• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Global warning or Mayan prophesy?

americanwoman

dangerously addictive
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The changes that are occuring in our weather and season are being said to be due to global warming. Or is it that the mayan prophesy of our civilization coming to an end in 2012?
According to the mayan calender the end will be Dec 21st 2012 due to solar magnets shifting the Earth. This could definetly be a sign of all that is happening now or could be contributed to global warming. I beleive in the Mayan calender but it is scary to think it would end in almost 6 years! any thoughts on this?

Ivan The Terrible said:
Americanwoman,

Why?

Becuase not only is is the most sophisicated calender ever made in any civilization but because I believe in things like that. How could the mayans have such a vast intelligence about time and movements but lack basic knowledge of other things. There are many mysteries from the Mayans and even from other civilizations that are hard to explain. If the Spaniards hadn't destroyed most of their written work we could find more about them.

heres the answer: the mayans were actually in contact with aliens. they would make sacrifices to the aliens, who were posing as gods, who would in turn reveal bits and pieces of advanced technology and techniques.

</sarcasm>

people have been saying "the world is going to end (insert date)!" since god knows when, and no one ever seems to get it right. remember y2k? remember the Omen - 6/6/06?

after a while you just stop listening to these things...

this is more than a conspiracy. This calender has been functional for thousand of years and took almost 1000 years to decode. I thought y2k,666, etc... all that is bullshit if you have any logic in your head.
This is a sun calender and it predicts a sun change in the year 2012 which may have a magnetic charge that may change the earth. A little different from the other things. I am no conspiracy person and I am not trying to make it into one.

americanwoman said:
this is more than a conspiracy. This calender has been functional for thousand of years and took almost 1000 years to decode. I thought y2k,666, etc... all that is bullshit if you have any logic in your head.
This is a sun calender and it predicts a sun change in the year 2012 which may have a magnetic charge that may change the earth. A little different from the other things. I am no conspiracy person and I am not trying to make it into one.
Y2K, 666, Mayan Calander, all are artificial creations. Why would any natural phenomena function on artificial projections/predictions. There is no year 0, 1000, or 2000 in the natural world. Man may cease to exist that year, but the world goes on.
The only cause that I could think of that could result in humans disappearing would be an astroid collision. Afterall, after funding for such was cut considerably, we only know around 1% of the heavens.

the mayan calendar is made up? Why would they go through all that trouble to keep track of time and such and draw it? I'm sure it's all a practical joke right. Maybe the mayans never even existed right. But you should read up on your history please. The mayan calandar is a very complex system about the earth and the heavens and the movements between them. They say it's even more accurate than the modern day calendars.
Now there has to be a year 0 in the natural world or nothing would exist. Something had to make it begin and something will end it. There is no end with out a beginning.

Attachments

• 904259917.jpg
    904259917.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 5
americanwoman said:
the mayan calendar is made up? Why would they go through all that trouble to keep track of time and such and draw it? I'm sure it's all a practical joke right. Maybe the mayans never even existed right. But you should read up on your history please. The mayan calandar is a very complex system about the earth and the heavens and the movements between them. They say it's even more accurate than the modern day calendars.
Now there has to be a year 0 in the natural world or nothing would exist. Something had to make it begin and something will end it. There is no end with out a beginning.
The natural world does not exist in a year 0 as we have set it to be.
Example: 1 year on Mars is very different from one year on Earth.
One year on planet X is deffinetely not going to be the same as that on Earth neither.
Time is completely relative.

So ,jfuh, do you beleive in global warming? I think I may have read your thoughts on that somewhere but I have neither time nor patience to find it.
I will say the earth is going through some sort of weather change/pattern. I don't know for sure what the cause is, who does, but I do know I am sick of 100 degree weather every frickin day.

americanwoman said:
So ,jfuh, do you beleive in global warming? I think I may have read your thoughts on that somewhere but I have neither time nor patience to find it.
I will say the earth is going through some sort of weather change/pattern. I don't know for sure what the cause is, who does, but I do know I am sick of 100 degree weather every frickin day.
My belief in global warming is the same as that of the earth being spherical. It's not faith, it's fact. I don't know about it in having any relation to mayan prophecy nor that it will "melt" the earth by 2012.

Though the Mayan Calendar is very complex, and a great accomplishment, the interpretation of its meaning is still debated. Some do believe it indicates and End Time for civilization as we know it, while others think it indicates a "New Age" beginning. Scientists tend to think it shows 2012 as....well.......sorta like midnight on a really slow clock, the end of the day, the beginning of the day.....

Does it predict the end of the world....uh....not likely. But it is definately a really cool timepiece.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom