• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Goat NBA

Dirk is better than Larry Bird.
:ROFLMAO: 🤭 :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO:🏀:ROFLMAO:🏀:ROFLMAO:

💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

😷 That is one of the most ridiculous things that I have ever heard... LOL

Your understanding of basketball has much room to grow.

Projection again.
That doesn't even make sense within the context of the conversation
Maybe when you stop being intentionally dense. Or is it the real thing?
Dude, whatever... just make an a list of who you rank and why and stop with all the petty stupid shit.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: 🤭 :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO:🏀:ROFLMAO:🏀:ROFLMAO:

💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

😷 That is one of the most ridiculous things that I have ever heard... LOL

Your understanding of basketball has much room to grow.
My understanding is far better than yours. There's alot of heads who would agree with that statement.

Can't remember a Larry Bird team that won a chip with only decent players or without an all star on his team, the 2011 Dallas Mavericks led by Nowtzki did.

My understanding is far better than yours. There's alot of heads who would agree with that statement.

Can't remember a Larry Bird team that won a chip with only decent players or without an all star on his team, the 2011 Dallas Mavericks led by Nowtzki did.

2004 Detroit Pistons

0 all-stars on that team.

Larry Bird had the entire league in his torture chamber for 3 straight years, and they still couldn't find a answer for him when he played hurt those last 4 seasons.

The legends of the game still comment about his extreme confidence, shooting, and trash talking.

Get back to us when the legends talk about Dirk the way they do Bird.

Larry Bird had the entire league in his torture chamber for 3 straight years, and they still couldn't find a answer for him when he played hurt those last 4 seasons.

The legends of the game still comment about his extreme confidence, shooting, and trash talking.

Get back to us when the legends talk about Dirk the way they do Bird.

He was definitely great however no where near Michael Jordan or LeBron James' level.

He was definitely great however no where near Michael Jordan or LeBron James' level.

As good as both, and Bird had his best years when players in the NBA were actually allowed to play defense.

Chicago couldn't win until the Celtics, Lakers, and Pistons grew too old.

Moses Malone would of slapped Queen Lebron's ass back to half court.....they didn't allow easy walk in's back then.

As good as both, and Bird had his best years when players in the NBA were actually allowed to play defense.

Chicago couldn't win until the Celtics, Lakers, and Pistons grew too old.

Moses Malone would of slapped Queen Lebron's ass back to half court.....they didn't allow easy walk in's back then.

Under that logic, then Johnny Unitas is the greatest QB ever because the rules today cater to high passing yards and max protection for QBs today.

My understanding is far better than yours.
Those that actually understand sports understand what I am saying and why... you don't though.
There's alot of heads who would agree with that statement
Appeal to Popularity...
I guess LeBron, Curry, Magic, Jordan, Dr J, M Malone, Thomas, are not some of the greatest black players, by your logic, then. LOL

You were saying something about your understanding being better? Because I shot your argument down in a second.

Over the weekend, I had the chance to watch a few old clips of the Lebron vs Detroit ECF series from 2007. That was some GOAT material right there. No doubt about it.

Case in point.

This performance was simply otherworldish.

GOAT: Michael

GOAT Runners-up: Wilt (he really was amazing), Kareem

In the GOAT conversation: Kobe, Magic, Russell

GOAT potential: James and Giannis

GOAT talent but lacking that something: Durant

GOAT talent but pissed it away: Kemp

Over the weekend, I had the chance to watch a few old clips of the Lebron vs Detroit ECF series from 2007. That was some GOAT material right there. No doubt about it.

Case in point.

This performance was simply otherworldish.

LeBron will never surpass Jordan as the GOAT. I have LeBron as my 2nd of all time... but Jordan was just in another level.

LeBron black stint will always be that Mavericks 2011 Finals where he was only averaging 17.1 ppg in that whole series. He wasnt even the 2nd best player that Finals.

That list is a disgrace.

Wilt Chamberlain average over 50 ppg in a season. 50!!!!

BA Leaders
Rank Player PPG Season
1. Wilt Chamberlain* 50.36 1961-62
2. Wilt Chamberlain* 44.83 1962-63
3. Wilt Chamberlain* 38.39 1960-61
4. Wilt Chamberlain* 37.60 1959-60
5. Michael Jordan* 37.09

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_per_g_season.html

I guess we know who the true goat is.

He's my GOAT easily. Wilt is #1 & by a mile. The distance between #2 & #10 is much closer
than the distance between #1 & #2. Those in contention for #2:

Micheal Jordan
Lew Alcindor
Oscar Robertson
Kobe Bryant
LeBron
Bill Russell

My favorite is Iverson but I don't think many would put him in the top ten,
but for me he was #1 to watch play!

He's my GOAT easily. Wilt is #1 & by a mile. The distance between #2 & #10 is much closer
than the distance between #1 & #2. Those in contention for #2:

Micheal Jordan
Lew Alcindor
Oscar Robertson
Kobe Bryant
LeBron
Bill Russell

My favorite is Iverson but I don't think many would put him in the top ten,
but for me he was #1 to watch play!
Alex was perhaps the best under 6 foot player ever.

LeBron will never surpass Jordan as the GOAT. I have LeBron as my 2nd of all time... but Jordan was just in another level.

LeBron black stint will always be that Mavericks 2011 Finals where he was only averaging 17.1 ppg in that whole series. He wasnt even the 2nd best player that Finals.
Two black marks as I see it (maybe three when including your call above). None of which Michael would have done.
3. No-show in the Dallas series during first year with the Heat
2. Giving up against Golden State in the 2018 finals after JR Smith screwed up in the final seconds of game 1
1. No-show in the 2010 Eastern Semi's against Boston, and then quitting the team.

BTW, where would Garnett have fallen on the GOAT list if he was on a good team instead of the expansion mess in Minnesota?

I believe KG was better than Duncan, Malone or any other Power forward to play the game.

Alex was perhaps the best under 6 foot player ever.

Iverson was uniqely gifted, if it wasn't for John Thompson at Georgetown we may never have
seen him play. It could have been a sad story.

In his Junior year of high school he was voted the best high school football player in Virginia
as (QB & defensive back).

Bethel High School closed its state Division 5 football championship season
with a large exclamation point Saturday afternoon at City Stadium.
The Bruins (12-2) humbled E.C. Glass on its home field 27-0 to earn their first state title since 1976.
The convincing success before 5,000 fans was highlighted by another big-play exhibition from Allen Iverson.
Iverson contributed the game's two biggest plays, a 60-yard punt return for a touchdown and a 14-0
lead in the first quarter, and an interception in his own end zone to kill the hosts' only serious
scoring threat on the first possession of the second half.

Some might call it confidence. Others might call him cocky.
Whatever the label, Allen Iverson backed up his words.

Shortly after Bethel won the Division 5 state football championship in 1992, Iverson made a bold prediction.
He had been the star quarterback and defensive back for the Bruins' football team. Now he was saying
Bethel would win the state championship in basketball, too.
Three months later, Iverson completed his double. Bethel won the Group AAA state championship
and Iverson turned in the greatest year ever by a Group AAA player by averaging 31.6 points a game.
The Associated Press named Iverson the Group AAA player of the year in both sports.

Here's part of the description when the Daily Press named Iverson its football player of the year:
"Iverson the quarterback passed for 1,423 yards with 14 touchdowns. Iverson the runner gained 781 yards with 15 touchdowns. Iverson the kick returner scored five touchdowns, four on punts. Iverson the defensive back intercepted eight passes."

And here's part of the description when the paper gave him the same honor for basketball:
"Maybe the nation's best high school point guard, the first team Parade All-American led the Bruins to their first state, Eastern Region and Peninsula District titles. ... He is at the top of the list when players having the complete package of skills are discussed. He has explosive quickness, great leaping ability and NBA 3-point shooting range."
And he was just a junior.

Iverson didn't play high school sports as a senior. After a brawl in a Hampton bowling alley and his conviction
on three counts of mob violence, he spent four months in jail before then-Gov. L. Douglas Wilder granted
him clemency. Most of the scholarship offers were cancelled but Thompson gave him a chance & luckily
America was able to witness his uniqueness!

Two black marks as I see it (maybe three when including your call above). None of which Michael would have done.
3. No-show in the Dallas series during first year with the Heat
2. Giving up against Golden State in the 2018 finals after JR Smith screwed up in the final seconds of game 1
1. No-show in the 2010 Eastern Semi's against Boston, and then quitting the team.

Jordan left his team in his prime due to "burn out."

Say what you want, but he quitted the league.

Jordan left his team in his prime due to "burn out."

Say what you want, but he quitted the league.
It helps his legacy to have taken those two breaks. Otherwise we may have seen a few too many years of Washington Wizards Mike.

Iverson was uniqely gifted, if it wasn't for John Thompson at Georgetown we may never have
seen him play. It could have been a sad story.

In his Junior year of high school he was voted the best high school football player in Virginia
as (QB & defensive back).

Bethel High School closed its state Division 5 football championship season
with a large exclamation point Saturday afternoon at City Stadium.
The Bruins (12-2) humbled E.C. Glass on its home field 27-0 to earn their first state title since 1976.
The convincing success before 5,000 fans was highlighted by another big-play exhibition from Allen Iverson.
Iverson contributed the game's two biggest plays, a 60-yard punt return for a touchdown and a 14-0
lead in the first quarter, and an interception in his own end zone to kill the hosts' only serious
scoring threat on the first possession of the second half.

Some might call it confidence. Others might call him cocky.
Whatever the label, Allen Iverson backed up his words.

Shortly after Bethel won the Division 5 state football championship in 1992, Iverson made a bold prediction.
He had been the star quarterback and defensive back for the Bruins' football team. Now he was saying
Bethel would win the state championship in basketball, too.
Three months later, Iverson completed his double. Bethel won the Group AAA state championship
and Iverson turned in the greatest year ever by a Group AAA player by averaging 31.6 points a game.
The Associated Press named Iverson the Group AAA player of the year in both sports.

Here's part of the description when the Daily Press named Iverson its football player of the year:
"Iverson the quarterback passed for 1,423 yards with 14 touchdowns. Iverson the runner gained 781 yards with 15 touchdowns. Iverson the kick returner scored five touchdowns, four on punts. Iverson the defensive back intercepted eight passes."

And here's part of the description when the paper gave him the same honor for basketball:
"Maybe the nation's best high school point guard, the first team Parade All-American led the Bruins to their first state, Eastern Region and Peninsula District titles. ... He is at the top of the list when players having the complete package of skills are discussed. He has explosive quickness, great leaping ability and NBA 3-point shooting range."
And he was just a junior.

Iverson didn't play high school sports as a senior. After a brawl in a Hampton bowling alley and his conviction
on three counts of mob violence, he spent four months in jail before then-Gov. L. Douglas Wilder granted
him clemency. Most of the scholarship offers were cancelled but Thompson gave him a chance & luckily
America was able to witness his uniqueness!
Iverson was a perfect example of what happens to black kids in the justice system. No way does a white HS kid end up in jail for being in a fight at a bowling alley--hell, that's just another Saturday night.

Iverson was a perfect example of what happens to black kids in the justice system. No way does a white HS kid end up in jail for being in a fight at a bowling alley--hell, that's just another Saturday night.

He later said if he wasn't jailed when he was 17 & not allowed to participate in football or basketball his
senior year, he more than likely would have ended up playing football at Notre Dame.

He smashed a chair over a lady's head and broke the arm of another guy.

He was no saint in this one.

He smashed a chair over a lady's head and broke the arm of another guy.

He was no saint in this one.

Allegedly....from what I read. And he was a juvenile. It was a black on white fight. So, of course, the black guy goes to jail.
On February 14, 1993, Iverson and several of his friends were involved in an altercation with several other patrons at a bowling alley in Hampton, Virginia.[16] Allegedly, Iverson's crowd was raucous and had to be asked to quiet down several times, and eventually, a shouting duel began with another group of youths. Shortly after that, a fight erupted, pitting the white crowd against the black crowd. During the fight, Iverson allegedly struck a woman in the head with a chair. He, and three of his friends, who were also black, were the only people arrested.

And, here's the kicker.
the Virginia Court of Appeals eventually overturned the conviction in 1995 for insufficient evidence.

Back
Top Bottom