• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but the CBO numbers only matter to a liberal when they think it supports their point of view. Everyone knows that people keeping more of their own money makes them less dependent on the govt. and liberals don't want that

According the CBO - old people need to die faster... I mean, if you really read the numbers.

How many of the senior citizen Teabrains want to talk about those issues?

hazlnut;1058947745]Why? Why was 3T added to the debt in less than 2 years. What were the policies and events that lead to that... I seem to remember something about some tax cuts for the rich and super-righ that were going to fix everything... That's right, flood an unregulated derivatives and mortgage back securities market with billions, and what could go wrong.

Oh, I don't know, maybe the buyout of GM/Chrysler, 862 billion stimulus and anti business attitude that led to record unemployment had some affect. As for the TARP money, hasn't most of that been paid back?

EVERY report/study/expert says the damage was done by 2005. It was a ticking time-bomb goose egg laid by W.

Back your statement up with actual data, not your opinion which we are now seeing what that is worth.

The bailout, the auto-bailout... what were the alternatives?? We were screwed but Cheney/Bush policies. Put a million people out of work in the detroit area? Even conservative economists know you can't do that. Let AIG fail? I think even you know that wasn't an option.

Yep, that is and was the only option, throwing money at the problem is all liberals do. TARP has been paid back but didn't go to repay the debt, that is what liberals always do and you apparently support. Again show me the numbers and stop with the opinions.

W. handed President Obama a mess, 2 wars unpaid for, an economy in shambles, no matter how much your masters at Fox News try to rewrite history, can't change what's already on the books.

Spoken like a true liberal, show me the numbers and stop with the opinions. None of those have anything to do with the deficit which apparently you don't understand. Obama could stop the war any time he wanted to but hasn't, Deficits are yearly and not cumulative, that would be the debt.

And what I know for Goddamned sure, Beck's fear-mongering and race-baiting, getting the Teabrains rock-hard about gettin' Blackie out of office isn't the solution. Tomorrow is a exercise in ginning up the GOP Obama-hating base.

You are great at explosive rhetoric that is backed by nothing other than hot air. Facts matter, get them and you would have more credibility. BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and the U.S. Treasury are all non partisan and have data, educate yourself for a change.

The solution is pragmatic cool heads, Reps and Dems working together. But the fringe-right won't have it. Can't stand the new color in the White House.

Yep, anytime the results don't match the rhetoric resort to race baiting. No one is ever going to work with this narcissist, spoiled man child or Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi.

The Teabrains, Beck, and Palin make me sick. Un-American, un-patriotic morons appealing to the lowest common denominator, fear.

LOL, I will tell them the next time I see them. I am sure they will lose sleep over your feelings. I know that I sure will. I would worry about the uneducated base that supports Obama and is dependent on the taxpayers for their own existence. 47% of workers in this country pay no income taxes and thus don't seem to care what others pay. These are the people that form today's Democrat base and are the ignorant ones that blame everything on someone else as they buy the rhetoric of our empty suit President.

Call 'em like I see 'em.

Economists look at 10 year, 20 year policies and results. Idiot pundits grade Presidents day-to-day. Which one are you?

I can see that, problem is people who cannot see shouldn't be calling anything.

According the CBO - old people need to die faster... I mean, if you really read the numbers.

What? CBO has said nothing about people dying or the need for them to die quicker. I don't think you have a clue.

I seem to remember something about some tax cuts for the rich and super-righ that were going to fix everything...

from our masters at wapo:

"With the economy rapidly weakening, some senior Democrats are having second thoughts about raising taxes on the nation's wealthiest families and are pressing party leaders to consider extending the full array of Bush administration tax cuts, at least through next year."

washingtonpost.com

And what I know for Goddamned sure, Beck's fear-mongering and race-baiting, getting the Teabrains rock-hard about gettin' Blackie out of office isn't the solution. Tomorrow is a exercise in ginning up the GOP Obama-hating base.

The solution is pragmatic cool heads, Reps and Dems working together. But the fringe-right won't have it. Can't stand the new color in the White House.

The Teabrains, Beck, and Palin make me sick. Un-American, un-patriotic morons appealing to the lowest common denominator, fear.

