• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Goat NBA

The 80's Lakers were one of the Greatest NBA Dynasties ever...

Except they never won three straight titles, which the 90’s Bulls did twice.

Besides, the 80’s were the coke years, and the West was a giant snowball. Other than Houston, I can’t recall a single team being worth a damn out West.

The Lakers had zero competition until they played Boston. They also got blown out by Philly during the Moses year and Detroit kicked their ass as bad boys.

Except they never won three straight titles, which the 90’s Bulls did twice.

Besides, the 80’s were the coke years, and the West was a giant snowball. Other than Houston, I can’t recall a single team being worth a damn out West.

The Lakers had zero competition until they played Boston. They also got blown out by Philly during the Moses year and Detroit kicked their ass as bad boys.
The Lakers made 9 Finals in 12 years and 5 in a row... something that the Bulls never even came close to...

That list is a disgrace.

Wilt Chamberlain average over 50 ppg in a season. 50!!!!

BA Leaders
Rank Player PPG Season
1. Wilt Chamberlain* 50.36 1961-62
2. Wilt Chamberlain* 44.83 1962-63
3. Wilt Chamberlain* 38.39 1960-61
4. Wilt Chamberlain* 37.60 1959-60
5. Michael Jordan* 37.09

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_per_g_season.html

I guess we know who the true goat is.

Thomas doesn't belong on any list of Greatest BB Players ever. I'd take Shaq off of his list too although he deserves to be there more than Thomas.

Wilt was a few generations ahead of everyone else in those years you listed. Definitely one of the goats if not THE GOAT

James jumped from stacked team to stacked team... that seriously undermines his level of greatness.

No way Durant is even in the conversation about Top 10, let alone Top 5. Hell, he might not even be Top 20 at the end of his career unless he seriously steps his shit up. He had nothing and had to go to an NBA Champion Team that carried his candy ass.

Jordan
Johnson
Bird
Shaq
Kobe
Still no PF. This is a team, not a top 5.

Much as i like Bird, James is better.

And Shaq utterly destroys Wilt.
Don't kid yourself. He fouls out in the 3rd quarter.

Wilt beats him by not play Shaq's game, which is not only strictly low post, but one sided. Wilt can play either low post or at the free throw line. He can also run Shaq to death.

A fair appraisal ... I just don't see the talent as the same. Today kids are recruited and know that the Pros is a business... back then it was a white game and drafted 100% from white college players from white colleges. There were a few black guys but they were not hug standouts any more than the white guys...
You should check out a show called Jayhawkers. I think Netflix or Prime is streaming it. It's about being black in Kansas about the time Brown vs Board of Education was decided next county over.

1. Russel
2. Wilt
3. Jordan
4. Magic & Larry
5. Kareem
6. Queen Lebron

I tend to shuffle my top picks from time to time because it's impossible to compare the 1960's league to the 1980's league and so on.
Lebron would be just another good player if he had to go up against the likes of Moses Malone, Bill Russel, Rodman, and Barkley back when the league was allowed to play defense. Malone would have slapped his ass back to half court.
Russell is not in the top three posts. He had the advantage of the Boston machine, which is the only reason he gets in the conversation. I call it the KC Jones syndrome. Jones is in the HoF, but never made an All Star team because of the three player limit.

Russell and Wilt played each other a full season worth of games. Wilt destroyed Russell head to head, but could not overcome the whole Celtics team. They are comparable defensively and as shot blockers, though no stats exist. Wilt is the better rebounder and passer. Offensively, no comparison.

The tricky comparison is Wilt vs Michael vs LeBron. It's hard to go across positions and eras.

Still no PF. This is a team, not a top 5.
That is your Goal Post Shift... this is my thread and I am correct in what I wrote.

?

The two greatest athletes of the 20th century:

Wilt Chamberlain
Not even close... off the top of my head Simone Biles is a better athlete. Kobe was. Carl Lewis.... I can go on and on and on and ...
Secretariat
That is a horse.

Wilt beats him by not play Shaq's game, which is not only strictly low post, but one sided. Wilt can play either low post or at the free throw line. He can also run Shaq to death.
Shaq sprinted, dribbling and dunking, from end to end... and foul out? Are you kidding? Unless Wilt uses Hack a Shaq his ass is on the floor and no fouls are called.

Maybe you're just uninformed?
I thought that you might be joking about Secretariat... my bad. Looks like you are seriously comparing a horse to a human being.

LOL

And we have enough trouble just comparing Eras... or males to females... :ROFLMAO: 🤭 :ROFLMAO:

The two greatest athletes of the 20th century:
Wilt Chamberlain
Secretariat
That's one way to put it.

Not even close... off the top of my head Simone Biles is a better athlete. Kobe was. Carl Lewis.... I can go on and on and on and ...That is a horse.
It's a way of saying Wilt is the greatest human athlete, since you didn't pick up on that.

Shaq sprinted, dribbling and dunking, from end to end... and foul out? Are you kidding? Unless Wilt uses Hack a Shaq his ass is on the floor and no fouls are called.
Totally not kidding. Shaq always had problems with quicker players and Wilt was much quicker. Think a four inch taller Hakeem.

Hack a Shaq? Check the records, Chamberlain never fouled out of a game, high school, college or pros.

I thought that you might be joking about Secretariat... my bad. Looks like you are seriously comparing a horse to a human being.
Not doing that. It's comparing levels of dominance.

And we have enough trouble just comparing Eras... or males to females...
I understand your confusion.

LOL

And we have enough trouble just comparing Eras... or males to females... :ROFLMAO: 🤭 :ROFLMAO:

No, I wasn't joking about Secretariat. Phenomenal athlete:

Wilt:

That's one way to put it.

It's a way of saying Wilt is the greatest human athlete, since you didn't pick up on that.

Totally not kidding. Shaq always had problems with quicker players and Wilt was much quicker. Think a four inch taller Hakeem.

Hack a Shaq? Check the records, Chamberlain never fouled out of a game, high school, college or pros.

Not doing that. It's comparing levels of dominance.

I understand your confusion.
When one speaks in a confusing manner it is understandable as to why others are confused... yes.

When you move on from the condescending tone we can discuss sports.

LeBron isn't even close. Barely Top Ten.

The East is so weak that any number of 90's teams would DESTROY LeBron.
The style of the 90's stinks. Those teams would have run out of gas before halftime trying to keep up with today's teams.

That's how great an athlete Wilt was. I'm comparing him to the greatest racehorse who ever lived.
Which is completely ridiculous... of course.

The style of the 90's stinks. Those teams would have run out of gas before halftime trying to keep up with today's teams.
I can not seriously debate this kind of nonsense... LOL

Jordan
Kareem
LeBron.

Larry Bird?? lol. Larry bird isnt even the best white player in the NBA let alone be in top 5.

Jordan
Kareem
LeBron.

Larry Bird?? lol. Larry bird isnt even the best white player in the NBA let alone be in top 5.
Only white guy with 3 MVP's and he won them back to back to back.

Who is better? Nash? Nowitzki? Barry? They are the only three that I can think of that would even be in the same conversation.

... and only a person that never really watched Bird would say something like that.

Only white guy with 3 MVP's and he won them back to back to back.

Who is better? Nash? Nowitzki? Barry? They are the only three that I can think of that would even be in the same conversation.

... and only a person that never really watched Bird would say something like that.
Dirk is better than Larry Bird.

When one speaks in a confusing manner it is understandable as to why others are confused... yes.
Projection again.

When you move on from the condescending tone we can discuss sports.
Maybe when you stop being intentionally dense. Or is it the real thing?

But Jay59 says that you were joking! LOL
Read for comprehension. I said something completely different.

Which is completely ridiculous... of course.
And you talk of others being condescending. :rolleyes:

Of course that is ridiculous.
Not, it is not ridiculous.

[/QUOTE].. it was meant to be.
That either

Looks like I win the battle of sarcasm too...
You had a war and no one else showed up. Smooth.

Since you are only interested in belittling others, it does not matter if you have anything to say. You condescension drowns it out.

Back
Top Bottom