• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

God Bless those in Colorado

This is great news with national ramifications.

Colorado Voters To Decide 2 Lawmakers' Fates In Recall Elections : NPR

One has conceded defeat the other is losing 60-40 with half the vote counted. Two politicians that ignored the rights of honest and good people get kicked out of office! Congrats Colorado bloomyburge couldn't buy your votes!

I'm happy with the result, but I don't like recall elections in general, and don't think they should be used unless there is gross incompetence or some sort of incapacitation.

I do think Democrats will probably win at least Giron's seat back next year and probably Morse's if he runs again.

This is great news with national ramifications.

Unfortunately, I don't know about national ramifications. It was a low turnout election in some libertarian conservative areas, its what you'd expect to happen. We'll see what happens in similar situations next year and then we can talk about national implications.

I'm happy with the result, but I don't like recall elections in general, and don't think they should be used unless there is gross incompetence or some sort of incapacitation.

I do think Democrats will probably win at least Giron's seat back next year and probably Morse's if he runs again.
I love the idea of recall elections if they are tough to engage. We shouldn't have a system where any time a group is unhappy with their elected reps, but when voters tell politicians "don't cross this line" and they do, there should be a way for said voters to remove them. Remember, politicians lie, or otherwise do things they did not tell the voters they would do, when they go against their electorate they should expect blowback. I only wish we had a system for states to recall federal Congressional elected officials as well.

I love the idea of recall elections if they are tough to engage. We shouldn't have a system where any time a group is unhappy with their elected reps, but when voters tell politicians "don't cross this line" and they do, there should be a way for said voters to remove them. Remember, politicians lie, or otherwise do things they did not tell the voters they would do, when they go against their electorate they should expect blowback. I only wish we had a system for states to recall federal Congressional elected officials as well.

I could accept them with more stringent requirements. I'm a little concerned with the frequency they've been occurring lately though with Colorado and Wisconsin.

If you had a bad employee would you wait 2-6 years before firing that employee? Almost everybody would say no.So why should we wait 2-6 years before firing a bad tax payer funded employee?

If you had a bad employee would you wait 2-6 years before firing that employee? Almost everybody would say no.So why should we wait 2-6 years before firing a bad tax payer funded employee?

Because of the cost of the elections and the fact that politicians work better when they aren't spending their entire terms worried about staying in office. For some cases I think they're ok but they shouldn't be frequent occurrences. If a politician wins by 1% and the national climate changes by a percent or two the other way we shouldn't have a recall election just because of that. It just causes turmoil.

Because of the cost of the elections

I would think preventing that politician from further doing any more damage would far outweigh any election costs.

and the fact that politicians work better when they aren't spending their entire terms worried about staying in office.

Their job is to do what their constituents who elected them want. They should spend their whole term worrying that they could be immediately fired if they **** up. Because if they don't have this fear then they will do what ever they want. 2-4 years is a long time and plenty of time for an elected to do all sorts of damage and for lazy voters to forget all about the bad **** that elected official did. Eventually another mass shooting that involves white victims will happen and the anti-2nd amendment trash will exploit that tragedy to further **** on the 2nd amendment.Do you really think voters should have to wait 2-6 years to throw these anti-2nd amendment scum out of office?

I would think preventing that politician from further doing any more damage would far outweigh any election costs.

Their job is to do what their constituents who elected them want. They should spend their whole term worrying that they could be immediately fired if they **** up. Because if they don't have this fear then they will do what ever they want. 2-4 years is a long time and plenty of time for an elected to do all sorts of damage and for lazy voters to forget all about the bad **** that elected official did. Eventually another mass shooting that involves white victims will happen and the anti-2nd amendment trash will exploit that tragedy to further **** on the 2nd amendment.Do you really think voters should have to wait 2-6 years to throw these anti-2nd amendment scum out of office?

I want these people out of office, but I don't want recall elections to be happening all the time. Allowing people to throw these anti-2nd politicians out now so easily is a short term positive, but a long term negative if it creates constant recall elections all across the country. That isn't a good thing.

Ballot Issue State Senate 3 - Recall Giron

100% reporting
Yes
56.0%
(19,355)
No
43.9%
(15,201)
Updated 0 minutes ago

Ballot Issue State Senate 11 - Recall Morse

100% reporting
Yes
50.9%
(9,094)
No
49.0%
(8,751)

Both liberal anti gun democrats recalled. Bloomberg and friends spent $3,000,000 for 24,000 votes and LOST

I want these people out of office, but I don't want recall elections to be happening all the time. Allowing people to throw these anti-2nd politicians out now so easily is a short term positive, but a long term negative if it creates constant recall elections all across the country. That isn't a good thing.

I wouldn't call it a short term positive.Another Sandy Hook or Aurora shooting eventually happen.Because of these successful recall elections the anti-2nd amendment trash in office will be less likely to **** on the 2nd amendment the next time a Sandy Hook or Aurora shooting happens. So these recall elections are a long term positive. This is a good thing.

I wouldn't call it a short term positive.Another Sandy Hook or Aurora shooting eventually happen.Because of these successful recall elections the anti-2nd amendment trash in office will be less likely to **** on the 2nd amendment the next time a Sandy Hook or Aurora shooting happens. So these recall elections are a long term positive. This is a good thing.

I think voting them out by wide margins would've done the same thing. Doing it this way, with low turnout elections in Conservative districts don't really have the same national pull that voting them out spectacularly next year would anyway.

Tell huntsman to do us a favor, switch over to the Democrats where he belongs....sorry OT

Me too. But I'd prefer voting them out en masse in 2014 more than either of those two.

I think voting them out by wide margins would've done the same thing. Doing it this way, with low turnout elections in Conservative districts don't really have the same national pull that voting them out spectacularly next year would anyway.

By the time their terms would have ended the voter outrage would have went away thus resulting in these anti-2nd amendment scum keeping their jobs and or another Sandy Hook or Aurora shooting would have happened thus resulting in the 2nd amendment being further eroded.

By the time their terms would have ended the voter outrage would have went away thus resulting in these anti-2nd amendment scum keeping their jobs and or another Sandy Hook or Aurora shooting would have happened thus resulting in the 2nd amendment being further eroded.

If that's true we have a deeper problem than this with voters having too small attention spans. It would be better to work to change that, than to ease recall elections.

Tell huntsman to do us a favor, switch over to the Democrats where he belongs....sorry OT

I know, pro-life, pro-gun politicians with A ratings on tax policy from the Cato institute and massive amounts of foreign policy experience would fit right in with the Democrats.

If that's true we have a deeper problem than this with voters having too small attention spans. It would be better to work to change that, than to ease recall elections.

You know it is true...

Recalls are supremely important nowadays and really should be pursued more often. For too long now our politicians have gone rogue and done what they wanted rather than listen to what their constituents want. I hope these two get put out on their ass like they belong.

You know it is true...

Recalls are supremely important nowadays and really should be pursued more often. For too long now our politicians have gone rogue and done what they wanted rather than listen to what their constituents want. I hope these two get put out on their ass like they belong.

No that would just cause chaos. Every year having so many recalls because of shifting national climates. It's better the politician just does what he or she thinks is best, and if they do not then have voters kick them out and put in someone who does.

Besides, low turnout recall elections would be pointless because in many cases, such as these, the seats will often switch back in the larger turnout regular election years anyway.

No that would just cause chaos. Every year having so many recalls because of shifting national climates. It's better the politician just does what he or she thinks is best, and if they do not then have voters kick them out and put in someone who does.

And by then the Constitution gets more and more covered in **** and that politician continues to do more damage.

Besides, low turnout recall elections would be pointless because in many cases, such as these, the seats will often switch back in the larger turnout regular election years anyway

Do you have any stats on that?

Besides, low turnout recall elections would be pointless because in many cases, such as these, the seats will often switch back in the larger turnout regular election years anyway.

and how much damage can he do in the mean time? I don't say make it a show of hands and out he or she goes, but recall is a deterrent. It would only cause chaos for the first 1 or 2 times, than politicians would start thinking twice. It's a helluva lot easier bringing people to a special election than miraculously lengthening their attention spans...

Do you have any stats on that?

Because recall elections are currently rare, I don't have any stats specifically for that. But the turnout for this election was dismal, and there are stats that show that turnout levels dramatically alter the outcomes of the election. I think the Democrats will likely take back Giron's seat and that if Morse runs they would take back the 11th as well. If he doesn't run, its a fairly Republican district.

Back
Top Bottom