• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"God Created Man in His Own Image."

Logician Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
What, 'specifically' does this Biblical claim mean to you?

Jehovah God is a spirit, we are flesh and blood, so it is not referring to any physical likeness...man has the ability to cultivate and manifest qualities that God possesses, such as love, empathy, and justice...

"God Created Man in His Own Image." What, 'specifically' does this Biblical claim mean to you?

It tells me the idea was poorly planned, executed with incompetence, and with horrifically terrible results so bad that he killed everyone once all but a really really... I mean really... old guy, his small family, and two of everything else that could not swim yet.

That clear it up for you?

Is woman not god's image then?

The whole woman thing was an afterthought, so he robbed a rib from a man and created a woman.

That should explain a few things about that whole planning thing not going too well.

What, 'specifically' does this Biblical claim mean to you?
They got it ass backwards. Man obviously created God in our image not the other way around.

That is why this so called "God" is as petty, jealous and immoral as the worst among us.

Last edited:
They got ass backwards. Man obviously created God in our image not the other way around.

That is why this so called "God" is as petty, jealous and immoral as the worst among us.
lol...you're just mad He's not like you...

That did not turn out so well either.

The first man and woman made the terrible decision not to obey God. If they had obeyed Him, none of the world's problems would ever exist.

lol...you're just mad He's not like you...
Why would I be mad about fiction first of all?

Secondly, you are correct, the Christian God is not like me. I am way less petty jealous and immoral.

The first man and woman made the terrible decision not to obey God. If they had obeyed Him, none of the world's problems would ever exist.

Are you going with the woman seduced by a snake to eat a special apple that was off limits story?

So God wanted slaves .Got it

Nonsense. God made people who are hopeful, loving, empathetic, compassionate, and supportive. His plan for us was to love each other and do good, not evil.

Nonsense. God made people who are hopeful, loving, empathetic, compassionate, and supportive. His plan for us was to love each other and do good, not evil.
Clearly his plan fell apart. That's bad planning. It's all on god.

Jehovah God is a spirit, we are flesh and blood, so it is not referring to any physical likeness...man has the ability to cultivate and manifest qualities that God possesses, such as love, empathy, and justice...
As well as death and destruction.

Back
Top Bottom