that Church affiliation is decreasing. It is in some parts of the world but in others its not. But I don't care. People said a thousand years ago that the Roman Catholic Church was on its last leg and look at us now.

Yes, let's take a gander at your Roman Catholic Church now. Let's see, how many pediphile preists are there? Many:
http://dir.yahoo.com/Society_and_Cu...x_Crimes/Sexual_Abuse_in_the_Catholic_Church/

I will look at those links you've provided as to the "atrocities" that Christians have committed. I don't have time right now because I have to get to work. But keep in mind that before Christianity there was just as much violence going on, if not more!

Actually, the Christians seem to be keeping their hands clean most of the time, the majority of the crimes have been perpetrated by the Catholic Church. Yes, there was more violence before Christianity, what's your point? Ever war is started in the name of some mystical entity in the sky. In every religious book, there's numerous textual passages that incite violence and hate, among other things. If we would censor these horrific passages, I think that would solvent alot of the world's violence.

I think that would solvent alot of the world's violence.

What's next? Crippling Homer?

Actually, the Christians seem to be keeping their hands clean most of the time, the majority of the crimes have been perpetrated by the Catholic Church.

And members of the Catholic Church are not Christianic? They have interpreted and set much of the dogma that exists today, even amongst protestants. Still, it does show that there are always individuals behind atrocities, and that they merely manipulate their beliefs. Atheists, if plenty have your arrogance, could be bend to exterminate religious folk.

I'd rather have an atheist world as well, but the distinction between atheists and theists, and the differences in logic in beliefs lies a lot more nuanced, and can be brought to light by bashing of stereotypes.

Mr U

HU-210 said:
What's next? Crippling Homer?

What's next? You'll say something intelligent, opposed to claptrap nonsense.:lol:

And members of the Catholic Church are not Christianic? They have interpreted and set much of the dogma that exists today, even amongst protestants. Still, it does show that there are always individuals behind atrocities, and that they merely manipulate their beliefs. Atheists, if plenty have your arrogance, could be bend to exterminate religious folk.

Dude, show me even 1 instance where an athiest committed crimes against religious folk? As already cleared up, the Catholic's distort the bible's teachings. Even your very own fellow bible-thumper acknowledged that. God-is-Holy did indeed say that Catholics refer to themselves as "father", when its abudantly clear that there very own Gospels expressly forbid this.

What's next? You'll say something intelligent, opposed to claptrap nonsense.:lol:

I will assume that was intended as being sarcastic and an attempt at self-criticism on your part.

Dude, show me even 1 instance where an athiest committed crimes against religious folk?

Chairman Mao.

fellow bible-thumper

Exactly what or who do you think I am?

Mr U

kal-el said:

Dude, show me even 1 instance where an athiest committed crimes against religious folk? As already cleared up, the Catholic's distort the bible's teachings. Even your very own fellow bible-thumper acknowledged that. God-is-Holy did indeed say that Catholics refer to themselves as "father", when its abudantly clear that there very own Gospels expressly forbid this.

The question posed by HU was "And members of the Catholic Church are not Christians?" Let me rephrase that to:

Are Catholics Christians or not?

It's a simple yes or no question. You didn't answer it above. Would you answer that question now please?

You also describe HU-210 as a Catholuc. I cannot find any evidence of that. Can you indicate the post where he states that?

HU-210 said:
I will assume that was intended as being sarcastic and an attempt at self-criticism on your part.

Self-critism? Why exactly would I want to cause any harm to a greek poet?

Chairman Mao.

Wasn't he a political leader? I had no clue he was atheist. Could you provide some evidence?

Exactly what or who do you think I am?

Exactly what I said.

Originally posted by Inuyasha
Are Catholics Christians or not?

Yes, but only if they have faith in the Christ alone to forgive sins.

Inuyasha said:
You also describe HU-210 as a Catholuc. I cannot find any evidence of that. Can you indicate the post where he states that?

Where did I so much as even utter that he was Catholic?

Back
Top Bottom