• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Go Filk Yourself

specklebang

Discount Philosopher
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I think my cloud rental space is about to expire so here is your last chance to get these free goodies.

For those of you that don't know about Filk, it is Sci-Fi Folk Music. It's more about the story than it is about the music itself and Filkers have conventions or tie into various Sci-Fi conventions.

It was at one of these conventions (I've only been to a few) that I met Leslie Fish, a Sci-Fi author and a breeder of high-IQ polydactyl cats. With her kind permission, I offer these to you, my fellow DPers. I suggest you download it - you'll be glad you did.

Leslie tends toward Libertarianism and you won't find many kind words for the government. So, if you love big government, this might not be for you, particularly the 13 songs of:
FIRESTORM - SONGS OF WORLD WAR THREE - the complete album in order. Or, for those of you with a 1200 baud modem:roll: here they are one by one.
BETTER THAN WHO?
ROBBING THE POOR
WALK THROUGH THE NIGHT-SIDE
FREEDOM OF THE SNOW
THE PAPER SEA
BRING IT DOWN
THE DAY IT FELL APART
FIRESTORM
HELLO, REMEMBER US?
STILL ALIVE
DISCARDS
BOSS JONES
DIGWELL CAROL

....and if you want to try some more traditional "Space Opera" Filk, these are 4 of my very favorites:
CARMEN MIRANDA'S GHOST IS HAUNTING SPACE STATION NINE
DAWSON'S CHRISTIAN
SOME KIND OF HERO
SAM JONES

Thanks to all of you that took advantage of my offer. I hope you get much pleasure from these.

Since I got such a good response, I'm going to offer the only other music I have that I can distribute. While this is not about war particularly, they are about life. They are also quite beautiful musically (IMHO).

Here is the complete collection. THE SONGS OF DORY PREVIN

I particularly suggest these 5 songs which are a complete story.

TAPS, TREMORS AND TIMESTEPS

THE EARTHQUAKE IN L.A.
FLIGHT OF THE HINDENBERG
ONE LAST DANCE FOR MY FATHER
THE CRASH OF THE HINDENBERG
AFTERSHOCK (GOD IS KIND)

For you single ladies, I really think this one tells your story:
THE LADY WITH THE BRAID
It makes me tear up every time I listen to it and I'm not even a girl:)

Thanks to all of you that took advantage of my offer. I hope you get much pleasure from these.

Since I got such a good response, I'm going to offer the only other music I have that I can distribute. While this is not about war particularly, they are about life. They are also quite beautiful musically (IMHO).

Here is the complete collection. THE SONGS OF DORY PREVIN

I particularly suggest these 5 songs which are a complete story.

TAPS, TREMORS AND TIMESTEPS

THE EARTHQUAKE IN L.A.
FLIGHT OF THE HINDENBERG
ONE LAST DANCE FOR MY FATHER
THE CRASH OF THE HINDENBERG
AFTERSHOCK (GOD IS KIND)

For you single ladies, I really think this one tells your story:
THE LADY WITH THE BRAID
It makes me tear up every time I listen to it and I'm not even a girl:)

Can one single female give me their take on LADY WITH THE BRAID please. Also, I see there were some downloads. I'll appreciate anyone who cares to comment on these albums.

Back
Top Bottom