• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

God Bless the Yankees.

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Alright, so I know the Yankees are in one of the most unique positions in baseball, either you love them or you hate them, but this week they have pledged a million dollars to Katrina relief, this comes after a pre-season pledge of one million dollars to aid the victims of the tsunami earlier in the year, this kind of generosity cannot be overlooked and the Yankees deserve praise for this since it in my opinion goes above and beyond the call. Helping people they don't even know is a very generous gesture and as a proud Louisianian I feel compelled to say thanks.

LaMidRighter said:
Alright, so I know the Yankees are in one of the most unique positions in baseball, either you love them or you hate them, but this week they have pledged a million dollars to Katrina relief, this comes after a pre-season pledge of one million dollars to aid the victims of the tsunami earlier in the year, this kind of generosity cannot be overlooked and the Yankees deserve praise for this since it in my opinion goes above and beyond the call. Helping people they don't even know is a very generous gesture and as a proud Louisianian I feel compelled to say thanks.
George has to be one of the most philanthropic Americans alive today. Often he makes donations that we, the general public never know about.

What's sad is that the entire NFL gave $1 million yet the Yankees gave $1 million. I think the NFL could do better, especially since they have a franchise that has thrived in New Orleans.

26 X World Champs said:
George has to be one of the most philanthropic Americans alive today. Often he makes donations that we, the general public never know about.
I think a huge problem is that the press has him pegged as a greedy owner, I choose to think he is just a savvy businessman who wants the most for his investment, and when he gets grumpy it seems like it is simply that his "baby" the Yankees if you will, aren't living up to his quality standards, however, the product is so good that it can bounce up from anything.
What's sad is that the entire NFL gave $1 million yet the Yankees gave $1 million. I think the NFL could do better, especially since they have a franchise that has thrived in New Orleans.
I agree.

The Yanks wont win the World Series this year, but its a damn nice thing to see them take the....... World Serious.

Someone shoot me for that awful pun, and meanwhile, kudos to the Yankees. Nice job!!

danarhea said:
The Yanks wont win the World Series this year, but its a damn nice thing to see them take the....... World Serious.

Someone shoot me for that awful pun, and meanwhile, kudos to the Yankees. Nice job!!
Nah, there won't be any shooting over the pun, it was actually quite funny, in a corny sort of way. I don't think we'll get the series this year, but the playoff's could go anyway if they make it there, we'll see. And I agree that the Yankees did something special.

Bambino's gone and you are screwed. Get used to it because for the next 20 years, you are our female dog that we can use as a rag toy.

All I have to say is

God bless every team that has to play the Yankees.
And God bless the Cardnals

satanloveslibs said:
All I have to say is

God bless every team that has to play the Yankees.
And God bless the Cardnals

yea, God bless even the Cardinals, especially last weekend, when the Astros kicked their butts. Houston is going to surprise everyone this year. I will be one of the first in line to pick up my World Series tickets. :)

ShamMol said:
Bambino's gone and you are screwed. Get used to it because for the next 20 years, you are our female dog that we can use as a rag toy.
Just remember, Boston started out last century pretty well too, it was the entire rest of the century that made them a laughing stock among baseball fans, in fact, they're already starting the curse rolling again with the release of Pedro and will probably finish it off with the pending release of Manny Ramirez next season. It'll be a long 86 years for you guys.
p.s.- I've seen more Yankees in my 26 years on this planet than any Boston fan has seen from the Bosox. just my 2 cents.

danarhea said:
yea, God bless even the Cardinals, especially last weekend, when the Astros kicked their butts. Houston is going to surprise everyone this year. I will be one of the first in line to pick up my World Series tickets. :)
I like Houston and am more of an NL fan to tell you the truth, but the Yanks are still my favorite team.
Are you from the Houston or Texas area? And if so, you guys have been phenomenal in helping our state in Katrina relief efforts.

LaMidRighter said:
I like Houston and am more of an NL fan to tell you the truth, but the Yanks are still my favorite team.
Are you from the Houston or Texas area? And if so, you guys have been phenomenal in helping our state in Katrina relief efforts.

Thanx. Some of us are doing a little. Some of us are doing a lot. But just about everybody is doing something. I love this town. :)

As for the Yanks, they are my brother in New York's favorite team. He is as rabid about them as I am about the Astros.

BTW, How about that trip to Philadelphia the Astros took? They brought their brooms with them. :)

Back
Top Bottom