• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck Restoring Honor Rally Video Question

Does the video give a fair overview of the event?

• No, not at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

hazlnut

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
For those that were at the event or followed it closely, does this 6:25 minute video give a fair sense of what the 'Restoring Honor' event was about?

Just curious. Because, from the coverage I watched, this is exactly how I thought the event played out. Keep in mind, the reporter's comments are his own opinion and 6:25 minute video can't show everything, but does it give a brief but fair overview?

If you feel the video left something out, please explain.

Last edited:
My follow up question is: Where are they going with this?

i'm not sure there is necessarily a plan in the "okay, in August we have the rally to convince X number of people to buy into Y, and then A number of months later we do Z in order to get B number of people to believe in Y" and so on and so forth; i think they tend to view it sort of like the market; you have to establish a good base, and then order naturally comes from self-organizing chaos. just as you need some basics for a market to function well (predictable government, rule of law, sound money, reasonable tax rates), you need some basics for self-government to function well; and they would argue that devotion to the notion that our rights are authored by God is one of the key items on that list.

what is Becks' master plan? i'd bet at least 80% of it he's making it up as he goes along.

Seemed reasonable to me.

I think the thing that struck me most was the overwhelming sense that religion and belief in the Judeo-Christian god is somehow necessary for good public policy. A sentiment I find uncomfortable.

Also, I liked the point the reporter made about the lack of actually discussing what was "lost" that needs to be "recaptured."

I think the thing that struck me most was the overwhelming sense that religion and belief in the Judeo-Christian god is somehow necessary for good public policy.

Agreed. Think Beck might be trying to reinvent himself as a prophet for profit?
pirate.gif

Back
Top Bottom