• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Go StL!!!!

Hoot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Don't you wish you had a team like the Cardinals? LOL

One Detroit sportswriter picked the Tigers to win the World Series in 3!!??

What an arse...I guess last nights game shut him up a bit?

On another note...for those of you who watched the W.S. last night (and saw my Cardinals kick arse)...I thought it curious that they did not have the 'Star Spangled Banner' open the game, but 'America, the Beautiful?'

Sheesh...are Detroit fans a bunch of terrorists, or something? LOL

And the 7th inning stretch...what happened to 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame?' Instead they had this poor girl, supposedly an American Idol finalist, screeching 'God Bless America." Sheesh...she totally blew the ending of that song by attempting to hit a falsetto on "My home sweet, home." Let's just say she didn't make me want to rush out and buy her album.

The poor girl should've kept that ending down a pitch...she destroyed that song...ack!

Maybe this is what Detroit fans consider talent?

Hoot said:
Don't you wish you had a team like the Cardinals? LOL

One Detroit sportswriter picked the Tigers to win the World Series in 3!!??

What an arse...I guess last nights game shut him up a bit?

On another note...for those of you who watched the W.S. last night (and saw my Cardinals kick arse)...I thought it curious that they did not have the 'Star Spangled Banner' open the game, but 'America, the Beautiful?'

Sheesh...are Detroit fans a bunch of terrorists, or something? LOL

And the 7th inning stretch...what happened to 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame?' Instead they had this poor girl, supposedly an American Idol finalist, screeching 'God Bless America." Sheesh...she totally blew the ending of that song by attempting to hit a falsetto on "My home sweet, home." Let's just say she didn't make me want to rush out and buy her album.

The poor girl should've kept that ending down a pitch...she destroyed that song...ack!

Maybe this is what Detroit fans consider talent?

Yea...... Jeez, who the hell goosed THAT soprano? LOL.

However, the Tigers showed who they were in game 2.

Touche' :)

Note: I still pick Detroit in 6.

Tough to say, both teams seem capable, and hungry, the edge has to go to the stinking Cards, just because they have been there before. Still, I was disappointed to see the Cards suggest Rogers was cheating the other night, what a bunch of whiners, he then goes on to wipe the floor with them for seven more innings, lol:rofl

Back
Top Bottom