• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Go Left, Go Right, or Display of Cognitive Decline?

Was it a sign of cognitive decline; temporary confusion as to which side to exit on; or other?

• Total voters

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
People are pointing to a recent video of President Biden after a recent speech.

Here is the video clip:

Some are seeing this incident as another sign of cognitive decline, asserting he is seeking someone to shake hands with.

Now I am no fan of President Biden, but IMHO while there may have been an issue of confusion, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt in this case and suggest it was simply a matter of "which side of the platform do I exit from?"

So that is the question. Was it another sign of cognitive decline? Was it simply temporary confusion as to which side to exit from? Was it something else?

What do you think?

An aged person with a medical history of multiple strokes, if I'm not mistaken surgery to repair the damage from the strokes.

It really kinda tilts the more to permanent Cognitive Decline than anything else.

Biden often looks confused, but I am not qualified to assess the reasons for it. He did act as if he was expecting to greet someone after finishing his speech, but I have no idea who.

Here is the video clip:

Some are seeing this incident as another sign of cognitive decline, asserting he is seeking someone to shake hands with.

Now I am no fan of President Biden, but IMHO while there may have been an issue of confusion, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt in this case and suggest it was simply a matter of "which side of the platform do I exit from?"

So that is the question. Was it another sign of cognitive decline? Was it simply temporary confusion as to which side to exit from? Was it something else?

What do you think?

I don't think he was looking for someone to shake hands with, but he was certainly confused about what he was going to do next. This just points to the fact that this guy doesn't have the capacity to make decisions. He is always looking to someone to TELL him what to do next. As far as I'm concerned, I miss having a President who makes his own decisions. I'm really tired of seeing this puppet get up in front of the world and make a fool of himself.

Here is the video clip:

What do you think?

The older I get the less I fault people for forgetting where they are. The primary goal is to ensure that I'm wearing pants before I leave the house.

Joe, however, ain't firing on all 8. On his good days me may be firing on 6 of 8.

This kind of piddly shit makes me not take more serious issues to heart.

Here is the video clip:

What do you think?

I've heard that they (POTUS) are prep as to which way to exit for security reasons. He must have forgot or wasn't paying attention to his handlers when they instructed him. Very sad.

This kind of piddly shit makes me not take more serious issues to heart.

Perhaps, but such things do create controversy, doubts, and are used to raise issues.

For example, people have been noticing a number of "cognitive fails," some being discussed over time in Forum threads.

I don't support Mr. Biden, and I am not happy with his Administration's policy decisions/directions. I also suspect issues with his mental acuity.

I just don't think THIS is an example.

I had to go with "Other" because 2 is a sign of 1, but can stand on its own. Confusion is not uncommon. The problem is when there are incidents of many moments of confusion. Biden has a lot of these kind of moments.

I had to go with "Other" because 2 is a sign of 1, but can stand on its own. Confusion is not uncommon. The problem is when there are incidents of many moments of confusion. Biden has a lot of these kind of moments.
Biden is confused that he's 'leading' this government, when it really is the extremist radicals he's brought into his administration, and they are 'leading' by shoving whatever it is they want their puppet to speak from the teleprompter. Essentially nothing more than a Manchurian candidate, Biden, beholden to the hard core leftist extremists he placed in his own administration.

Biden is confused that he's 'leading' this government, when it really is the extremist radicals he's brought into his administration, and they are 'leading' by shoving whatever it is they want their puppet to speak from the teleprompter. Essentially nothing more than a Manchurian candidate, Biden, beholden to the hard core leftist extremists he placed in his own administration.
Good way of describing it. I'll have to watch that movie again.

I don't think he was looking for someone to shake hands with, but he was certainly confused about what he was going to do next. This just points to the fact that this guy doesn't have the capacity to make decisions. He is always looking to someone to TELL him what to do next. As far as I'm concerned, I miss having a President who makes his own decisions. I'm really tired of seeing this puppet get up in front of the world and make a fool of himself.

Yes, his confusion was obvious.... Just another dazed and confused moment that makes us doubt this president's leadership.

Yet it is the left which continues to peddle that same 'piddly shit'. 🤷‍♂️

I'm detecting a selective reception of reality.
Maybe it's why they can relate to Joe. He's on their level -- of confusion.

Yet it is the left which continues to peddle that same 'piddly shit'. 🤷‍♂️

I'm detecting a selective reception of reality.
Get your detector fine tuned, I'm quite moderate.

Back
Top Bottom