• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck's anti-gay army of God

Well, obviously, anyone who associates with Chuck Norris and Sarah Palin must hate gay people.

Serously, what the heck is your point here? Yeah, he's around a lot of conservatives. Yeah, a lot of conservatives are against gay marriage. And the point of all of this is...?

Well, what was the point when Obama was attending that church in Chicago? It's not that difficult a point to follow. I don't surround myself with people who think homosexuality is a choice, and gays don't have the right to marry. Why does Glenn Beck?

Well, what was the point when Obama was attending that church in Chicago? It's not that difficult a point to follow. I don't surround myself with people who think homosexuality is a choice, and gays don't have the right to marry. Why does Glenn Beck?

So you're saying that Obama hates white people and thinks that AIDS is a CIA conspiracy?

Or was your post being sarcastic? I'm notr really sure what point you're trying to make, here.

"I don't surround myself with people who think homosexuality is a choice, and gays don't have the right to marry. Why does Glenn Beck?"

"I don't surround myself with people who think homosexuality is a choice, and gays don't have the right to marry. Why does Glenn Beck?"

Again, what's your point?

Frankly, I surround myself with people I like. I don't give a crap about what their views are, especially not on gay marriage. Am I supposed to have a political litmus test? Because I don't.

Glenn Beck associates with conservatives because he is a conservative commentator. Does that have to mean that he agrees 100% with every conservative point of view ever? (The answer is "no". To say yes would be a pretty gigantic failing of logic.)

Seriously, since when did ANYONE - political commentators or otherwise - agree 100% with the views of those they associate with? I'm having a very hard time believing you actually think that. If you do, you have to believe that Obama hates white people and think that AIDS is a CIA conspiracy, because he went to a church where that was preached. Do you think this?

Seriously, since when did ANYONE - political commentators or otherwise - agree 100% with the views of those they associate with? I'm having a very hard time believing you actually think that. If you do, you have to believe that Obama hates white people and think that AIDS is a CIA conspiracy, because he went to a church where that was preached. Do you think this?

No, I don't.

I'm going to go do some research on Beck. It's not enough for me that Mellie says "Oh, he's in favor of gay marriage" - right then. I don't believe it, because of what he stands for.

No, I don't.

I'm going to go do some research on Beck. It's not enough for me that Mellie says "Oh, he's in favor of gay marriage" - right then. I don't believe it, because of what he stands for.

I don't know what he stands for, or how it relates to gay marriage. But:

Under God: Glenn Beck, gay marriage advocate? - Elizabeth Tenety

O'Reilly: Do you believe that gay marriage is a threat to country in any way?

Beck: A threat to the country?

O'Reilly: Yeah, is it going to harm it in anyway?

Beck: No I don't. Will the gays come and get us?

O'Reilly: No, okay. Is it going to harm the country?

Beck: I believe that Thomas Jefferson said: "If it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket what difference is it to me?

Like being anti gay marriage is a bad thing? :)

Tim-

Like being anti gay marriage is a bad thing? :)

Tim-
sup Tim, thanks for the referral. and hey, if it keeps them out of the truck stops, public restrooms and bath houses...I am all for gay marriage.

Social and Religious cons hate gay people and/or gay marriage/rights, this has been fact for quite awhile. Why is this new to some of you.

You do know Obama is anti-gay marriage, don't you? Does he get a pass?
Beck has said gay-marriage doesn't concern him one way or the other. It's a non issue. So in my opinion he has every right to be friends with or associate himself with either side on this particular social issue.

sup Tim, thanks for the referral. and hey, if it keeps them out of the truck stops, public restrooms and bath houses...I am all for gay marriage.

I guess that's one way to think about it.

Or you could, I don't know, start thinking of "them" as proper human beings and equals.

hey bud, welcome to DP, bro!

Tim-

I guess that's one way to think about it.

Or you could, I don't know, start thinking of "them" as proper human beings and equals.

maybe when they start acting like proper human beings...I will. as long as they continue to hold "gay pride" parades and lark about in public in assless pants and perform sex acts on each other in public I will continue to consider them less than "proper" human beings.

I think I'll take some of the things that some people do, and ascribe it to all of them. I'm no hater!

Homophobia is not something you want to put on a resume. Or a t-shirt.

Tell me. How can one be against gay marriage, and NOT be a homophobe, in your estimation?

Please answer that for me?

Tim-

Tell me. How can one be against gay marriage, and NOT be a homophobe, in your estimation?

Tim-
It's not possible plain and simple. If you belive gays should not have the same rights as you then you should be prepared to be called a homophobe.

Tim-

You can be against gay marriage and not be a homophobe if you are against all marriage, for everyone. I am, as long as marriage confers privileges on those who engage in it over those who don't. How you decide to organise your domestic arrangements should neither enhance nor detract from your social, political or economic position.

I'm guessing that's not the reason you're against gay marriage.

It's not possible plain and simple. If you belive gays should not have the same rights as you then you should be prepared to be called a homophobe.

What should we call people who don't believe unborn babies have the same rights as you? Fetophobes....?

I am also against abortion. (Also why on earth would you bring up abortion?)

That's exactly where my mind goes when people talk about equal rights. Yours doesn't?

Back
Top Bottom