• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck Lies about Flotilla Raid Footage

hazlnut

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
According to Beck:

Nobody but Glenn Beck seems willing to show footage of Israeli commandos getting attacked by clubs during the flotilla raid

Video: Glenn Beck Airs Israeli Raid Footage | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Nobody but CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, and PBS... (a day before Beck)

Stewart brilliantly shows how Beck can't even help lying about the small things. Everything with Beck has to be a twisting of the facts, or a fear-based hyper-partisan attack.

So, if the 'lame-stream' media actually did show the footage, what's that make Beck... a far-right teller of far-fetched partisan tales? Or, as Stewart much more eloquently put it...

"Mr. Beck lives in a cloistered world of paranoid delusion that is impervious to a priori evidence that contradicts his world view."

Translation: He ignore facts that don't support what he already believes. Ignorance is bliss.

Glen Beck told a lie
wait let me act surprised:shock:

lol
I DVR him and listen to him daily but anybody at this point that doesnt think Glen Beck in fact lies at times, is delusional or liar themselves

I am pretty sure that if someone says it on television it has to be true.

Last edited:
Last edited:
According to Beck:

Nobody but Glenn Beck seems willing to show footage of Israeli commandos getting attacked by clubs during the flotilla raid

Video: Glenn Beck Airs Israeli Raid Footage | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Nobody but CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, and PBS... (a day before Beck)

Stewart brilliantly shows how Beck can't even help lying about the small things. Everything with Beck has to be a twisting of the facts, or a fear-based hyper-partisan attack.

So, if the 'lame-stream' media actually did show the footage, what's that make Beck... a far-right teller of far-fetched partisan tales? Or, as Stewart much more eloquently put it...

"Mr. Beck lives in a cloistered world of paranoid delusion that is impervious to a priori evidence that contradicts his world view."

Translation: He ignore facts that don't support what he already believes. Ignorance is bliss.

Yes, yes he did. And Stewart caught him yet again.

I saw this and laughed my ass off.

Would be more surprised if he told the truth..

Whats sad is that so many people walk around thinking Beck is the only "real" newscaster on TV and will take this as "proof"

I don't think it was that Beck lied, I think Beck just naturally assumed no one would cover the story, and lord knows there is no reason to fact check.

I don't think it was that Beck lied, I think Beck just naturally assumed no one would cover the story, and lord knows there is no reason to fact check.

Judging from past performance, he had good reason to believe that, too.

I would agree with that. Lying is not the same as ignorance.

hahahahahaha
yeah when he actually admitted he doesnt fact check i cracked up! like thats an excuse, how could you not in his line of work.
Anyway his show wont change, some lies, some facts lots of opinion and thats fine since he is nothing more than an entertainer. This isnt the first time he lied and most certainly wont be his last, its part of his MO.

Last edited:

He's deliberately perpetuating a false belief that the "other" media is left-leaning--which serves two purposes,1) ginning up the GOP base,2) keeping them suspicious of any story that does not come from Fox.

Beck did this knowingly--meaning his staff is not that stupid, the video had aired on every other network 24 hours prior--they knew. They just counted on their audience not checking it out. It's a deliberate attempt to mislead their audience. It's a lie.

That fact that some members of the Beck audience buy this without question speaks to their intelligence.

[/B]

hahahahahaha
yeah when he actually admitted he doesnt fact check i cracked up! like thats an excuse, how could you not in his line of work.
Anyway his show wont change, some lies, some facts lots of opinion and thats fine since he is nothing more than an entertainer. This isnt the first time he lied and most certainly wont be his last, its part of his MO.

:yt
so very true

He's deliberately perpetuating a false belief that the "other" media is left-leaning--which serves two purposes,1) ginning up the GOP base,2) keeping them suspicious of any story that does not come from Fox.

Beck did this knowingly--meaning his staff is not that stupid, the video had aired on every other network 24 hours prior--they knew. They just counted on their audience not checking it out. It's a deliberate attempt to mislead their audience. It's a lie.

That fact that some members of the Beck audience buy this without question speaks to their intelligence.
:dito:

agree with this too especially since you said "some" has im a member of his audience I just understand what im watching. Entertainment

my friend in israel showed me the video of him talking about it...and he was all like " HE IS AWESOME!" and I told him, I would rather Glenn Beck condem Israel than try and support it and even worse try and explain it...Its..embarrassing...but to his credit its the first time he talks a bit sense without screaming at someone XD

From what I've seen, Glenn was the only one who showed the footage AND explained who was doing the attacking. If his lie was that he thought no one else would show the footage......big deal. I saw it on plenty of other networks, however they didn't elaborate on who was doing the attacking with the pipes or metal bars, whatever they were. In fact they seemed to intentionly lead people to beleive it was the Israels

And people ask me "Why do you say that Beck doesnt keep informed?"

From what I've seen, Glenn was the only one who showed the footage AND explained who was doing the attacking. If his lie was that he thought no one else would show the footage......big deal. I saw it on plenty of other networks, however they didn't elaborate on who was doing the attacking with the pipes or metal bars, whatever they were. In fact they seemed to intentionly lead people to beleive it was the Israels

Uhh, no, literally every other network mentioned in the OP explained what was happening on the tape. Quit trying to spin this bull**** in Beck's favor: He said nobody would show you this and was flat out unambiguously wrong about it. Maybe he just didn't know, but really, you think nobody on his crew watches other networks at all? That he doesn't pay attention to that at all? If anything, that should make you LESS likely to trust what Beck says. A man who just says things without bothering to check if they are true shouldn't be considered a reliable source of information!

Uh... You don't think people realized that the people standing on the boat were the IHH workers and that the people coming in on the choppers were Israelis? You really think people are that stupid?

You don't honestly buy this excuse you just tried to pander, do you?

That's not to say I take a position on Beck. I'm not knowledgeable about him in the least. I just saw this blatant weak sauce attempt at an excuse and it irritated me. I give two craps about Beck or Daily. I do care however, when someone is blatantly making crap up to try to dodge something they should simply acknowledge and move on from.

2 things
1 you are wrong, others did elaborate, even though it was common sense what you were seeing. I'm sure most people didn't think people were repelling onto their own boat?
2 if it is a lie, its a lie none the less and its just more proof that he does lie at times, so that's the big deal. Overall in general I agree its no big deal because I understand Beck lies and he is entertainment. But for the people that act like he never lies this is just one of many examples that he does and this makes it a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom