• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck is a jerk

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
...if you're a Leftist and tired of him repeatedly exposing the hard left.

Like this bit of fine work...

Once again, nice work Glenn.

This ass-clown didnt expose anything. Once again he does the same 'hard core" reporting we do on this forum. We look at other sites like YouTube. Except Beck of course puts his spin on everything he touches to please his bosses. Gee... thanks Glenn Beck for.... nothing. :roll:
Beck is TWICE as bad as Rachael Maddow. Frankly anyone that watches him for any serious journalism is a person I do not respect politically. Think for yourselves people! Quit listening to these Wingnuts!

The extreme left tea partiers? The progressive right?? nah

However, everywhere people will try to misrepresent. Good for them for kicking that KKK guy out of there! I have personally seen racist teapartiers, sadly part of my family, but I don't think all of them are. And I am all for any person or group that rejects that kind of BS even if I don't see eye to with them politically.

But the rejection is not always the case. I think people think teapartiers are racist because they have seen elements of it in their every day life from people they know. I think that KKK guy felt okay going there because of the elements of racism that he has seen. I think it is fantastic that he was rejected by the people taking the video.

However, everywhere people will try to misrepresent. Good for them for kicking that KKK guy out of there! I have personally seen racist teapartiers, sadly part of my family, but I don't think all of them are. And I am all for any person or group that rejects that kind of BS even if I don't see eye to with them politically.

But the rejection is not always the case. I think people think teapartiers are racist because they have seen elements of it in their every day life from people they know. I think that KKK guy felt okay going there because of the elements of racism that he has seen. I think it is fantastic that he was rejected by the people taking the video.

I'm surprised no one has found out who he is and see if he really is a racist or just someone acting to try to make the tea party look bad.

This ass-clown didnt expose anything. Once again he does the same 'hard core" reporting we do on this forum. We look at other sites like YouTube. Except Beck of course puts his spin on everything he touches to please his bosses. Gee... thanks Glenn Beck for.... nothing. :roll:
Beck is TWICE as bad as Rachael Maddow. Frankly anyone that watches him for any serious journalism is a person I do not respect politically. Think for yourselves people! Quit listening to these Wingnuts!
Did everyone know Podesta was running the crew that produced that crap?
Did everyone know Obi is consulting with Podesta?
Would the public have consumed that Podesta Puke without Beck calling it out?

I think Beck does what Beck does.
It's why they hired him after his CNN stint.

Sure you have... lmmfao

What he's really good at exposing (unintentional) is how people who lack critical thinking skills can be easily fooled into believing anything.

Also, he's exposed a basic need for high schools to strengthen their U.S. History and Civics curriculums -- his entire audience seems to have a void in their heads where he can pour the dark-red KKKool aide version of things like the New Deal, WW II, and progressivism.

He allows racism to rear it's ugly head under the guise of dissent. Very sad.

"you create a villain you surround him with horrible imagery and hope the audience associates them with the surrounding content"

Because Glenn Beck does not do this.

What he's really good at exposing (unintentional) is how people who lack critical thinking skills can be easily fooled into believing anything.

Also, he's exposed a basic need for high schools to strengthen their U.S. History and Civics curriculums -- his entire audience seems to have a void in their heads where he can pour the dark-red KKKool aide version of things like the New Deal, WW II, and progressivism.

I read the post without noting the poster, and when I got to the race charges I figured it was you.

You'd see racism in a society devoid of light.

I really don't like Glenn Beck and I can discuss that at length when the time is right, but let me say this: there is a difference between the "hard left" and "leftists" and the liberal media. MSNBC will frequently take stories and put a spin on them to appeal to liberals who want to believe that the tea party is a hard right racist faction, and Beck is right to dispute these claims. I think that there are racist members of the tea party but I don't think this racism is any more prominent within their ranks than it is within any other large group of activists. If it were up to me, MSNBC would never run a story about tea party racism again. Also, if it were up to me, Fox News would never run another story about the New Black Panthers again. They made a big deal out of their leader's comments about "killing crackers" or whatever... so what? He's some guy who's racist and fronts a racist group, but he doesn't represent liberals in any way shape or form, just as the people holding up ultra-racist signs at tea party rallies don't represent conservatives.

I guess what I'm saying is that the media has chosen to pit the pot and the kettle against each other because that's more interesting, but it's also innacurate and makes everybody angry. Then you have all these partisan Democrats ignoring the valid points of the tea party movement (limited federal government and spending) and you have Republicans constantly equating liberalism with overly partisan leftists. I often find that the most partisan Democrats are actually the most centrist Democrats. Beck and Olbermann can sit around and talk about who's more racist, but I'm not going to get suckered into that debate and my advice to you is that you shouldn't either.

The real problem is Beck actually believes all this crap he's talking about. He's too dumb to make things up.

Take things as they are, not as they could or should be.

ricksfolly

Did everyone know Podesta was running the crew that produced that crap?
Did everyone know Obi is consulting with Podesta?
Would the public have consumed that Podesta Puke without Beck calling it out?

I think Beck does what Beck does.
It's why they hired him after his CNN stint.

Look.... by now we should ALL know that the parties are much more similar than they are different. That is until folks start listening to Party Wingnuts / Salespeople.
The truth is the republican party lies, deceives and will do nearly anything to get elected into power. The truth is democratic party lies, deceives and will do nearly anything to get elected into power. Plus....... STAY in power. Be objective the next time you listen to Hannitys radio show. Listen to the 100% democrat = evil, unamerican, bad spewing out of his mouth. He is there to convince you and everyone else. He is a high profile salesman. Nothing more.

Lets just cut the crap. Pay attention to their voting records. Pay attention to what these politicians do and say and act. No more falling for advertisements.

I'm not sure why Think Progress included this in their video, maybe it's because it looks to them exactly what looks like to me, a poor acting job. In my opinion, this was a production by Andrew Breitbart.

1) How is he a racist? Or is that just the old Liberal standby when you have no other retort?

2) Which parts of the New Deal and Progressiveism did he get wrong?

Looking forward to your response.

Also, if it were up to me, Fox News would never run another story about the New Black Panthers again. They made a big deal out of their leader's comments about "killing crackers" or whatever... so what? He's some guy who's racist and fronts a racist group, but he doesn't represent liberals in any way shape or form, just as the people holding up ultra-racist signs at tea party rallies don't represent conservatives.
Problem here is the NBP were facing charges and they were dropped.

and you have Republicans constantly equating liberalism with overly partisan leftists.
Well, excuse me but look at the Democrat leadership and their behavior. These people are far left, and have slammed through their agenda with payoffs, without reading bills that effect 7% of the economy, won't cut taxes to stimulate the economy, but will spend trillions where they think it's necessary instead of the market deciding... and have in Obi... someone who wants to "change" America.

I often find that the most partisan Democrats are actually the most centrist Democrats. Beck and Olbermann can sit around and talk about who's more racist, but I'm not going to get suckered into that debate and my advice to you is that you shouldn't either.
I have watched both Olbermann and Beck about the same amount of time, and didn't realize they had a feud. I find the most partisan Dems are far, far left... and they run the party... how else do you get supposed Blue Dawgs voting to pass that heathcare mess?

Look.... by now we should ALL know that the parties are much more similar than they are different. That is until folks start listening to Party Wingnuts / Salespeople.
The truth is the republican party lies, deceives and will do nearly anything to get elected into power. The truth is democratic party lies, deceives and will do nearly anything to get elected into power. Plus....... STAY in power. Be objective the next time you listen to Hannitys radio show. Listen to the 100% democrat = evil, unamerican, bad spewing out of his mouth. He is there to convince you and everyone else. He is a high profile salesman. Nothing more.

Lets just cut the crap. Pay attention to their voting records. Pay attention to what these politicians do and say and act. No more falling for advertisements.

In bold... precisely... just look at where the votes fell on healthcare, a bill not known by those voting on it.
Let's see how Gitmo is going?

Trials for terrosists in NYC.

Black Panthers get a "Get Out of Jail Free" card.

Obi's handling the Gulf Oil Spill?

Our international relations; especially with our enemies.

How is our economy, and what blarney have we had to listen to???... "jobs saved" BS.

AZ Immigration; hostility to enforcing Federal law, and hostile to allowing states to enforce federal law with laws mirroring federal law.

Obi's quick condemnation of police in Cambridge.

Unemployment is high, and Obi's promise about the stimulus busted.

Of course we keep hearing from him it's Bush's fault... because his solutions aren't. His "solutions" fail everywhere over the long haul, and his hostility to business is palpable; which keeps investors playing very conservatively.

If you want to cut the crap, Obi is abysmal... not because Hannity, Beck or Rush reveal his incompetence and hostility to this nation 5-days a week, but because he is an incompetent. He has no executive experience, his ideas are harmful, his foreign policy is naive and it is all on record now. He now has a public record... he didn't like his old one, the press didn't either and they gave him a pass.

Obi's record, who he is... is obvious... "bitter clingers", "spread the wealth around", "police acted stupidly", "tea baggers", "We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72"... and of course his time at the feet of his mentor Wright, or working with Ayers on "education".

And we should accept this man as an honest broker? "Hope and Change you can believe in"? ROTFLOL... he's hostile to this nation and it shows.

Thank God some people are reporting it, and the difference between what the public was sold, voted on, and how he has handled himself is a disconnect of fraudulent proportions. He is precisely the man with the radical past right wingers were warning others about. Unfortunately that message didn't get out in the wave of emotion over the fine telepromteur reading radical.

When you get the endorsement and jubilation from Saul Alinsky's son... a political neophyte can come to understand what Obi is all about.

Last edited:
I like how Glenn Beck uses long pauses, makes a smugness with his mouth, and wears black trim non-prescription glasses when he is making a point. You know what I also like? How Glenn Beck is always talking up gold as a good investment but he endorses a gold company that might as well be selling you piss in a bag.

In bold... precisely... just look at where the votes fell on healthcare, a bill not known by those voting on it.
Let's see how Gitmo is going?

Trials for terrosists in NYC.

Black Panthers get a "Get Out of Jail Free" card.

Obi's handling the Gulf Oil Spill?

Our international relations; especially with our enemies.

How is our economy, and what blarney have we had to listen to???... "jobs saved" BS.

AZ Immigration; hostility to enforcing Federal law, and hostile to allowing states to enforce federal law with laws mirroring federal law.

Obi's quick condemnation of police in Cambridge.

Unemployment is high, and Obi's promise about the stimulus busted.

Of course we keep hearing from him it's Bush's fault... because his solutions aren't. His "solutions" fail everywhere over the long haul, and his hostility to business is palpable; which keeps investors playing very conservatively.

If you want to cut the crap, Obi is abysmal... not because Hannity, Beck or Rush reveal his incompetence and hostility to this nation 5-days a week, but because he is an incompetent. He has no executive experience, his ideas are harmful, his foreign policy is naive and it is all on record now. He now has a public record... he didn't like his old one, the press didn't either and they gave him a pass.

Obi's record, who he is... is obvious... "bitter clingers", "spread the wealth around", "police acted stupidly", "tea baggers", "We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72"... and of course his time at the feet of his mentor Wright, or working with Ayers on "education".

And we should accept this man as an honest broker? "Hope and Change you can believe in"? ROTFLOL... he's hostile to this nation and it shows.

Thank God some people are reporting it, and the difference between what the public was sold, voted on, and how he has handled himself is a disconnect of fraudulent proportions. He is precisely the man with the radical past right wingers were warning others about. Unfortunately that message didn't get out in the wave of emotion over the fine telepromteur reading radical.

When you get the endorsement and jubilation from Saul Alinsky's son... a political neophyte can come to understand what Obi is all about.

Um, are you living in some alternate reality where Obi Wan Kenobi was elected president?

g778592_050504_obiWanKenobi_hmed_11a.hmedium.jpg

I like how Glenn Beck uses long pauses, makes a smugness with his mouth, and wears black trim non-prescription glasses when he is making a point. You know what I also like? How Glenn Beck is always talking up gold as a good investment but he endorses a gold company that might as well be selling you piss in a bag.

You mean the Gold company that has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau?

You mean the Gold company that has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau?

this one:

Goldline International is under investigation by the Santa Monica City Attorney’s office, jointly with the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office, as well as being the subject of a separate investigation by Congress into the possible criminal practices. The firm has been the subject of an ABC Nightline News exposé, as well as an investigation by NY Congressman Weiner.

Jess Bachman, who did several of the fantastic illustrations for Bailout Nation, turns his graphic expertise to the Glenn Beck/Goldline endorsement scheme...

lol.

Gold - Glenn Beck-endorsed gold company busted for shady practices

Well, excuse me but look at the Democrat leadership and their behavior. These people are far left, and have slammed through their agenda with payoffs, without reading bills that effect 7% of the economy, won't cut taxes to stimulate the economy, but will spend trillions where they think it's necessary instead of the market deciding... and have in Obi... someone who wants to "change" America.

I have watched both Olbermann and Beck about the same amount of time, and didn't realize they had a feud. I find the most partisan Dems are far, far left... and they run the party... how else do you get supposed Blue Dawgs voting to pass that heathcare mess?

The health care bill that doesn't have a public option? The only tax increase that will occur is the de facto increase caused by the expiration of the bush tax cuts. No increase in minimum wage. No timetable to pull out of Aghanistan. No reform of the NSA or the tactics of our military abroad. No social security reform. No welfare reform. No education reform. No abandonment of no child left behind. Our leaders continue to vote in favor of major corporations like Comcast. The supreme court recently ruled to change campaign finance laws forever regarding corporate interests.

Liberal? I'm not sure that you know what liberalism is.

The only thing you got about right in this thread Zimmer is the thread title.

I cannot fathom anyone taking anything that Beck says without a grain boulder of salt.

The only thing you got about right in this thread Zimmer is the thread title.

I cannot fathom anyone taking anything that Beck says without a grain boulder of salt.

You keep telling people that, while the rest of us learn just how dangerous you progressives are.

And don't do anything logical, like addressing what he actually presents... just keep on launching the personal attacks. It's exactly what we expect.

Back
Top Bottom