• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"God Created Man in His Own Image."

:oops:

You don't remember?

Lift your eyes up, and look.
What do your ramblings in your post# 194 have to do with the thread topic? About as much as calling my wife a "beast"? ( How very 'Christian' of you to do such a disgusting thing ) :devilish:

Man is made in God's image.

Man made a mistake.

It didn't say God made man exactly in His image.

Our likeness with God is not a physical resemblance.
Instead, God’s likeness denotes our capacity to rule over creation and be in relationship with God and other humans and to exercise reason, intelligence, speech, moral consciousness, creativity, rationality, and choice.

God made a mistake in making man because man, who is in His image, made a mistake.

Nope.
You made a mistake in assuming that. :)

God gave man free will, and it's meant to be used by man.
Let's repeat that: free will is given by God, and it's meant to be used by man.

If man can exercise his free will in choosing between right and wrong - the possibility that he'd make a mistake in his choice, exists.
Therefore, if man made a mistake - it's simply a reflection of his choice, which was made by his free will (which was meant for him to be used by God).

Therefore, God didn't make a mistake.

Further...if God had not made mistakes...explain the Flood, which was His way to wipe the slate clean to start over.

If you had a son who fell into addiction, and is now running uncontrollably wild...................... would you say you made a mistake in having him?

God can wipe the slate clean and start again, or not. He can do so anytime!
If we are a mistake - then, why are we still here?

Yes, the Flood is a good illustration that God did not make a mistake.
Look how far He'd gone to ensure life on earth isn't wiped out.

Would He have sacrificed Himself to come down on earth as the Messiah............................... to suffer and die for what He considers, "His mistake?"

He died for us to save us and make Heaven available to us!

Would He want to be ETERNALLY with something He considers a "mistake?"

Lol - Don't we want to prefer to forget our mistakes?
Who wants to look at his mistake for all ..........................eternity?

Last edited:
What do your ramblings in your post# 194 have to do with the thread topic? :devilish:

Why don't you scroll back and see what I was responding to.
One of them is a post from you!

Surely, like the privilege given to every member - being a member too, I can comment on anything that's posted here!

Surely, like the privilege given to every member
You know what 'isn't' a privilege here at DP for 'any' member? Calling another member's spouse a "beast", who isn't a member here, and has done nothing to deserve such a disgusting, Non- Christian-like personal attack on her person and her character.

Last edited:
What's so great about free choice if it inevitably leads to suffering?

You make your own choice. It doesn't inevitably leads to suffering.
It doesn't have to.
It leads to suffering only when you make the wrong choice.

Something to relate with - just look how living under a democratic rule (where-in you have the freedom to choose), is comparable to living under a Communist regime.

If God REALLY created man in his own image, then man would be without SIN. Since that is not the case, the text is false unless God is also with Sin. But that goes against the bible texts. But then again the bible texts were written by man.....so you see this whole circle of problems exists.
:rolleyes:

There is no problem - let alone, a so-called, "circle of problems."
We encounter these so-called "problems" only when we do not understand what is being said.

The text is right: Man was created without sin!

Sin entered the world only when Adam and Eve had disobeyed God. When was that? When they ate the forbidden fruit.
Therefore, before that event................................. Adam/Eve were without sin - SINLESS, since the day they were CREATED!

Last edited:
.....................................or, raising the "BABY" CARD! Same as raising the "female" card!
To elicit more hypocritical progressive emotion........................................ like as if, life aren't all equally sacred.

To some of them, life of an elderly isn't worth anything - since some progressive posters think it's just okay to swarm an elderly man by more than 40 youths!
Imagine yourself at whatever age - being swarmed by more than 40 youths!
The sympathy automatically went to the youth - when they were cursed and mauled by a bears!
Oh yeah, they raised the YOUTH card! No thought at all about the old man getting swarmed! :ROFLMAO:

Baby cards and female cards, and youth cards, are raised by those who ironically spew out against so-called, "bigotry in the Bible!"
Go figure.

More straw man garbage. No one said it was ok for 40 youths to swarm an old man. They questioned the justice of god having a bear maul them in retaliation.

It doesn't have to.

Something to relate with - just look how living under a democratic rule (where-in you have the freedom to choose), is comparable to living under a Communist regime.

My life is not only affected by my choices.

It doesn't have to.

That is not accurate, not even to bible believers. Innocent people suffer all the time from things that they made no choice about. No all suffering stems from our choice. The war in the Ukraine is a prime example today. When someone else makes a choice and an innocent person suffers, it is not the fault of the innocent person. So you can't put all suffering down to the individual's choice at all.

My life is not only affected by my choices.

I know.

That's why I'm saying people tend to confuse what free will is all about.
How is it free will if a person standing on the pedestrian sidewalk gets struck by a car? And, he ends up paralyzed?
Or, someone getting hit by lightning?

Free will, is for choosing between right and wrong..................... life, or death (in the biblical sense).
Will you accept Christ, or not?

Last edited:
I know.

That's why I'm saying people tend to confuse what free will is all about.
How is it free will if a person standing on the pedestrian sidewalk gets struck by a car? And, he ends up paralyzed?
Or, someone getting hit by lightning?

Free will, is for choosing between right and wrong..................... life, or death (in the biblical sense).
Will you accept Christ, or not?

Choosing to drive recklessly is a choice between right and wrong, that could deprive another person of the ability to accept Christ or not.

For my part, I cannot "accept Christ" because I don't have the free will to do so. That would require me to have a different mind than the one I have.

Choosing to drive recklessly is a choice between right and wrong,

I'm talking about the pedestrian who's on the sidewalk. He didn't make any choice between right and wrong. Actually - he's where he should be as a pedestrian.
Furthermore, the driver did not necessarily have to be reckless to have had an accident! What if he had a heart attack, or his tire blew up and had lost control?

For my part, I cannot "accept Christ" because I don't have the free will to do so. That would require me to have a different mind than the one I have.

I wasn't asking you.
I'm saying, that is what free will is ULTIMATELY all about.

Anyway - that "you cannot accept Christ," is a choice you've made - stated with your free will - WITH THE MIND THAT YOU HAVE - unless, someone holds a gun to your head as you're writing that.

Your convoluted statement gives the impression that you're not sure what free will is.
Free will, is a voluntary act.

Last edited:
I'm talking about the pedestrian who's on the sidewalk. He didn't make any choice between right and wrong. Actually - he's where he should be as a pedestrian.
Furthermore, the driver did not necessarily have to be reckless to have had an accident! What if he had a heart attack, or his tire blew up and had lost control?

And yet the pedestrian on the sidewalk, who did everything right, can still be squashed as a result of the bad choices of a reckless driver. According to you, God did that.

Iwasn't asking you.

Anyway - that "you cannot accept Christ," is a choice you've made - stated with your free will - WITH THE MIND THAT YOU HAVE - unless, someone holds a gun to your head as you're writing that.

Your convoluted statement gives the impression that you're not sure what free will is.

No, it's not a choice I made. It's a product of the mind I have, a mind that (according to you) God made, knowing that would be the product of it).

I cannot choose to "accept Christ" any more than you can choose to believe that all geese are purple.

I wasn't asking you.

No, that is not a choice anyone makes. They may choose to some degree what religion they believe in or want to belong to. But none of that is about accepting Christ, or Jehovah, or Allah. You phrase it as if everyone has to make that specific a choice, and they do not.

And yet the pedestrian on the sidewalk, who did everything right, can still be squashed as a result of the bad choices of a reckless driver. According to you, God did that.

@devildavid

That's right.
That's why the pedestrian did not have the chance to exercise his free will. He just got squashed.....by standing where he's supposed to.
Though we can exercise free will (depending on where you live on this planet - many don't have the kind of free will we enjoy).................................. free will is not all about living life on earth.
Free will (biblical), is the choice over good or evil, life in Christ, or death.

I think we're on the same page with the pedestrian.
What are we arguing about here?

Last edited:
@devildavid

That's right.
That's why the pedestrian did not have the chance to exercise his free will. He just got squashed.....by standing where he's supposed to.
Though we can exercise free will (depending on where you live on this planet - many don't have the kind of free will we enjoy).................................. free will is not all about living life on earth.
Free will (biblical), is the choice over good or evil, life in Christ, or death.

I think we're on the same page with the pedestrian.
What are we arguing about here?

If free will is a Christan concept, what about the free will of those who believe in other religions or those who don't believe? You are forcing your Christian view of free will on everyone as if it is universal. It is not.

Back
Top Bottom