• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GM hopes its electric Hummer ‘supertruck’ can win over traditional truck buyers

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

The ultraluxury pickup starts at $112,595, has 1,000 horsepower and can go zero to 60 in three seconds. And it has a ‘crab walk mode.’

The Hummer is back, but it’s battery-powered now and has morphed from its militarized precursor into an ultraluxury pickup that General Motors is betting will resonate with traditional truck buyers.
This week, GM unveiled its entrant in the high-stakes race to bring an electric pickup to market: the 2022 GMC Hummer EV. The “world’s first supertruck” revives the Hummer brand — a beloved icon to some, a symbol of excess to others — for the first time since it was phased out in 2010. It also marks the first major offering in GM’s $20 billion pivot to electric vehicles under chief executive Mary Barra’s “triple zero vision” of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion.

The Hummer EV, which has a 350-mile range and can be put in “crab walk mode,” starts at $112,595. Edition 1 is slated for delivery in fall 2021.
================================================================
I don't need a 1K HP electric truck. I want a Tesla Model 3. I drive less than 5K miles/year, so an electric roadster has a lot appeal as I don't have to gas up every 3months. (6.5 gallon of regular inmy 2002 Acura RSX).

Back
Top Bottom