• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Global democracy

A 'strong justice system' would not serve the purpose.

Sure it would, because bad behavior from leaders would be dealt with. That's what you're trying to accomplish, but you're trying to do it beforehand, and with no legitimate authority.

You might not appreciate the need if you're in a powerful country rather than one affected by the powerful country. Powerful leaders have few constraints.

I think you know that I strongly believe that every country is screwing up the world because industrialism is degrading, destroying, and altering Earth's ecosystems.

Sure it would, because bad behavior from leaders would be dealt with. That's what you're trying to accomplish, but you're trying to do it beforehand, and with no legitimate authority.

That's not adequate - there are no international laws that cover the relevant issues every country agrees to. And often the damage is done by that point. It's just not enough.

I think you know that I strongly believe that every country is screwing up the world because industrialism is degrading, destroying, and altering Earth's ecosystems.

No argument. But that's not the same as sympathizing with people greatly affected by more powerful countries whose people only care about their own benefits.

That's not adequate - there are no international laws that cover the relevant issues every country agrees to. And often the damage is done by that point. It's just not enough.

It's not adequate, now, but it could be. But the US doesn't want that because the US wants to be able to do what it wants to do. The US, your country, is the biggest problem. The world should be able to veto the USG's deplorable behaviors.

No argument. But that's not the same as sympathizing with people greatly affected by more powerful countries whose people only care about their own benefits.

It's not, but the US leads (negatively) in that aspect, too.

This is just a 'food for thought' comment, not a proposal, but. Look at what we've seen as individuals have led nations to cause great harm - Putin, Hitler, and many more. So Putin decided he wants to control Ukraine, and with his nuclear weapons, the world says we have to try to oppose him but the most we can do is cause great economic harm to the world - like cutting off 40% of Europe's oil - with whatever financial crash it causes globally to isolate him.

Imagine if the world got a veto power over leaders. So Putin claims Russia elected him; if some percent of the world votes 'no' to him, Russia has to pick again.

Again and again, leaders can cause great harm to other countries who get no vote.

It's interesting to think if the world could vote also. Instead of just having to have world wars or global economic crises or other ways to deal with the problems.

It only makes sense to me that there be one world government for all humans.

We're still so primitive, different sects and tribes still killing each other because "god" and all sorts of reasons. Very few of those reasons are good ones IMO.

But I dont think we'll have a One World Government very soon, if ever. Society working in cooperation instead of competition, that will never come to pass as long as chasing dollars is given priority.

This is just a 'food for thought' comment, not a proposal, but. Look at what we've seen as individuals have led nations to cause great harm - Putin, Hitler, and many more. So Putin decided he wants to control Ukraine, and with his nuclear weapons, the world says we have to try to oppose him but the most we can do is cause great economic harm to the world - like cutting off 40% of Europe's oil - with whatever financial crash it causes globally to isolate him.

Imagine if the world got a veto power over leaders. So Putin claims Russia elected him; if some percent of the world votes 'no' to him, Russia has to pick again.

Again and again, leaders can cause great harm to other countries who get no vote.

It's interesting to think if the world could vote also. Instead of just having to have world wars or global economic crises or other ways to deal with the problems.

I am so glad that you did not write that the world should look toward the "greatest democracy on Earth - the USA" - as it is not -- not with Biden as president anyway.

Back
Top Bottom