• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Go desantis!!!

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

I think this could be the biggest mistake trump has made politically.

He will never losse his base, but those who tolerate trumps personality for the sake of his policies are being more and more pushed away by his childish destructive behavior like going after desantis.

And after the midterm stink on trump, he has become beatable in the primary.

A bloody primary might damage the gop, but we will loose with trump anyway. So let the bloodshot begin.

Yeah, Trump has never had to take on a powerful, well known Florida governor before.

I don't know if DeSantis is built for the kind of politics Trump and the base really love to engage in. He seems like a Rubio or a Cruz....the type who will fold like a cheap suit the moment they are challenged in person.

As crazy as traitor trump is, he'd destroy ole Ron in a debate. that's Ron's weakness (debates and face to face confrontations)

He will never losse his base, but those who tolerate trumps personality for the sake of his policies are being more and more pushed away by his childish destructive behavior like going after desantis.

A bloody primary might damage the gop, but we will loose with trump anyway. So let the bloodshot begin.
Yeah, well, the problem is that Trump never learns from mistakes. I don't think he's capable of such thoughts. Requires introspection.

As crazy as traitor trump is, he'd destroy ole Ron in a debate. that's Ron's weakness (debates and face to face confrontations)
I have never seen him in debates, I hope you are wrong though.

The thi g is, desantis has the advantage of learning Rubio and others what not to do.

He might play trump at his own game and get a bit ugly and catch trump off guard.

Others tried to take the high road and looked weak.

He will never losse his base
And that...is the reason that Trump...if he chooses to run...will be the Republican nominee in 2024.

Yeah, Trump has never had to take on a powerful, well known Florida governor before.
Have you forgotten 2016, when Trump not only took on Jeb Bush, a powerful Bush family member and well known Florida governor, but the entire cabal of GOP Elites...and kicked all of their candidates to the curb?

I don't know if DeSantis is built for the kind of politics Trump and the base really love to engage in. He seems like a Rubio or a Cruz....the type who will fold like a cheap suit the moment they are challenged in person.
It all goes back to the Republican rank and file.

It doesn't matter how aggressively the GOP Elites, their corporate Wall Street masters or the Trump hating media attack Trump, he won't lose his base.

All those people in Florida who went to those Trump rallies...they aren't going to vote for DeSantis if he's stupid enough to try to take on Trump.

Go desantis!!!​

Shouldn't THAT be with a capital D ?

I want DeSantis to run for President in 2024 and especially if Trump decides to run also.

I am not sure DeSantis will, but here is why I hope he does, especially against Trump.

The entertainment value is going to be BIGLY!!!

0c49bdda0131a9338163f6022c0a647f12602e8a8242d0914d66fb013d51149e.gif

I have never seen him in debates, I hope you are wrong though.

The thi g is, desantis has the advantage of learning Rubio and others what not to do.

He might play trump at his own game and get a bit ugly and catch trump off guard.

Others tried to take the high road and looked weak.

Jon. Chait suggests that DeSantis could blame Trump for failing to overturn the election. That would be quite a play.

So true.

11th commandment " do not trash other Republicans" (Reagan)
Trump is alienating his base -which would be problematic -unless Desantis runs.
DeSantis is the rising star

Before Tuesday, the question was whether anyone with any GOP/alt-right street cred had the balls to take on Trump and his fundraising machine. Trump was counting on the answer to that question being a firm "no." The irony of this is that if he had just not endorsed anyone and kept his ego out of the midterms - as he was no doubt advised - he wouldn't have been tied to the wins and losses. The party would have had no choice but to go in whatever direction he pulled them in if he had decided to run without losing his political capital.

But once he put his brand out there in the congressional and gubernatorial races, he was basically making a bet that he didn't have to make. And that bet not only didn't win anything, it almost unequivocally cost the Republicans control of congress. Since 2016, Trump has cost the Republicans control of the House (2018), control of the White House and Senate (2020), and he has cost them the ability to get it back in one of the worst environments for an incumbent party in decades. Trump is a loser. And now the party - even the hardcore MAGAs - have to acknowledge that.

