• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Go Left, Go Right, or Display of Cognitive Decline?

Was it a sign of cognitive decline; temporary confusion as to which side to exit on; or other?

• Total voters
People are pointing to a recent video of President Biden after a recent speech.

Here is the video clip:

Some are seeing this incident as another sign of cognitive decline, asserting he is seeking someone to shake hands with.

Now I am no fan of President Biden, but IMHO while there may have been an issue of confusion, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt in this case and suggest it was simply a matter of "which side of the platform do I exit from?"

So that is the question. Was it another sign of cognitive decline? Was it simply temporary confusion as to which side to exit from? Was it something else?

What do you think?

So long as he listens to the experts on his staff we'll be better off than under Trump, even if he's as bad off mentally as some say.

So long as he listens to the experts on his staff we'll be better off than under Trump, even if he's as bad off mentally as some say.
You've never heard of "Birds of a feather . . . ." What makes you think his staff isn't as confused as him?

He doesn't look well.
This is off topic but why does it upset so many to think of Ms Harris as a fill in President. She isn't the smartest cookie in the box but she doesn't seem bent on evil or ideology.

I go back to her ratings during the primaries as the true indicator of her talent. Her approval ratings are even lower than Biden's.
I don't think she is evil. I simply think she's bluffing her way through it, and is presently, grossly under-qualified for the office of the president.

What were your thoughts when 45 bragged about the Continental Army shutting down the airports during the American Revolution?
He didn't forget anything, ya gotta know something to forget it.

So that is the question. Was it another sign of cognitive decline? Was it simply temporary confusion as to which side to exit from? Was it something else?

What do you think?
I think you better face reality on 'cognition'. :ROFLMAO: Hows about this?? :LOL:

I go back to her ratings during the primaries as the true indicator of her talent. Her approval ratings are even lower than Biden's.
I don't think she is evil. I simply think she's bluffing her way through it, and is presently, grossly under-qualified for the office of the president.
Bluffing through and under qualified describes more than one president.

Meh

Question ---- when Reagan was displaying signs of cognitive decline, did the Republicans all poo-poo the Democrats talking about it?

Here is the video clip:

Some are seeing this incident as another sign of cognitive decline, asserting he is seeking someone to shake hands with.

Now I am no fan of President Biden, but IMHO while there may have been an issue of confusion, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt in this case and suggest it was simply a matter of "which side of the platform do I exit from?"

What do you think?

I wish people would lean to post a poll that made sense.

Good grief.

I wish people would post things that make sense.
Good grief. How do you lean a poll>
Ask a clear question with options that apply. Its rather easy for a reasoned logical mind.

Question ---- when Reagan was displaying signs of cognitive decline, did the Republicans all poo-poo the Democrats talking about it?
Hey, it got him out from under Iran-Contra.

Essentially nothing more than a Manchurian candidate, Biden, beholden to the hard core leftist extremists he placed in his own administration.
Actually, President (let's show as much respect as possible to the dear old man) Biden did not place those people.

They were placed there for him. He certainly did not know that transgender admiral, for example.

He reminds me of President Reagan who did not know the name of one of "his" Cabinet members, who had been chosen by the inner circle in order to give a semblance of diversity back in the 1980s.

During the next two years, we must not be astonished if these senior moments increase to such an extent that Dems themselves start talking openly about the matter, as they are now about the lady Senator from California.

He didn't forget anything, ya gotta know something to forget it.
Fair enough, but doesn't call into question what he's 'known'? (which doesn't seem to be very much?)
Just look at the list of failures and radical positions already to have taken place during his administration.
I also call into consideration Gate's and Obama's direct quotes in my signature.

Fair enough, but doesn't call into question what he's 'known'? (which doesn't seem to be very much?)
Just look at the list of failures and radical positions already to have taken place during his administration.
I also call into consideration Gate's and Obama's direct quotes in my signature.
You talking about trump again?

Actually, President (let's show as much respect as possible to the dear old man) Biden did not place those people.

They were placed there for him. He certainly did not know that transgender admiral, for example.
A fair observation, but hat doesn't fill me with either optimism or confidence, but fills me with unnamed and unknown members of this administration pull Ol' Joe's strings via teleprompter.

He reminds me of President Reagan who did not know the name of one of "his" Cabinet members, who had been chosen by the inner circle in order to give a semblance of diversity back in the 1980s.

During the next two years, we must not be astonished if these senior moments increase to such an extent that Dems themselves start talking openly about the matter, as they are now about the lady Senator from California.
In addition 'we must not be astonished' at a continued string of ever increasing number of failures, both foreign and domestic, as has been already established in this administration.

Unless said politician's name is Trump... ;)

I enjoyed reading your post, btw. Must be lots of fun for you to learn the inside information on the major players in a studio setting. IOW, the slow crowd. ;)
What's fun is to hear the absolute professional stuff that the pros have pulled off..like Marlon Brando in the Godfather. It's rather well known but for the
one's who haven't heard it> In the scene in the Godfather when Brando was sitting down petting the cat, the cat was not in the script. The cat snuck into the studio, jumped
up on Brando's lap and Brando stayed perfectly in character while petting the kitty. I've watched the scene many times and there's NO pausing or surprise on Brando's face.
Very cool. One more> In "Django Unchained"...toward the end..in the dinner party scene....when Leonardo DiCaprio slams his hand down on the table ..with the wine glass
...he cuts the CRAP out of his finger/hand but stays in character absolutely perfect while his own blood is dripping down his hand...no pause, look, surprise..Nothing.
Man O man..That's professional! :) On Edit..Yeah..He had to have several stiches.

Here is the video clip:

What do you think?

He was playing second fiddle to THE Anointed One. But it's still sad that he wanders around aimlessly. You'd think a least one person in the room would bite the bullet and go talk to him for a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom