• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glock wins (and Biden loses) in major liability suit

God is against the existence of firearms. Jesus said there will be wars and rumors of wars, butd not that there should be wars. David used a sling to kill Goliath.
Do not mock the sling or the staff sling, the ancient world used them as weapons of war and to hunt even large game, the romans feared slings more than they did arrows as they did more damage, an arrow would puncture much like a bullet today, but a sling would shatter bone and the trauma was often more fatal than arrows.

Do not mock the sling or the staff sling, the ancient world used them as weapons of war and to hunt even large game. The Romans feared slings more than they did arrows as they did more damage, an arrow would puncture much like a bullet today, but a sling would shatter bone and the trauma was often more fatal than arrows.
What makes you think I was mocking slings and staff slings by pointing out one was effective enough to kill an armed giant?

My pint was men invented guns for themselves, solely based on their own ideas, unlike God telling David to make and use a weapon from natural materials that does not blow smoke.

What makes you think I was mocking slings and staff slings by pointing out one was effective enough to kill an armed giant?

My pint was men invented guns for themselves, solely based on their own ideas, unlike God telling David to make and use a weapon from natural materials that does not blow smoke.
A gun is every bit as natural as a sling, however you determine the natural character of a sling. They're both a consequence of the natural ability of humans to make and use tools. Unless you think that David was supernaturally moved by God to invent and use a sling. Well then, a God who would do that could also move John Moses Browning. That Mormon gentleman surely did seem to have a supernaturally inspired talent in the ways of guns.

You mean like this?
You know that ABC, with help from UCLA, deliberately lied about the Ford Pinto, right? There was never anything wrong with the vehicle. It was entirely fabricated by ABC and it cost Ford millions.

that is something the several states may regulate and do
It is no longer up to "the several states" to regulate since the 2010 McDonald decision. Now the States must comply with the Second Amendment just as the federal government is required to comply with the Second Amendment. Which makes every firearm permit and license issued by every State unconstitutional, and infringement against the Second Amendment.

He didn't, that would be a trademark violation. Winchester Repeating Arms make Winchester Magnums.
That is not exactly true. Winchester Magnums refers to the type of round, and not the actual rifle. I used to own a .458 Winchester Magnum made by Remington.

It is no longer up to "the several states" to regulate since the 2010 McDonald decision. Now the States must comply with the Second Amendment just as the federal government is required to comply with the Second Amendment. Which makes every firearm permit and license issued by every State unconstitutional, and infringement against the Second Amendment.
I agree but there are certain police power actions that the courts will never disturb, that states have. these include

1) bans on carrying firearms in public office buildings, banks, schools, prisons, and some other areas
2) bans on discharging firearms (other than an emergency) in certain areas, such as public parks, municipal areas, etc
3) age restrictions on carrying, buying or possessing publicly, firearms
4) and this is the close one-restrictions on carrying firearms concealed without a license.

of course laws that punish using firearms to harm, intimidate etc others, without justification, will always be sustained by the courts

That is not exactly true. Winchester Magnums refers to the type of round, and not the actual rifle. I used to own a .458 Winchester Magnum made by Remington.
I know that but the comment was in response to a nonsensical post. BTW there is a winchester Model 70 in 458 Magnum, my father took a rogue Elephant and a Cape Buffalo in Kenya circa 1968 or so, with one

I agree but there are certain police power actions that the courts will never disturb, that states have. these include

1) bans on carrying firearms in public office buildings, banks, schools, prisons, and some other areas
2) bans on discharging firearms (other than an emergency) in certain areas, such as public parks, municipal areas, etc
3) age restrictions on carrying, buying or possessing publicly, firearms
4) and this is the close one-restrictions on carrying firearms concealed without a license.

of course laws that punish using firearms to harm, intimidate etc others, without justification, will always be sustained by the courts
Government may determine time, place, and manner restrictions, but they may not impose age restrictions, or institute any restrictions on the types of firearms that may be owned, or require a license or permit to exercise a constitutionally protected right.

I know that but the comment was in response to a nonsensical post. BTW there is a winchester Model 70 in 458 Magnum, my father took a rogue Elephant and a Cape Buffalo in Kenya circa 1968 or so, with one
I had purchased my Remington .458 Win. Mag. for brown bear just before I moved to Alaska in 1991, but I only ended up using it to shoot paper targets. After about two decades of not shooting anything other than paper, I decided to sell it. I was not very accurate with the rifle, and each round was costing me $5+, not to mention the punishing recoil.

Government may determine time, place, and manner restrictions, but they may not impose age restrictions, or institute any restrictions on the types of firearms that may be owned, or require a license or permit to exercise a constitutionally protected right.
I don' t think laws preventing minors from buying or possessing firearms in a public area, will ever be stuck down by the courts

A gun is every bit as natural as a sling, however you determine the natural character of a sling. They're both a consequence of the natural ability of humans to make and use tools. Unless you think that David was supernaturally moved by God to invent and use a sling. Well then, a God who would do that could also move John Moses Browning. That Mormon gentleman surely did seem to have a supernaturally inspired talent in the ways of guns.
Guns are 100 percent made of synthetic materials that were invented by men. If you cannot understand that simple fact, there is no point arguing.

Guns are 100 percent made of synthetic materials that were invented by men. If you cannot understand that simple fact, there is no point arguing.
What does that have to do with anything?

Holding manufacturers responsible for the misuse of their products is asinine. Who doesn't see the big red sign at the start of that road? What product, industry or company could possibly be safe from that? None. It ****s everyone. Insanity.

I don' t think laws preventing minors from buying or possessing firearms in a public area, will ever be stuck down by the courts
If the courts claim to abide by the US Constitution, then they must be struck down.

Age restrictions for firearm possession or ownership is a relatively new thing. I was hunting with my father by age 8, and was given my own firearm on my 10th birthday by my father. Throughout the 1960s and early 1970s, before turning 18, my friends and I would regularly go hunting by ourselves, without an adult present. Nobody ever gave it a second thought, that was just the way it was.

Well, wood and iron are natural materials. But anyway, is your claim that slings were invented by God? Wouldn't that make slings a supernatural item?

Maybe I should look at the bright side. We get far enough down this idiotic path, someone will make a bathtub-safe toaster. Then I'll be able to make toast while taking a bath. That'll be awesome. So, there's that. ****ing morons.

Maybe I should look at the bright side. We get far enough down this idiotic path, someone will make a bathtub-safe toaster. Then I'll be able to make toast while taking a bath. That'll be awesome. So, there's that. ****ing morons.

The required ground fault receptacle might keep you safe, but you won't get any toast made either. Damn busybodies.

Half the purpose. The other half is accountability for the entity that is being sued.

No it's not. Legal damages are meant to be compensatory

It is for the government/regulatory body to seek punitive damages or fines.

No it's not. Legal damages are meant to be compensatory

It is for the government/regulatory body to seek punitive damages or fines.
Opinion noted and I happen to disagree. Vaccine companies are protected by government regulation from having to face consequences of their products causing issues that are not their intended purpose. Full stop. People want the right to sue gun companies for their products working as they are designed to work.

Big difference between the two. The point is made that vaccine companies are actually protected more than gun companies.

Opinion noted and I happen to disagree. Vaccine companies are protected by government regulation from having to face consequences of their products causing issues that are not their intended purpose. Full stop. People want the right to sue gun companies for their products working as they are designed to work.

We want to encourage pharmaceutical companies to develop vaccines as they save lives, we don't want to encourage gun companies to make better guns
That said, one trusts the FSA to provide a level of protection and file lawsuits against drug companies who launch "vaccines whithout properly testing them

And tobacco companies have been sued because their products work as they're designed to work.

Big difference between the two. The point is made that vaccine companies are actually protected more than gun companies.

As they should be. But drug companies are not immune from legal action if warranted.

We want to encourage pharmaceutical companies to develop vaccines as they save lives, we don't want to encourage gun companies to make better guns
Irrelevant to liability issues.
That said, one trusts the FSA to provide a level of protection and file lawsuits against drug companies who launch "vaccines whithout properly testing them
We literally just rolled out multiple vaccines based on emergency approval, which circumvents the full proper testing protocols. That means this statement is demonstratively proven false.
And tobacco companies have been sued because their products work as they're designed to work.
That's not what the tobacco companies were sued for, and cancer wasn't the intended design of cigarettes and such.
As they should be. But drug companies are not immune from legal action if warranted.
Vaccine companies are. This has already been established.

Back
Top Bottom