Before the election, nobody would have had the nads to challenge Trump, but now that Trump has cost the GOP again, it's clear that the GOP wants challengers. Trump has lost clout within the party. He was hoping to make his impending prosecution a holy war against the Democrats, but Republicans are likely to cautiously pile on in hopes of driving down his support. And because of this, he is probably ****ed.

Announcement? Shit if I were Donny I'd be taking a private jet to Saudi Arabia or Russia right about now.

11th commandment " do not trash other Republicans" (Reagan)
Trump is alienating his base -which would be problematic -unless Desantis runs.
DeSantis is the rising star

Trump doesn't care. The party belongs to him. He'll try and destroy it before he'll let it go.

Before Tuesday, the question was whether anyone with any GOP/alt-right street cred had the balls to take on Trump and his fundraising machine. Trump was counting on the answer to that question being a firm "no." The irony of this is that if he had just not endorsed anyone and kept his ego out of the midterms - as he was no doubt advised - he wouldn't have been tied to the wins and losses. The party would have had no choice but to go in whatever direction he pulled them in if he had decided to run without losing his political capital.

But once he put his brand out there in the congressional and gubernatorial races, he was basically making a bet that he didn't have to make. And that bet not only didn't win anything, it almost unequivocally cost the Republicans control of congress. Since 2016, Trump has cost the Republicans control of the House (2018), control of the White House and Senate (2020), and he has cost them the ability to get it back in one of the worst environments for an incumbent party in decades. Trump is a loser. And now the party - even the hardcore MAGAs - have to acknowledge that.

Before the election, nobody would have had the nads to challenge Trump, but now that Trump has cost the GOP again, it's clear that the GOP wants challengers. Trump has lost clout within the party. He was hoping to make his impending prosecution a holy war against the Democrats, but Republicans are likely to cautiously pile on in hopes of driving down his support. And because of this, he is probably ****ed.

Announcement? Shit if I were Donny I'd be taking a private jet to Saudi Arabia or Russia right about now.

Trump's clout is based entirely on his control of the base. Unless they can wrest that from him, and who knows how much of it they can, they worship him, they're screwed.

DeSantis is now a GOP elite??

View attachment 67422651
If you don't know that, you haven't been paying attention and you don't know where his donor money is coming from.

Here's what his biggest corporate donor is about...

He wants to improve the diversity of the GOP and blunt the vein of populism that has complicated the party’s relationship with the corporate world

Pretty clear...get rid of Trump, get the Republican rank and file back in line and get the Republican Party back under control of the Globalists.

There is really no difference between DeSantis and Jeb Bush, except that Trump got DeSantis elected Governor of Florida. Trump made DeSantis, DeSantis has put his lot in with the GOP Elites...and Trump can easily kick DeSantis to the curb.

I know the democrats are hoping and praying Trump runs again. I can't blame them. He's the best thing that has happened to the donkeys since Obama.

The problem for Trump is DeSantis is the new savior, and Trump already gave the Christian Nationalists what they wanted, the Supreme Court. He will forever receive their thank yous, but it doesn't prevent them from adopting a new savior moving forward. Trump is moving into saint territory, but out of the savior territory. DeSantis can push its anti-trans, anti-gay agenda. Trump already gave them their best shot at the abortion bans, regardless of if it worked, he delivered their best shot.

When the Christian soldiers move on, that will be the end of Trump as a savior, and they have.

Two things can be true at the same time:

1. Trump is a loser whose star is certainly fading and whose grip on the GOP is weakening.

2. He'll likely humiliate and crush DeSantis as he did with every other pissant GOP flavor-of-the-week he turned into punchlines in 2016.

I'm wondering what those who seem to think these two would play nice and that Trump might even ask DeSantis to be his VP, and that DeSantis would actually accept, are thinking now.

Trumpism is a cult. DeSantis does not have what it takes to replace him as the cult leader.

Trump will crush DeSantis, but more and more people outside of the cult will be turned off by him.

Republicans best bet is for Trump to be indicted and convicted. Otherwise, he will be the 2024 GOP nominee.

Has the cult appointed a new leader?

fake news .......Rump and DeSantis have much in common. Both are useless and insensitive with ego's beyond reality. Both are pricks. Neither are great money managers and I'm sure the race is on as to which is the greatest pathological liar. Considering they both lie to me = both lie to their worshippers.

Could be he cannot leave the country ..................

Back
Top Bottom