• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

God for the nonbelievers

Approachable

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
How do you know if there is a God that he/she decides if you are worthy?

Out of curiosity, are you suggesting that maybe the reason God hasn't revealed Himself to some nonbelievers is because He knows they wouldn't believe anyways?

Not religious at all, but it's my understanding that some believe that all people are inherently "worthy," though I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that.

Out of curiosity, are you suggesting that maybe the reason God hasn't revealed Himself to some nonbelievers is because He knows they wouldn't believe anyways?
Makes as much sense as believing in God.

Makes as much sense as believing in God.
Perhaps, but let's put it in simpler terms.

If you knew with absolute certainty that you would be denied a job would you still bother applying for it?

Oh. Then, I have no idea, however we should wait for the new season of Star Trek Picard to see what criteria Q comes up with this time. In the previous television series, we learned that Q decided that humanity was worthy of living because Jean-Luc Picard demonstrated the capacity to grow and embrace new and different ideas and beliefs. If that's our cue, then you, @Approachable, will be worthy of living if you demonstrate such an ability--whether you are a believer in God or not.

If god created us then he created the brains that formed modern medicine. It's not rocket surgery. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not religious at all, but it's my understanding that some believe that all people are inherently "worthy," though I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that.
Actually, none are worthy as "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

Fortunately, "all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" (Romans 3:24) if they choose to be.

All are worthy of being justified is that we are all made in the image of God but we are not all God's children as the Bible makes clear (John 8: 44).

Actually, none are worthy as "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

Fortunately, "all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" (Romans 3:24) if they choose to be.

All are worthy of being justified is that we are all made in the image of God but we are not all God's children as the Bible makes clear (John 8: 44).
Thank you, you're more qualified to answer this than me.

Maybe God doesn't judge?

Oh...he judges...

Revelation 20:1-15​

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain. And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while. Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. ...

Oh...he judges...

Revelation 20:1-15​

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain. And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while. Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. ...

John 5:22 - For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

John 12:47 - I will not judge those who hear me but don’t obey me, for I have come to save the world and not to judge it.

John 5:22 - For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

John 12:47 - I will not judge those who hear me but don’t obey me, for I have come to save the world and not to judge it.
As judgment will take place “in the last day,” during Christ’s Thousand Year Reign, just as TB pointed out in Revelation...

As judgment will take place “in the last day,” during Christ’s Thousand Year Reign, just as TB pointed out in Revelation...

Why would God make humans without perfect knowledge, then blame them for not knowing better? That doesn't make sense. There are natural consequences and repercussions for wrong actions in this world which are enough punishment and correction.

I suppose it depends what he does.
God would have to do something pretty darn amazing to convince me he isn't just a being from a super advanced alien civilisation.
Technology that's much more advanced than we can conceive of can easily be viewed as magic and who's to say what humanity will be capable of in 100k years?

Things we do now would be pretty bloody amazing if viewed by a typical Roman for example. The power of information available via a simple google search would blow their minds.

Why would God make humans without perfect knowledge, then blame them for not knowing better? That doesn't make sense. There are natural consequences and repercussions for wrong actions in this world which are enough punishment and correction.
What is so unfair about executing judgment among the nations and removing all oppressors, letting no enemy escape, and now no ruler will escape, no matter how populous and mighty the land over which he is the head over, will he avoid being broken to pieces for the relief of all people he has brought distress upon? Revelation 19:11-21...seems like the epitome of fairness to me...

If god created us it doesn't matter whether they agree or not. Same as if god didn't create us. Same as if god exists at all or doesn't exist at all. Believing god exists even if he doesn't isn't going to magically make him exist. Believing god doesn't exist even if he does isn't going to suddenly make him not exist

If god created us it doesn't matter whether they agree or not. Same as if god didn't create us. Same as if god exists at all or doesn't exist at all. Believing god exists even if he doesn't isn't going to magically make him exist. Believing god doesn't exist even if he does isn't going to suddenly make him not exist

What's your point?

What is so unfair about executing judgment among the nations and removing all oppressors, letting no enemy escape, and now no ruler will escape, no matter how populous and mighty the land over which he is the head over, will he avoid being broken to pieces for the relief of all people he has brought distress upon? Revelation 19:11-21...seems like the epitome of fairness to me...

I wouldn't rely too heavily on Revelation for literal info. It reads like whoever wrote it was on LSD and is way too symbolic to accurately interpret.

Hebrews 8:12 - “No longer will each one teach his neighbor or his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will forgive their iniquities and will remember their sins no more.”

Revelation 21:4 - “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”

Revelation 21:4 - “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”
And how do you think that will be accomplished if the wicked are allowed to go about their merry way? The former things on earth will be passed away because the wicked will no longer be here to cause such things...

Back
Top Bottom