• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

God Doesn't Care If You Smoke Weed; Pastors Focus On Decriminalizing Unjust Drug Laws

Re: God Doesn't Care If You Smoke Weed; Pastors Focus On Decriminalizing Unjust Drug

I got addicted to morphine once when I had more than 20 broken bones at once. It sure made the Teletubbies interesting!

God Doesn't Care If You Smoke Weed; Pastors Focus On Decriminalizing Unjust Dru

The Bible is an addiction for the feeble-minded. It is an escape from reality no different than any other addiction.

It's an approach to a greater reality.

Re: God Doesn't Care If You Smoke Weed; Pastors Focus On Decriminalizing Unjust Drug

It could be that the cautions about alcohol in the bible are there because alcohol causes more problems than weed when taken in excess.

There's a general negative attitude toward any excessive behavior. Greed, gluttony.

People have known about the psychotropic effects for thousands of years, yet it hasn't been recorded as a "problem" much. So your overall point is sound.

We apparently "grew up" with the plant. The oldest known woven fiber sample is hemp, for instance.

Again, I refer you to Genesis 1:29

"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

There are others, but the general gist is he made it, and saw that it was good ;)

There's also that jesus quote about it being what comes out of mans mouth not what goes into it that is bad.

The biblical message on moderation is clear.

Doesn't heroin come from an herbal seed?

Yes, after being refined by humans.

Much the way grain IS a seed until men process it into alcohol.

I'm thinking I should take up some type of South American ritualistic religion. ;)

Ayuasca.

For the times getting completely ****ed up just isn't enough!

The Bible is an addiction for the feeble-minded. It is an escape from reality no different than any other addiction.

Hi. I'm a Christian.

Yup, I actually believe in that Biblical God.

Have you found me to be feeble-minded so far? Judging by the number of "likes" I've gotten from you over the past year, it wouldn't seem so....

Re: God Doesn't Care If You Smoke Weed; Pastors Focus On Decriminalizing Unjust Dru

Fairy-tales are a greater reality?

You think you're making any progress here?

Hi. I'm a Christian.

Yup, I actually believe in that Biblical God.

Have you found me to be feeble-minded so far? Judging by the number of "likes" I've gotten from you over the past year, it wouldn't seem so....

No i don't find you feeble-minded but even rocket scientist seem unable to distinguish reality from fairy tales when it comes to religion. You do raise a valid point however it is not the idea that "God" exists that is ridiculous it is the idea that a man made "God" and the religions that define it exists.

No i don't find you feeble-minded but even rocket scientist seem unable to distinguish reality from fairy tales when it comes to religion. You do raise a valid point however it is not the idea that "God" exists that is ridiculous it is the idea that a man made "God" and the religions that define it exists.

So you're a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but not the 1st?

Makes me the exact opposite, calms me right down.

Not that I would know :lol:

Me either although I do have friends and family who do not like it. Not everybody likes coffee. Sae type of thing here, I believe.

From what I've read about god, we are supposed to be thinking aout god all the time that is possible, not getting stoned and giggling. So, I assume god disapproves of pot but hasn't made a specific rule forbidding it. If we added a prayer before and after smoking pot, I think that would satisfy the requirements.

There are other drugs like LSD that can actually give you a spiritual experience where you can talk directly to god. Others, like X, make you feel loving and inclined to be kind to others. So, I presume god would be OK with that.

(I am not being sarcastic, just exploring the possibilities)

That would be a MUCH longer conversation and one we might get into sometime when I'm not so busy.... but thanks for the distinction anyway. :)

New American Bible says: Now the works of the flesh are obvious: immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy, outbursts of fury, acts of selfishness, dissensions, factions, occasions of envy, drinking bouts, orgies, and the like.

I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

From God's perspective, drunkenness and drug use are really the same thing...anything that takes you away from awareness of God's will and in to unconsciousness (that is, lack of awareness of God's will, or ignoring it) is wrong.

