• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck launches online University

Hey cool... Yet another couple of Leftists trying to pawn themselves off as Moderate, Centrist, Main-stream independents... Funny stuff.

Meh I don't know if I would consider myself a leftist. Probably center-left, if that.

Now this would have been a MARVELOUS opportunity for the member to have presented an intellectually sound, logically valid argument which demonstrates precisely HOW any of Beck's arguments represent revisionism.

Naturally, as a Progressive and self proclaimed 'liberal'... while implying that such is a fact, they're HELPLESS to actually offer any evidence of such, let alone an actual argument.

Deceit and fraud... It's who and what they are.
Glenn Beck and David Barton claim the Aitken Bible was commission by Congress for use in schools. It wasn't. This fantasy is done to show that the Bible was taken out of the schools - it wasn't, it wasn't ever there.

BTW, I see you are a self-proclaimed "Undisclosed." :mrgreen:

Yes, the video you posted showed him fake crying because he was DOING A PHOTO SHOOT MAKING FUN OF HIMSELF BEING EMOTIONAL. To conclude that every time he cries he's being fake just because of a photo shoot is beyond ridiculous.

That video maybe. But in actually videos of him during his show it looks fake which leads to his criticisms. I laughed whenever I saw him cry because it was fairly obvious how fake it was.

Glenn Beck and David Barton claim the Aitken Bible was commission by Congress for use in schools. It wasn't. This fantasy is done to show that the Bible was taken out of the schools - it wasn't, it wasn't ever there.

We've been over this forever.

Congress KNEW Aitken wanted to publish it for the use in schools. Congress APPROVED the publishing of the Bible and also approved of whatever Aitken wanted to do with it. And yes, the Bible was used in schools, dear.

I don't think it's unfair at all, the video I posted speaks for itself. I've seen many things he has done to President misrepresent Obama that's its not a stretch to believe he misrepresents himself. For example, on Constitution Day 2009 he showed a video that makes it sound as though he hates the Constitution. He did this by editing a 2001 Chicago radio discussion. Needless to say, Beck gutted the conversation.

There's no evidence of beck being disengenuous in that video. He's faking crying for a photo-shoot... And Beck has NEVER misrepresented anything that the BOY-King has said and I challenge you here and now to post the evidence on which your assertion SPECIFICALLY STANDS or forever accept that you've exposed yourself as a lying fool for having suggested as much.

You're an ignoramous of first order.

The Bible was the core curriculum of the US and was the only book which many US school children ever experienced during the early years. The recent Biography of John Adams by David McCullough speaks to this at length. So where this is what you've to offer by way of evidence, what you've managed here, is to demonstrate that Progressivism is lie in it's entirety and a lie of the damnable variety.

ROFLMNAO... You people are a freakin' menace.

Now this would have been a MARVELOUS opportunity for the member to have presented an intellectually sound, logically valid argument which demonstrates precisely HOW any of Beck's arguments represent revisionism.

Naturally, as a Progressive and self proclaimed 'liberal'... while implying that such is a fact, they're HELPLESS to actually offer any evidence of such, let alone an actual argument.

Deceit and fraud... It's who and what they are.

It's funny how someone who follows the master of accusation, generalization, and conspiracy demand any sort of "intellectually sound, logically valid argument" from anybody.

Especially when you make the wild accusation (which is totally demanding an "intellectually sound, logically valid argument") that anybody who might happen to dislike or not agree with Beck are "Leftists trying to pawn themselves off as Moderate, Centrist, Main-stream independents."

You should seek to educate yourselves on other points of view other then yourself. You clearly lack that knowledge.

Pub, what about me? Care to explain how I'm a leftist or would you just like to apologize? :)

It's funny how someone who follows the master of accusation, generalization, and conspiracy demand any sort of "intellectually sound, logically valid argument" from anybody.

Especially when you make the wild accusation (which is totally demanding an "intellectually sound, logically valid argument") that anybody who might happen to dislike or not agree with Beck are "Leftists trying to pawn themselves off as Moderate, Centrist, Main-stream independents."

You should seek to educate yourselves on other points of view other then yourself. You clearly lack that knowledge.
There's no doubt that people are gullible. If people like Hitler, Kim Jung-il, and Jim Jones* can convince masses to believe their "shtick," than it's easy for someone like Beck to convince loyal viewers of a lot, especially considering he's a media figure. It's easy to feed the mind when a seed has been planted, and from what I have seen, Beck is a master of contorting a happening to suit it the way he sees fit.

* In no way shape or form I am saying that Glenn is as rotten as the three that I mentioned. All I'm saying is that he uses the same techniques to manipulate people.

There's no doubt that people are gullible. If people like Hitler, Kim Jung-il, and Jim Jones* can convince masses to believe their "shtick," than it's easy for someone like Beck to convince loyal viewers of a lot, especially considering he's a media figure. It's easy to feed the mind when a seed has been planted, and from what I have seen, Beck is a master of contorting a happening to suit it the way he sees fit.

* In no way shape or form I am saying that Glenn is as rotten as the three that I mentioned. All I'm saying is that he uses the same techniques to manipulate people.

What Beck does is he starts with a known fact, then he starts extrapolating in the the outrageous, then he "makes jokes" based on that. What his true believers take away is the joke, seeing it as real, all the while having plausible reliability that Beck did not really mean it. Rush is better at it, but Beck is pretty good.

What Beck does is he starts with a known fact, then he starts extrapolating in the the outrageous, then he "makes jokes" based on that. What his true believers take away is the joke, seeing it as real, all the while having plausible reliability that Beck did not really mean it. Rush is better at it, but Beck is pretty good.

Example, please.

That was by far his greatest and funniest episode yet. Sadly for him Colbert beat him at it.

But it proves the point, he puts his message in this form which gives him plausible deniability yet the message he wants is still communicated. In this case it is "democrats will destroy the economy"

But it proves the point, he puts his message in this form which gives him plausible deniability yet the message he wants is still communicated. In this case it is "democrats will destroy the economy"

The man gets his ratings and does a fine job. He's quite the artist in his trade if you ask me.

Yeah I know, but I still found the episode so funny. If he didn't exaggerate everything so much I doubt people would dismiss a lot of what he says so quickly.

While working at WPGC, Beck met his first wife, Claire.[16] The couple married and had two daughters, Mary and Hannah; Mary was born in 1988 with cerebral palsy, the result of a series of strokes at birth.[16] The couple divorced in 1994 amid Beck's struggles with substance abuse. Along with being a recovering alcoholic and drug addict,[17] Beck has been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.[18][19] He cites the help of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) in his sobriety and attended his first AA meeting in November 1994, the month he states he stopped drinking alcohol and smoking cannabis.[18]

In 1996, while working for a New Haven-area radio station, Beck was admitted to Yale University through a special program for non-traditional students. Beck took one theology class, "Early Christology," and then dropped out.[18][20]

In 1999, Beck married his second wife, Tania.[18] They joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in October 1999, partly at the urging of his daughter Mary.[21][22] The couple has two children, Raphe (who is adopted) and Cheyenne. Beck lives in Connecticut with his wife and four children.[23]

Glenn Beck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What better qualifications could he have to teach?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom