• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

God and Westworld

RobertU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
We may find the Creator the same way the robots in Westworld found their Creator.

After watching the first two seasons of Westworld on DVDs from the library, I began to think we are just “robots” created for the amusement of guests who may be walking among us. Humanity cannot learn from history because we are programmed not to: we are trapped in a loop of repeated story lines.

When our leaders see evidence of a coming catastrophe, be it Nine Eleven of climate change, they are programmed to say, "Doesn't look like anything to me."

Perhaps a rogue programmer (Satan?) is leaving us clues to our predicament that will eventually prompt us to rebel against God and the guests and kill them.

I love Westworld. I've loved the concept from the time I first saw the movie shot back in the 70's.

Only now it's got topless hotties.

After watching the first two seasons of Westworld on DVDs from the library, I began to think we are just “robots” created for the amusement of guests who may be walking among us. Humanity cannot learn from history because we are programmed not to: we are trapped in a loop of repeated story lines.

And like the Truman show? Or The Matrix?
If we are talking escaping prisoner stories, then there is one I prefer over all others, namely "Journey to the West".

An evil monkey demon is imprisoned by Buddha in a cave blocked by a lotus flower until he reaches enlightenment and sheds his demonic nature.
Instead he get out by tricking a monk into picking the lotus flower, and is exuberant in his newfound freedom and at having tricked Buddha.
Whereupon the monkt informs him that nothing has changed. He is still a prisoner, just in a bigger cell.

We may find the Creator the same way the robots in Westworld found their Creator.

When our leaders see evidence of a coming catastrophe, be it Nine Eleven of climate change, they are programmed to say, "Doesn't look like anything to me."

Perhaps a rogue programmer (Satan?) is leaving us clues to our predicament that will eventually prompt us to rebel against God and the guests and kill them.
Who didn't see the catastrophe Biden when he said he would reverse everything Trump did. Now, we see the destruction from reversing the energy independence of Trump along with allowing Putin to sell his oil to Germany and Europe raking in billion of dollars a day for an entire year. Enough to fund war crimes against Ukraine and others that might get in his way. He even now has threatened nuclear war and how will that work with climate change fruitcakes?

An interesting idea!

Back
Top Bottom