• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

"God wants this city to be white!!"

M14 Shooter

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Did anyone see this nutjob?

"This city will be a majority White American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have Toledo no other way. It wouldn't be Toledo."
-Mayor Carty Finkbiner, 16 JAN 2006, spealing out in a MLK2 day protest march

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/16/D8F61AV80.html

Imagine the gall. What a racist. I can't believe I havent seen this on the mainstream media.

New Orleans No More

Having grown up on the Gulf Coast and having lived in Lousiana for 8 years in my 20's New Orleans had always been a very special place for me, and for the past 23 years me and my wife. It has saddened me how over the last 10 years it had fallen into such conditions or high crime and high unemployment that resulted as business left. And of course having shared in Katrina and seeing the destruction just took my breath away.

But until the city gets rid of this man who is mayor,a man by the way whom I had very high hopes for before his election and early in his tenure, I will never go back there unless I have to on business only.

From his comments yesterday

"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans _ the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."

How exactly is it he wants to come together? Who exactly is it he thinks is going to rebuild, and especially fund the rebuilding of New Orleans.

Fine let him and his fellow African Americans who subscribe to his view have, all on their own. And let it stay that way until this man is repudiated by the citizens of New Olreans. I can't imagine a more racist statement.

Further into the story:

" A day earlier, gunfire erupted at a parade to commemorate King's birthday. Three people were wounded in the daylight shooting amid a throng of mostly black spectators, but police said there were no immediate suspects or witnesses. "

They were three seperate shootings.

Yep you can have your city all to yourself Mr. Nagin. And BTW don't come to mine with your racist attitude.

Re: New Orleans No More

and on this day, Martin Luther King, Jr. would be ashamed of this vermin.

...now I'm confused. :confused:

Re: New Orleans No More

KCConservative said:
and on this day, Martin Luther King, Jr. would be ashamed of this vermin.

I don't expect him to be condemned, and that makes it even sadder.
But I do expect someone to jump and cry "HE HAS A RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH", which is even sadder still because they are clueless.

/mod mode/
M14 & Stinger,
Sorry for the confusion guys, but I have merged your two threads since they are on the same topic. As you were!
/mod mode/

vergiss said:
...now I'm confused. :confused:

The threads got merged. But I think M14's point was that if a white republican mayor had made the analagous statement there would be an outrage from the left like you can't imagine, but there will be little from them on this.

Mine was, that's it for me and New Orleans for a very long time unless they act to rid themselves of this man.

Stinger said:
The threads got merged. But I think M14's point was that if a white republican mayor had made the analagous statement there would be an outrage from the left like you can't imagine, but there will be little from them on this.

Mine was, that's it for me and New Orleans for a very long time unless they act to rid themselves of this man.
I think she was confused by M14's opening post......his quote (maybe a humorous deception?) was from the Mayor of Toledo and the link was to an article about Mayor Nagin's comments. If it was meant the way I think it was it was damn witty.

Regardless, vergiss' post came before the merging.

Stinger said:
But I think M14's point was that if a white republican mayor had made the analagous statement there would be an outrage from the left like you can't imagine, but there will be little from them on this.

Maybe not from the media. But from the rank and file there will be shame, disgust and outcry.
The guy's an idiot. New Orleans deserves better.
ted

mixedmedia said:
/mod mode/
M14 & Stinger,
Sorry for the confusion guys, but I have merged your two threads since they are on the same topic. As you were!
/mod mode/

Is this why they call you MixedMedia? LOL.

danarhea said:
Is this why they call you MixedMedia? LOL.
It is why you may call me mixedmedia, if you like. ;)

Paladin said:
Maybe not from the media. But from the rank and file there will be shame, disgust and outcry.

Don't hole your breath, he will be defended.

The guy's an idiot. New Orleans deserves better.

The truth of the matter is that he is not an idiot. But New Orleans does deserve better.

Turns out Mayor Nagin wants to model the new New Orleans after Hershey, PA.

mixedmedia said:
/mod mode/
M14 & Stinger,
/mod mode/

Wow. I like seeing mixedmedia in action moderating. It becomes her (although she is kinda bossy--see bold above). ;)

aps said:
Wow. I like seeing mixedmedia in action moderating. It becomes her (although she is kinda bossy--see bold above). ;)
/mod mode/
I am not bossy.
/mod mode/
;)

Back
Top Bottom