I think it is possible to have a drink now and again, and feel warm and good, without risking losing awareness of God. Same thing goes for pot and other drugs, though with some drugs it's pretty hard to know where the line is (heroin, coke, painkillers, etc.)

Yes, but you can drink some alcohol and not be drunk. You can't get just a little high. It's all or nothing and it serves no purpose. Some alcohol is good for the body. No amount of marijuana is good for you, despite the so called "studies" that claim some benefit with glaucoma. And then it is only supposed to relieve pain, which you can do with an aspirin.

Yes, but you can drink some alcohol and not be drunk. You can't get just a little high. It's all or nothing and it serves no purpose. Some alcohol is good for the body. No amount of marijuana is good for you, despite the so called "studies" that claim some benefit with glaucoma. And then it is only supposed to relieve pain, which you can do with an aspirin.

What planet do you live on?

Funny, I smoke regularly and often only for a "head change", not to get "stoned".

And smoking pot actually relaxes the smooth walled muscles, lowering blood pressure and other stress issues. That's why your eyes get red.

Promoting the idea of decriminalization through religion? Interesting.

That would be a MUCH longer conversation and one we might get into sometime when I'm not so busy.... but thanks for the distinction anyway. :)

Yes; That would be an interesting conversation.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of people who are against marijuana have never used it. They only know what they've seen in movies or heard from their religious leaders. Marijuana has been shown to improve general health at the cellular level. It doesn't just get you "high". Cannabinoids have anti-cancer and anti-oxidant effects. In essence, marijuana isn't being prescribed as a pain-reliever, it's being prescribed to address the illnesses themselves along with the symptoms. This is leaps and bounds, a different story than what these prohibitionists are saying, mostly because they don't do any research.

Also, I'm tired of the "social drinking" vs pothead, argument. Can you take a sip of wine/beer and not be drunk? Of course! But, show me anyone who only "sips" wine socially. We all know that most alcohol drinkers are getting drunk, so that's a completely false argument. The other side is the idea that you're instantly impaired from one puff of marijuana. It's just not true. You'll instantly have a "buzzed" feeling, but this is decidedly different from full-blown intoxication. Most people who use marijuana medically are not "stoned" all day, and are pretty darn responsible.

I think that most of the prejudices against marijuana users are due to observer effect. If you think that a marijuana user should look or act like this stereotypical stoner, then that's who you examine. You'll miss the 90%+ of marijuana users who don't look or act that way, and your preconceptions are never challenged. If this issue could be discussed more openly, most prohibitionists would change their tune within a month or two.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of people who are against marijuana have never used it. They only know what they've seen in movies or heard from their religious leaders. Marijuana has been shown to improve general health at the cellular level. It doesn't just get you "high". Cannabinoids have anti-cancer and anti-oxidant effects. In essence, marijuana isn't being prescribed as a pain-reliever, it's being prescribed to address the illnesses themselves along with the symptoms. This is leaps and bounds, a different story than what these prohibitionists are saying, mostly because they don't do any research.

Also, I'm tired of the "social drinking" vs pothead, argument. Can you take a sip of wine/beer and not be drunk? Of course! But, show me anyone who only "sips" wine socially. We all know that most alcohol drinkers are getting drunk, so that's a completely false argument. The other side is the idea that you're instantly impaired from one puff of marijuana. It's just not true. You'll instantly have a "buzzed" feeling, but this is decidedly different from full-blown intoxication. Most people who use marijuana medically are not "stoned" all day, and are pretty darn responsible.

I think that most of the prejudices against marijuana users are due to observer effect. If you think that a marijuana user should look or act like this stereotypical stoner, then that's who you examine. You'll miss the 90%+ of marijuana users who don't look or act that way, and your preconceptions are never challenged. If this issue could be discussed more openly, most prohibitionists would change their tune within a month or two.

I don't think God does care if you smoke crap..personally I do care when presented with stupified workers..

Back
Top Bottom