• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

God does answer Prayers and He is never late. [W:28]

ludin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
My promotion finally came through. My managers have been trying to 2 years to get me
promoted to the next level. Last year it got scuttled due to a corporate merger.
Finally yesterday I found out that my promotion went through.

came with a nice pay raise that I need as our van is on it's last leg and
we are going to have to bite the bullet and get another car next year.

Isn't it a bit of a snub to your managers who put in 2 years of effort on your behalf to give all the credit to God?

My promotion finally came through. My managers have been trying to 2 years to get me
promoted to the next level. Last year it got scuttled due to a corporate merger.

That's great and I'm happy for you, but IMO who you really should be thanking is your managers who helped you get the promotion. God didn't do that, they did. And your own hard work helped you get that promotion as well, don't sell yourself short.

Last edited:
Isn't it a bit of a snub to your managers who put in 2 years of effort on your behalf to give all the credit to God?

Why discard truth? He helped them this time.

Maybe your own good work helped get the promotion too.

Nope not at all. I already thanked my managers, but God's timing is perfect in every way.
He does deserve the credit.

That's great and I'm happy for you, but who you really should be thanking is your managers who helped you get promoted. God didn't do that, they did.

that is your opinion not mine. you are free to not partake of in a religious thread if you don't want to.

Maybe your own good work helped get the promotion too.

For we are saved by grace not of works least any man should boast.
Sure I could take all the credit, but that doesn't do anything.

The Lord gets the credit for giving me the ability and skill. He gets the credit for the correct timing
and filling a need that my family will have in the next year.

He does provide all your needs.
It is a testimony.

that is your opinion not mine. you are free to not partake of in a religious thread if you don't want to.
So what if we have differing opinions? We can still partake in a discussion; it's what we're all here for.

For we are saved by grace not of works least any man should boast.
Sure I could take all the credit, but that doesn't do anything.

The Lord gets the credit for giving me the ability and skill. He gets the credit for the correct timing
and filling a need that my family will have in the next year.

He does provide all your needs.
It is a testimony.

I wasn't saying you should be greedy and snatch all the credit. ;)

yes - "god" is all about personal gain and profit for individuals.

So what if we have differing opinions? We can still partake in a discussion; it's what we're all here for.

you need to read the rules of this forum.
it is posted at the top.

you need to read the rules of this forum.
it is posted at the top.
I'm not criticising your religion; I'm simply stating my opinion.

But whatever, I'll dip if I'm being a nuisance.

I'm not criticising your religion; I'm simply stating my opinion.

But whatever, I'll dip if I'm being a nuisance.

you posted

That's great and I'm happy for you, but IMO who you really should be thanking is your managers who helped you get the promotion. God didn't do that, they did. And your own hard work helped you get that promotion as well, don't sell yourself short.

I can thank whoever I would like and for me God did provide.
He is the provider and protector and this isn't the first time I have had
a great need for my family and God has come through and provided.

The store my wife worked for was getting ready to close.
a year before that happened I got promoted to the position I have now.

a few months before she was going to have to leave (she was kept on to help close the store)
the company said I wasn't making enough compared to other people and I received a huge
salary increase.

God is good and all the time and all the time God is good.

Why discard truth? He helped them this time.

How is this 'the truth'? Sounds more like 'it's about damn time' than Divine intervention. I never understood people who survive a tornado saying "God was looking out for us" when several of their fellow townsfolk are killed- children included. More like pure dumb luck as most of us would think He/She has better things to do than finally get around to getting one guy a pay raise.

so I'm more inclined to say 2 years waiting for a promotion (which means even more time working to be seen as eligible for promotion) isn't divine intervention.

I guess God can be given credit for anything- the guy who sits and waits 2 years for a promotion or the guy who waits 6 months and then finds a better job elsewhere and takes matters into his own hands to get the raise that can make car payments... :peace

How is this 'the truth'? Sounds more like 'it's about damn time' than Divine intervention. I never understood people who survive a tornado saying "God was looking out for us" when several of their fellow townsfolk are killed- children included. More like pure dumb luck as most of us would think He/She has better things to do than finally get around to getting one guy a pay raise.

so I'm more inclined to say 2 years waiting for a promotion (which means even more time working to be seen as eligible for promotion) isn't divine intervention.

I guess God can be given credit for anything- the guy who sits and waits 2 years for a promotion or the guy who waits 6 months and then finds a better job elsewhere and takes matters into his own hands to get the raise that can make car payments... :peace

I was looking for another position in the company but nothing was really open.
and my company is paying me so much right now that finding someone else that is willing to pay that or more is
a little hard to find.

I have been with them for 10 years. received 4 promotions in that time.
They are one of the top IT companies to work for.

yes God gets the credit for providing for my family.
again no one forces you to post in a religious thread
so you can take your anti-religious bigotry elsewhere.

I understand we are in the religious discussions area, so we need to be reasonable in this discussion.

I have always found it suspect that when something *good* happens the idea is to give God credit saying he has "answered prayers," but when something *bad* happens something along the lines of God's will is the answer.

Couldn't it be as simple as the powers at Corporate finally decided to make a move for your career as these other managers have been pushing for? What happened to your own merit and the recommendation of these others for the given promotion?

I understand we are in the religious discussions area, so we need to be reasonable in this discussion.

I have always found it suspect that when something *good* happens the idea is to give God credit saying he has "answered prayers," but when something *bad* happens something along the lines of God's will is the answer.

(1 Thess. 5:16-18).

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Couldn't it be as simple as the powers at Corporate finally decided to make a move for your career as these other managers have been pushing for? What happened to your own merit and the recommendation of these others for the given promotion?

last year we did a 6 billion dollar buyout for another company.
so they pretty much halted everything.

Even this year there were questions as to what they were going to do.
however it seems they are done with the merger holds and releases.

we are a single income family. our van is starting to break down. in the past 6 months I have dumped almost 3500
dollars in it to keep it running.

I like the fact I don't have a car payment, but I don't like the fact of having to keep dumping money into it.
frankly it is only going to get worse. I need at least 1 more year out of it.

in order to get another vehicle I needed a promotion to generate the needed pay raise.
that is how you make money in my company. you move up.

God provided once again and it isn't the first time.
I can't count the number of time in the past I needed 40 or 50 extra dollars and someone would call
with a computer issue and need their computer fixed.

(1 Thess. 5:16-18).

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

last year we did a 6 billion dollar buyout for another company.
so they pretty much halted everything.

Even this year there were questions as to what they were going to do.
however it seems they are done with the merger holds and releases.

we are a single income family. our van is starting to break down. in the past 6 months I have dumped almost 3500
dollars in it to keep it running.

I like the fact I don't have a car payment, but I don't like the fact of having to keep dumping money into it.
frankly it is only going to get worse. I need at least 1 more year out of it.

in order to get another vehicle I needed a promotion to generate the needed pay raise.
that is how you make money in my company. you move up.

God provided once again and it isn't the first time.
I can't count the number of time in the past I needed 40 or 50 extra dollars and someone would call
with a computer issue and need their computer fixed.

So you are saying you are not getting this promotion because of your merit, but God's wishes? At the same time you are saying that because you needed income God answered, so it had nothing to do with your skills at PC repair?

So you are saying you are not getting this promotion because of your merit, but God's wishes? At the same time you are saying that because you needed income God answered, so it had nothing to do with your skills at PC repair?

who gave me those skills to begin with. also I do more than PC repair I am a project support analyst.
I handle procedure documentation, training, and support new systems and project upgrades.

I help ensure that the systems are fully operational and functioning for live system use.
and provide support for our operational staff.

the pc repair stuff I do on the side.
I use to support a law firm till I got the position I have now and had to start traveling all over the world.

who gave me those skills to begin with. also I do more than PC repair I am a project support analyst.
I handle procedure documentation, training, and support new systems and project upgrades.

I help ensure that the systems are fully operational and functioning for live system use.
and provide support for our operational staff.

I am assuming your education and experience.

I was looking for another position in the company but nothing was really open. and my company is paying me so much right now that finding someone else that is willing to pay that or more is a little hard to find. I have been with them for 10 years. received 4 promotions in that time. They are one of the top IT companies to work for. yes God gets the credit for providing for my family again no one forces you to post in a religious thread. so you can take your anti-religious bigotry elsewhere.

So what does my voluntarily posting have to do with this?

I'm not anti-religious, or a bigot, just marvel at the times when folks give God credit for something when thousands of other perish- from innocent children to little old church going ladies.

I'm a bit confused- the company is paying mad money but it took this pay raise to finance a new car? :confused:

Top IT company- didn't know there was such an animal these days- my wife does IT work- started as a junior programmer and is now a BA. She just ended a BA job and will be starting a Developer/programmer job for hard into 6 figures. We have been through tough times and fun times... didn't really think Divine Intervention had much to do with our lives.

now my take- 10 years same 'wonderful' top IT company that merged and pushed off a promotion, but still 4 pay raises that gives you 'mad' money but thank God you got this last pay raise because you need a new vehicle- but now you got that promotion after a two year wait that your manager had to push for...

it seems more like a company finally realized it should reward a long service employee (so few spend a decade at the same IT business- most workers are very mobile) and green lighted the promotion.

not knocking Christianity at all- just how it is used from time to time... :peace

Yeah,but his aim is bad. The rain that hit Texas should have fallen in California.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom