• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

God must have sucked at math

If 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles were written through spiritual inspiration, then they were spiritually inspired to be nonsense.
Looks to me like there was piss-poor proofreading, continuity checking, compiling and editing.
What's that prove? Nothing.

Looks to me like there was piss-poor proofreading, continuity checking, compiling and editing.
What's that prove? Nothing.

LOL

Yet people who feel that way still take the time to read it and nark all over it.

I believe in the written word. I don't believe that descriptions by two different authors of a building they probably never saw negates the message to be found in the Bible.

This was about the only thing written in this thread that was worth reading.

I believe in the written word. I don't believe that descriptions by two different authors of a building they probably never saw negates the message to be found in the Bible.

Not to mention that Chronicles was written based on the earlier books of the Bible Such as Kings.

Not to mention that Chronicles was written based on the earlier books of the Bible Such as Kings.
So just how accurate can the broader message be, and just how much control could God possibly have over the Bible's content, when information was copied directly from Kings and they still got it wrong?

So just how accurate can the broader message be, and just how much control could God possibly have over the Bible's content, when information was copied directly from Kings and they still got it wrong?

To answer the question I would have to agree that they got it wrong and I don't.
Nor did I state that the information was "copied directly" from the earlier books.

If 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles were written through spiritual inspiration, then they were spiritually inspired to be nonsense.

Solomon's Temple contained a Sea of cast metal. *It is described in both 1 Kings 7 and in 2 Chronicles 4.

How big was it? *Did it hold two thousand baths as it says in 1 Kings, or three thousand baths as it says in 2 Chronicles? This contradiction is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

It can hold two thousand bigger baths or three thousand smaller baths. Everyone knows God has different type of baths. God didn't want this to be known because people might judge his taste for some personal luxury but the bigger baths might have been jacuzzis-like.

The*passages*give the dimensions of the Sea, so we can figure it out for ourselves.

Ten cubits is 15 feet, so it is a circular sea 15 feet across and 7 and a half feet high.**
7.5(radius)sqrd = 56.25 * pi = 176.7 square feet*7.5 (height) = 1325.25 cubic feet of volume at most assuming a perfect cylinder. If instead the Brazen Sea were bowl shaped, as has always been depicted, this volume would be even less. According to Josephus, "Solomon also cast a Brazen sea, the figure of which was a hemisphere." Were this the case, the Sea would have a volume of 883 cubic feet.

2000 baths equals 11,500 gallons, which means it would need to be 1537.3 cubic feet in volume according to 1 Kings, and 17,500 gallons, or 2339.4 cubic feet according to 2 Chronicles. *So according to the dimensions given, the Sea was way too small to hold either 2000 baths or 3000 baths. *This means that not only does 1 Kings conflict with 2 Chronicles, but they both conflict with themselves.

I'm more disturbed that God didn't know the value of pi but it's probably because he changed his mind about its value when he told his people to write his book and then giving it to us later. As for the volume, God just doesn't have the time to keep proportions constant. Haven't you ever jumped into a pool and turn ant-size? God is a busy dude.

Last edited:
God doesn't suck at math, the people who wrote the Bible did. It's not God's fault that people associate him with a bunch of fairy tales written by cave men.

Why not? A bunch of cave men that believed in fairy tales created him.

It can hold two thousand bigger baths or three thousand smaller baths. Everyone knows God has different type of baths. God didn't want this to be known because people might judge his taste for some personal luxury but the bigger baths might have been jacuzzis-like.

I'm more disturbed that God didn't know the value of pi but it's probably because he changed his mind about its value when he told his people to write his book and then giving it to us later. As for the volume, God just doesn't have the time to keep proportions constant. Haven't you ever jumped into a pool and turn ant-size? God is a busy dude.

Pi is a joke from God. Let's give the humans a formula that never ends, it will bug the **** out of them. teeehhehehhehehe

Pi is a joke from God. Let's give the humans a formula that never ends, it will bug the **** out of them. teeehhehehhehehe
yeah and while we are at it lets put bones in the rocks and really screw with their heads.

Those are done to death. Apologists love taking on those kinds of inconsistencies, because there is more wiggle room. Math is much harder to argue with, so I am interested to see people try.

Or I suppose we could all just agree that the Bible is fundamentally flawed...

The Bible was written by men, and men are fallible... move on.

Back
Top Bottom