• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you have no problem with government interfering with parental rights. Gotcha.

What are my parental rights and how does the government affect them according to you.

Unhinged anger.... You bet.
Moderate... my rosey red butt!

Hey, I'm still an American, and when great men have their memories stained by lesser people... I do get mad.

What I really hate is that every stupid, idiotic word Sarah/Glenn have ever said is somehow forgotten by MSM because they get 'train wreck' ratings. The public loves a freak show.

If the media would just pay them the attention they deserve, (0.0) they would go away.

But the public loves a freak show, so, as long as they keep it in their pants, we're stuck with them.

Hey, I'm still an American, and when great men have their memories stained by lesser people... I do get mad.

What I really hate is that every stupid, idiotic word Sarah/Glenn have ever said is somehow forgotten by MSM because they get 'train wreck' ratings. The public loves a freak show.

If the media would just pay them the attention they deserve, (0.0) they would go away.

But the public loves a freak show, so, as long as they keep it in their pants, we're stuck with them.

Who elected you judge, jury, and executioner? You don't seem to have a clue about this weekend's rally but that doesn't prevent you from judging and making wild statements that you cannot defend. My bet is you haven't watched or listened to Glenn Beck but believe you are an expert on Beck. Why don't you wait and see what happens this weekend before commenting. That doesn't make you very credible.

I see you have no problem with government interfering with parental rights. Gotcha.

No. You missed the point. If you were that kind of a parent, that your daughter felt she couldn't come to you, then it's probably good you don't know and are kept out of the loop.

The Government is protecting children. Helping them make adult decisions in crisis moment.

I trust the adults at the clinics to help underage girls make an informed decision.

Who elected you judge, jury, and executioner? You don't seem to have a clue about this weekend's rally but that doesn't prevent you from judging and making wild statements that you cannot defend. My bet is you haven't watched or listened to Glenn Beck but believe you are an expert on Beck. Why don't you wait and see what happens this weekend before commenting. That doesn't make you very credible.

I know EXACTLY what this weekend is about -- trying to prove to moderates that the Teabrains really care about Obama's politics and not the color of his skin.

Not fooling me.

BUT I will try to be open minded (when I'm not vomiting)...

Last edited:
I know EXACTLY what this weekend is about -- trying to prove to moderates that the Teabrains really care about Obama's politics and not the color of his skin.

Not fooling me.

BUT I will try to be opening minded (when I'm not vomiting)...

Some certainly do but at this point it really doesn't make any difference because his policies are destroying the very foundation upon which our economy was built. What is it going to take for you and others to admit that his policies failed and don't give me this crap that it was Bush's policies. Bush had no control over the legislative process in 2007 and any spending that Bush did was approved by the Obama Congress. So as far as fooling you, I don't have to, the current Administration already has.

The results speak for themselves but why waste my time posting them again, and again, and again. Nothing changes the mind of a cult follower and that is what the Obama minions are. No one has an ounce of sense that supports this empty suit.

Some certainly do but at this point it really doesn't make any difference because his policies are destroying the very foundation upon which our economy was built.

Paranoia not based on any real facts.

What is it going to take for you and others to admit that his policies failed and don't give me this crap that it was Bush's policies. Bush had no control over the legislative process in 2007 and any spending that Bush did was approved by the Obama Congress. So as far as fooling you, I don't have to, the current Administration already has.

Take a civics class, you don't have clue what you're talking about.

The results speak for themselves but why waste my time posting them again, and again, and again. Nothing changes the mind of a cult follower and that is what the Obama minions are. No one has an ounce of sense that supports this empty suit.

What results? Those from FOX news. Gimme a break.

I agree, she did what was best for Alaska in spite of what might happen to her career.
However, if there wouldn't have been all those frivilous lawsuits from the left, she would have finished her term.
I think it's worked out better for her this way, and better for the country. She is being a great help with her endorsements
and everything else she does.
I think if you checked she had problems with Republicans and Republicans had problems with her. She is not exactly friendly with the current sitting Republican Senator and her dad. They are bitter enemies in fact.

Palin was an unethical quitter, and that's a fact.

Paranoia not based on any real facts.

Take a civics class, you don't have clue what you're talking about.

What results? Those from FOX news. Gimme a break.

Let's see if you truly know what is going on tomorrow. I don't think so

Tony La Russa, Albert Pujols of St. Louis Cardinals to join Sarah Palin in Washington rally - ESPN

Why don't you tell me what I don't know about? How does any President make policy without support of Congress?

The results I am talking about come from BEA.gov which show declining economic growth, BLS.gov which show almost 16 million unemployed Americans and lost employment every month of 2010 and that is after spending a trillion dollars on the stimulus and Bush is no where to be seen, and the U.S. Treasury site which shows 3 trillion added to the debt in less than 2 years.

Now you can continue to deny and place the blame on Beck and Fox News but it is the results that matter, not rhetoric.

I think if you checked she had problems with Republicans and Republicans had problems with her. She is not exactly friendly with the current sitting Republican Senator and her dad. They are bitter enemies in fact.

Palin was an unethical quitter, and that's a fact.

I don't think someone from the Beaver State has a lot of credibility talking about Palin or economic conditions. You have your own problems in Oregon that you cannot seem to solve, probably having something to do with the fact that you haven't had a Republican Governor in over 20 years. You can't help it though as you don't know any better.

The results I am talking about come from BEA.gov which show declining economic growth, BLS.gov which show almost 16 million unemployed Americans and lost employment every month of 2010 and that is after spending a trillion dollars on the stimulus and Bush is no where to be seen, and the U.S. Treasury site which shows 3 trillion added to the debt in less than 2 years.

Yes, with the Bush tax cuts intact. Why is that?

Never ran a business, I see. Why would any business hire anyone with the uncertainty that they are facing in January 2011? People face those same uncertainties and those that are working are spending less in anticipation of higher taxes in 2011. your empty suit isn't helping matters any and like all liberals you have no solutions.

I don't think someone from the Beaver State has a lot of credibility talking about Palin or economic conditions. You have your own problems in Oregon that you cannot seem to solve, probably having something to do with the fact that you haven't had a Republican Governor in over 20 years. You can't help it though as you don't know any better.
Oregon has one of the lowest business tax rates in the country. There is talk about Intel building a billion dollar factory here and Nike has it world headquarters just 4 miles west of me. Your FOS, as usual.

Oregon has one of the lowest business tax rates in the country. There is talk about Intel building a billion dollar factory here and Nike has it world headquarters just 4 miles west of me. Your FOS, as usual.

Oregon is one of the most liberal states in the nation and thus has that entitlement mentality and double digit unemployment. Telling me I am FOS doesn't change the results in your state.

Never ran a business, I see. Why would any business hire anyone with the uncertainty that they are facing in January 2011? People face those same uncertainties and those that are working are spending less in anticipation of higher taxes in 2011. your empty suit isn't helping matters any and like all liberals you have no solutions.
What President has run a business in the last 50 years? Bush 43 had many failures and dodged insider trading at one point.

i don't know, maybe you should ask the "senior democrats" to whom ms montgomery spoke

washingtonpost.com: "among dems economic pressures change tax cut dynamics"

Last edited:
i don't know, maybe you should ask the "senior democrats" to whom ms montgomery spoke

washingtonpost.com: "among dems economic pressures change tax cut dynamics"
Why don't you address what said? I don't think you comprehended what I wrote.

What President has run a business in the last 50 years? Bush 43 had many failures and dodged insider trading at one point.

GW Bush ran a business and made a payroll, something Obama never did and thus doesn't have a clue. Bush's numbers speak for themselves, something you don't understand. Bush is out of office, you hired Obama and he has made things worse according to the numbers. He makes you feel good though and that seems to be all that matters, 16 million Americans don't share in your enthusiasm nor do the majority in this country today.

By the way here are your unemployment numbers for that pro business state that you claim you have. My bet is you don't have a clue about what is going on in your state.

Year Period labor force employment unemployment unemployment rate

2008 Jan 1934680 1834099 100581 5.2
2008 Feb 1935823 1835084 100739 5.2
2008 Mar 1936862 1834768 102094 5.3
2008 Apr 1938392 1833266 105126 5.4
2008 May 1940730 1830864 109866 5.7
2008 Jun 1944112 1828204 115908 6.0
2008 Jul 1948231 1825427 122804 6.3
2008 Aug 1952623 1822244 130379 6.7
2008 Sep 1957145 1817923 139222 7.1
2008 Oct 1961891 1811524 150367 7.7
2008 Nov 1966723 1802621 164102 8.3
2008 Dec 1971632 1791791 179841 9.1
2009 Jan 1976340 1780400 195940 9.9
2009 Feb 1980296 1769944 210352 10.6
2009 Mar 1982423 1761208 221215 11.2
2009 Apr 1981902 1754353 227549 11.5
2009 May 1978396 1748678 229718 11.6
2009 Jun 1972248 1743906 228342 11.6
2009 Jul 1964584 1740049 224535 11.4
2009 Aug 1956939 1737038 219901 11.2
2009 Sep 1950054 1734602 215452 11.0
2009 Oct 1944151 1732678 211473 10.9
2009 Nov 1939251 1731131 208120 10.7
2009 Dec 1935774 1730093 205681 10.6
2010 Jan 1939343 1732794 206549 10.7
2010 Feb 1945234 1741064 204170 10.5
2010 Mar 1954806 1747394 207412 10.6
2010 Apr 1963012 1755159 207853 10.6
2010 May 1965706 1757360 208346 10.6
2010 Jun 1962269 1756481 205788 10.5
2010 Jul 1961582(P) 1753526(P) 208056(P) 10.6(P)

How is that hope and change working out for the 2.1 million people in Oregon unemployed? Looks to me like it is up again over last month and I don't see any month that Bush was in office where your state had over 2 million unemployed.

Liberal solution is throw more money at. CBO said the Bush tax cuts should stay to help the economy.

Why? Why was 3T added to the debt in less than 2 years. What were the policies and events that lead to that... I seem to remember something about some tax cuts for the rich and super-righ that were going to fix everything... That's right, flood an unregulated derivatives and mortgage back securities market with billions, and what could go wrong.

EVERY report/study/expert says the damage was done by 2005. It was a ticking time-bomb goose egg laid by W.

The bailout, the auto-bailout... what were the alternatives?? We were screwed but Cheney/Bush policies. Put a million people out of work in the detroit area? Even conservative economists know you can't do that. Let AIG fail? I think even you know that wasn't an option.

W. handed President Obama a mess, 2 wars unpaid for, an economy in shambles, no matter how much your masters at Fox News try to rewrite history, can't change what's already on the books.

And what I know for Goddamned sure, Beck's fear-mongering and race-baiting, getting the Teabrains rock-hard about gettin' Blackie out of office isn't the solution. Tomorrow is a exercise in ginning up the GOP Obama-hating base.

The solution is pragmatic cool heads, Reps and Dems working together. But the fringe-right won't have it. Can't stand the new color in the White House.

The Teabrains, Beck, and Palin make me sick. Un-American, un-patriotic morons appealing to the lowest common denominator, fear.

Now you can continue to deny and place the blame on Beck and Fox News but it is the results that matter, not rhetoric.

Call 'em like I see 'em.

Economists look at 10 year, 20 year policies and results. Idiot pundits grade Presidents day-to-day. Which one are you?

Liberal solution is throw more money at. CBO said the Bush tax cuts should stay to help the economy.

Thanks, but the CBO numbers only matter to a liberal when they think it supports their point of view. Everyone knows that people keeping more of their own money makes them less dependent on the govt. and liberals don't want that

Obama's stimulus cost more than the entire cost of the Iraq War.
Alternative to auto bail out was to let them fail. Do you think if they failed, no one would ever make another auto in the US??? Let me know the next time you own a private non-union business that gets bailed out you're in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom