• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

I am going to go with the results of "I have no effing clue."

Sad thing is it won't surprise me if next week people are still arguing over how many people were there.

CBS's 96k seems silly, as does the 500k from beck. I would expect it's probably right around the 300k mark that most of the news organizations (and unofficial Park's service count) listed.

By any measure it was a large turnout.

That's the right way to look at it. It was a large amount.

Lotta crowd-size envy these days...

Lotta crowd-size envy these days...

People use it as a form of validity --- if there were a lot of people, then there must be a valid reason. If there were only 10K, it would have been ridiculed and joked about by the absurd media and comedians hosting fake news shows. That there was "a lot" of people there at least shuts up the ridiculers.

The CBS estimate is beyond ridiculous.

There were enough people there to warrant some serious pants ****ting by the Democrats.

The size of the crowd doesn't matter. The validity of the facts does. Beck has already been shown to have lied on more than one occasion, willfully and blatantly.

Well, the hate by the left of Beck continues.

Glenn Beck Assassinated Martin Luther King | RedState

Let's play the "ad hominem" game and count how many names or accusations are made against Beck. He sure must be doing something right to get the progressives all frothy with the gnashing of the teeth and all.

"my crowd is better than your crowd"

The size of the crowd doesn't matter. The validity of the facts does. Beck has already been shown to have lied on more than one occasion, willfully and blatantly.

The size of the crowd does matter. They're all voters and for every one person, there's probably twenty that think the same way.

The size of the crowd does matter. They're all voters and for every one person, there's probably twenty that think the same way.

So by your math and the estimates.

96 000 = 1 920 000 Voters.

300 000 = 6 000 000 Voters.

500 000 = 10 000 000 Voters.

Doesn't seem like a game changer to me.

400k X 20 = 8,000,000 out of a 300,000,000 population. Do you really want to brag that much at this point in time?

There were enough people there to warrant some serious pants ****ting by the Democrats.

I thought Beck said it was about religion and honor, but you're saying politics? Darn I guess Beck lied again!

I thought Beck said it was about religion and honor, but you're saying politics? Darn I guess Beck lied again!

It was non-political. Ask Catz. She lost our bet.

NBC is estimating the crowd at 300,000. I've read several reports that the CBS estimate was laughable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/us/politics/29beck.html?_r=1

Unfortunately no one has been able to find that estimate on the NBC News site. NYT should check there source on that. I believe they were referring to what the permit would allow.

If you have any luck finding where NBC News made that estimate, then please post it.

So by your math and the estimates.

96 000 = 1 920 000 Voters.

300 000 = 6 000 000 Voters.

500 000 = 10 000 000 Voters.

Doesn't seem like a game changer to me.

If you're going to play numbers games, you should guess how many people weren't there, but wanted to be.

Sharptons coming on O'Reilly in a few minutes. Maybe bill will ask him to make a guess.

Sharptons coming on O'Reilly in a few minutes. Maybe bill will ask him to make a guess.

Is petty squabbling about the number of people there how the founders, Jesus Christ, and our military would restore our honor?

There were a lot of people there. Let's move on folks.

Back
Top Bottom