YouTube - Twilight Zone Opening THEME MUSIC 1962 Rod Serling

Last edited:
Obama's stimulus cost more than the entire cost of the Iraq War.
Alternative to auto bail out was to let them fail. Do you think if they failed, no one would ever make another auto in the US??? Let me know the next time you own a private non-union business that gets bailed out you're in trouble.

Again, even conservative economists acknowledge the basic econ formula--when you put a 1 million people out of work in a metropolitan area like detroit, the resulting poverty and crime is more expensive then a managed bankruptcy--which is what the auto-bailouts were.

Now, they don't talk about that on Fox much, but that's how it works. When something breaks because you didn't care for it properly, then you cringe and pay the money to get it fixed. Toyota, Ford, and others invested in smaller cars and green tech cars... while GM kept building boats that didn't even work.

Obama's stimulus cost more than the entire cost of the Iraq War.
Alternative to auto bail out was to let them fail. Do you think if they failed, no one would ever make another auto in the US??? Let me know the next time you own a private non-union business that gets bailed out you're in trouble.

Liberals don't have a clue as is evidenced by their rhetoric. They believe MoveOn and MediaMatters whereas the U.S. Treasury data, the checkbook of the U.S., provides false data in their world.

Again, even conservative economists acknowledge the basic econ formula--when you put a 1 million people out of work in a metropolitan area like detroit, the resulting poverty and crime is more expensive then a managed bankruptcy--which is what the auto-bailouts were.

Now, they don't talk about that on Fox much, but that's how it works. When something breaks because you didn't care for it properly, then you cringe and pay the money to get it fixed. Toyota, Ford, and others invested in smaller cars and green tech cars... while GM kept building boats that didn't even work.

You have no one to blame for the problems in Detroit other than yourself, the politicians, and the unions. Ford didn't need a bailout, why?

That's where the death panels come in for everyone eldery...not just members of the Tea Party...unless Obamacare gives special treatment for dems.

What? CBO has said nothing about people dying or the need for them to die quicker. I don't think you have a clue.

They didn't say that, but look at where all our tax money is going. The last two months of life are going to sink us as a country.

Will GB be addressing that? No, we need to fight reform and progressive ideas....because progressive, empathy, they're all now bad words. (roll eyes)

My position, my political stance is that if a conservative has a good idea, we use it. If a progressive liberal knows how to fix something, we go run with it. We stop the power tug-o-war by stopping the fear-based paranoia about the 'other side'. I don't fear conservatives or their ideas, but the fringe-right/left... they're both all about No.

I think if you checked she had problems with Republicans and Republicans had problems with her. She is not exactly friendly with the current sitting Republican Senator and her dad. They are bitter enemies in fact.

Palin was an unethical quitter, and that's a fact.

Palin will take on Republicans just as quick as she does Democrates. That's a GOOD thing.
I don't believe they are bitter enemies. LOL
They have a past. Palin beat her dad in an election. That's about all I know. Do you have reason to think they are "bitter" enemies?

They didn't say that, but look at where all our tax money is going. The last two months of life are going to sink us as a country.

Will GB be addressing that? No, we need to fight reform and progressive ideas....because progressive, empathy, they're all now bad words.

My position, my political stance is that if a conservative has a good idea, we use it. If a progressive liberal knows how to fix something, we go run with it. We stop the power tug-o-war by stopping the fear-based paranoia about the 'other side'. I don't fear conservatives or their ideas, but the fringe-right/left... they're both all about No.

Great, you then just supported a healthcare bill that is a job killer and will do nothing to improve the quality or the access to healthcare. It will bust the budget unless you believe you can cover more people with fewer doctors at less cost? That, my friend is a pipe dream. MA has Universal Healthcare, how is that working out for the state? Britain has Universal Healthcare and is now looking to privatize it so how is that working out for you? Liberals are totally arrogant human beings with one group more arrogant than the other.

I haven't seen any good ideas from Obama, Reid, and Pelosi and the results speak for themselves. How about giving us more actual results and a lot less. rhetoric? Prove me wrong

Last edited:
That's where the death panels come in for everyone eldery...not just members of the Tea Party...unless Obamacare gives special treatment for dems.

Do you know how ignorant you sound when you say 'obamacare' ?-- it's a hyper-partisan hack talking point.

Will GB be addressing that? No, we need to fight reform and progressive ideas....because progressive, empathy, they're all now bad words. (roll eyes)

What have the progressives fixed? Seems to me they just like to take our money and liberty.

Do you know how ignorant you sound when you say 'obamacare' ?-- it's a hyper-partisan hack talking point.

Sure whatever you say. Does it really matter what label you put on it??? Does that change what it is?

Great, you then just supported a healthcare bill that is a job killer and will do nothing to improve the quality or the access to healthcare. It will bust the budget unless you believe you can cover more people with fewer doctors at less cost?

Thank you for revealing your ability to regurgitate partisan talking points.

I haven't seen any good ideas from Obama, Reid, and Pelosi and the results speak for themselves.

That's the problem with party partisan sheep, you haven't even looked. A good idea could bite you in the ass and unless it's stamped GOP, you wouldn't notice.

Thank you for revealing your ability to regurgitate partisan talking points.

That's the problem with party partisan sheep, you haven't even looked. A good idea could bite you in the ass and unless it's stamped GOP, you wouldn't notice.

you could name some of those progressive ideas.

hazlnut;1058947800]Thank you for revealing your ability to regurgitate partisan talking points.

the only thing partisan is the inflammatory rhetoric coming from you. The facts support me. Get the facts on MA, Britain, ER usuage in those areas and then tell me how you provide more people coverage at lower costs. Facts seem to have no place in your world because all I see from you is rhetoric.

LOL, apparently neither have you because you cannot name for me good legislation from Obama. You seem to have me confused with someone else, I am a Conservative not a Republican. I would like to see about half of them go along with all the Democrats including "your" President.

When you offer me that good legislation back your support up with something other than your opinions.

Barbtx implyed that was so, click back to my previous post.
I thought I replied to this.
I think what I wa talking about as an insult was someone asking how much she was getting paid. You don't see that as an insult?
Do you think she said, yea, I'll come give a tribute to my uncle. How much are you paying me?
I'm not going back to look.

you could name some of those progressive ideas.

Well, most of what was in the Health Care bill was repackaged Heritage Foundation ideas... but I'd still call them progressive.

The problem is you don't know the real history (good and bad) of progressivism. If you're tap water is clean enough to drink, thank the progressives. If not, thank special interests undoing what the progressives once did.

The word Progressive has a totally different meaning/connotation for me. I guess I shouldn't have taken all that U.S. History in college.

Ask a Canadian what Progressive means.

Hey, I'm still an American, and when great men have their memories stained by lesser people... I do get mad.

What I really hate is that every stupid, idiotic word Sarah/Glenn have ever said is somehow forgotten by MSM because they get 'train wreck' ratings. The public loves a freak show.

If the media would just pay them the attention they deserve, (0.0) they would go away.

But the public loves a freak show, so, as long as they keep it in their pants, we're stuck with them.

You know, when you make statements like this you destroy what little credibility you have especially when Glenn Beck and his Merry Band of Radicals are exposed. You should be ashamed.

YouTube - Glenn at Kennedy Center

Another video about what went on tonight at the Kennedy Center. That evil Glenn Beck, now dare him. Play the video if you have the guts

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/44014/

Last edited:
Well, most of what was in the Health Care bill was repackaged Heritage Foundation ideas... but I'd still call them progressive.

The problem is you don't know the real history (good and bad) of progressivism. If you're tap water is clean enough to drink, thank the progressives. If not, thank special interests undoing what the progressives once did.

The word Progressive has a totally different meaning/connotation for me. I guess I shouldn't have taken all that U.S. History in college.

I have seen what progressives have done to your state and others around the country. Why is there no such thing as personal responsibility with progressives? Do you think our Founders would support your kind of progressive activism? You live in a bankrupt state where just about anything goes. Your state is bankrupt, has over 12% unemployment, and is being overrun by illegals yet you continue to support the policies that got you into this condition. My question is why?

The majority of Americans were and are against the healthcare Obamacare bill...it's not even implemented yet, so that doesn't count as it could be a complete failure.

So we have that and tap water???...I'm sure some conservative would have come up with clean tap water if a "progressive' wouldn't have. Maybe they should stick to tap water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom