• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Glenn Beck Using Mormon Code?

Catz Part Deux

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Dana Milbank: Mormon Prophecy Behind Glenn Beck's Message
"We are at the place where the Constitution hangs in the balance," Beck told Bill O'Reilly on November 14, 2008, just after President Obama's election. "I feel the Constitution is hanging in the balance right now, hanging by a thread unless the good Americans wake up."

The Constitution is hanging by a thread.

Most Americans would have heard this as just another bit of overblown commentary and thought nothing more of it. But to those familiar with the White Horse Prophecy, it was an unmistakable signal.

The phrase is often attributed to the Prophet Joseph Smith, founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or Mormon Church. Smith is believed to have said in 1840 that when the Constitution hangs by a thread, elders of the Mormon Church will step in -- on the proverbial white horse -- to save the country.

"When the Constitution of the United States hangs, as it were, upon a single thread, they will have to call for the 'Mormon' Elders to save it from utter destruction; and they will step forth and do it," Brigham Young, Smith's successor as head of the church, wrote in 1855.

And, this isn't the first time that Beck has "gone there." It's also a standard M.O. for Orrin Hatch, songster extraordinaire. Life On Gold Plates: Beck, Hatch: Constitution Hanging By a Thread

An Idaho gubernatorial candidate was reporting using it earlier in the year: Fringe LDS Idaho gubernatorial candidate talks up the White Horse prophecy « Standard Examiner Blogs

And, Mike Lee, who beat Senator Bob Bennett in the Republican primary in Utah has also waved that particular white horse flag. Bob Bennett backs Lee, but his son falls far from the tree | The Salt Lake Tribune

Subtle, but interesting.

Dana Milbank: Mormon Prophecy Behind Glenn Beck's Message

And, this isn't the first time that Beck has "gone there." It's also a standard M.O. for Orrin Hatch, songster extraordinaire. Life On Gold Plates: Beck, Hatch: Constitution Hanging By a Thread

An Idaho gubernatorial candidate was reporting using it earlier in the year: Fringe LDS Idaho gubernatorial candidate talks up the White Horse prophecy « Standard Examiner Blogs

And, Mike Lee, who beat Senator Bob Bennett in the Republican primary in Utah has also waved that particular white horse flag. Bob Bennett backs Lee, but his son falls far from the tree | The Salt Lake Tribune

Subtle, but interesting.
Great. I'm not sure which is worse, the Moonies or the Mormons.

Beck's cultivation of hard right religious groups is interesting.
It makes perfect sense. The infrastructure is already there. Why start at square one when you don't have to?

three things make me laugh so hard that I can't stop for several minutes when I read about them. mormonism, scientology and david icke.

ummm... Beck is a Mormon so what's the point?
The point is that a fair amount of their doctrine is predicated on them saving the United States from some future peril. That's my understanding, anyway.

It makes perfect sense. The infrastructure is already there. Why start at square one when you don't have to?

Are You saying that by comparison the 90% + Black Vote going Democrat in Every National Election time after time is an example of some Real Cerebral, considered evaluations and done in a Spirit of Intellectual Honesty with the overall Welfare of the Whole Nation in Mind ???????????

Any chance Barry in 2012 gets less than 95% ??????

Are You saying that by comparison the 90% + Black Vote going Democrat in Every National Election time after time is an example of some Real Cerebral, considered evaluations and done in a Spirit of Intellectual Honesty with the overall Welfare of the Whole Nation in Mind ???????????

Any chance Barry in 2012 gets less than 95% ??????
What in the hell are you talking about?

Information sharing? Most non-Mormons are unaware of the signficance of this phrase in Mormon circles.
Why should we? We aren't mormon. "The constitution hangs by a thread", yea, cool phrase.

Mormons aren't even real christians, they add falsehood to the bible, so his theology is wrong anyway, so why should I care?

Why should we? We aren't mormon. "The constitution hangs by a thread", yea, cool phrase.

Mormons aren't even real christians, they add falsehood to the bible, so his theology is wrong anyway, so why should I care?

If you find it interesting, great. If not, skip it. ;)

He has said something Joseph Smith used to say. Ooooooooh....I'm skeered. :eek:

He has said something Joseph Smith used to say. Ooooooooh....I'm skeered. :eek:
Yeah, it's not like he's quoting Muhammad or anything. :doh

What in the hell are you talking about?

What I'm saying is that Mormon related items and/or motivations are examined in minute detail with suspicions abounding , but the same ignorant , pandering crap that keeps Blacks in a dependable line Time after Time for Real Religous Hucksters never gets a seconds criticism from either the MSM , or Liberals in General. Okay(???)

What I'm saying is that Mormon related items and/or motivations are examined in minute detail with suspicions abounding , but the same ignorant , pandering crap that keeps Blacks in a dependable line Time after Time for Real Religous Hucksters never gets a seconds criticism from either the MSM , or Liberals in General. Okay(???)
Then start a thread about it and stop derailing this one.

Then you would have no problem with it.
Let's play a game of who said it:

Here I'll start:

“The study demonstrates that low-income workers overwhelmingly desire to save, and many do, despite financial challenges.”

Smith or Marx?

Back
Top Bottom