• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck Goldline Ripoff

I'm sorry....

If a person is buying ANYTHING for $1,000 and thinks that the company they purchased from made little to zero profit and their purchase is pretty much worth what they paid for, they're pretty darn ignorant.

It's up to the customer to shop around, compare prices, research the product and buy if they wish. If you're too stupid to do those things and just blindly buy anything anyone sells, that's not the companies' fault.

I would suggest the endoser of said product should lose credibility in the eyes of his/her supporters though

If a person has built his/her career on appearing honest forthcoming and generally being a overall standup person, endorsing a products whose intent is to rip off its customers (which this is) then that person should suiffer a severe loss in credibility.

I dont begrudge Goldline or Beck making money from scamming customers, I just think the morons who by Goldmine because Beck endored it (becauise of his reputation should perhaps look at the person doing the endorsing in a different light

I would suggest the endoser of said product should lose credibility in the eyes of his/her supporters though

If a person has built his/her career on appearing honest forthcoming and generally being a overall standup person, endorsing a products whose intent is to rip off its customers (which this is) then that person should suiffer a severe loss in credibility.

I dont begrudge Goldline or Beck making money from scamming customers, I just think the morons who by Goldmine because Beck endored it (becauise of his reputation should perhaps look at the person doing the endorsing in a different light

Well put, Lord Tammerlain, but probably lost on the Beck faithful. The other part they seem quite willing to overlook, is exactly what Mr Beck must actually think of his "flock" if he's happily participating in scamming them for his own personal gain. Watching them defend his "shearing" of them, must be like sweet icing on the cake.

Well put, Lord Tammerlain, but probably lost on the Beck faithful. The other part they seem quite willing to overlook, is exactly what Mr Beck must actually think of his "flock" if he's happily participating in scamming them for his own personal gain. Watching them defend his "shearing" of them, must be like sweet icing on the cake.

I don't even like Glen Beck, so I'm not defending him. But I do defend celebrity endorsements -- and laugh at the gullibility of the American people who listen to them. That's what this is -- celebrity sponsor endorsement. We are such gullible fools. Anyone who doesn't understand that investing in GOLD is different than investing for numismatic value is just too naive to be investing in gold at ALL. Mellie's right on target. I'm with her.

And WHY, may I ask, is CONGRESS holding hearings about it? Don't we have regulatory agencies that deal with false advertising? What's Congress got it's nose in it for? That, to me, is the REAL question.

And WHY, may I ask, is CONGRESS holding hearings about it? Don't we have regulatory agencies that deal with false advertising? What's Congress got it's nose in it for? That, to me, is the REAL question.

Vauge answered that question in post #30. To which i would add, Rep Weiner has an obligation to go after fraud being perpetrated on his constituents when it's brought to his attention. Does Beck's show air in Rep Weiner's district or does it not? Just because YOU may accept that it's ok to defraud people as long as it's your guy doing it, doesn't mean the rest of us have to.

I have never watched Glen Beck, and still think this is a lot about nothing.

What it is about is the WH trying to discredit Glenn Beck and Fox News by going after one of their major sponsors.
Conservative talk radio also has Goldline as a sponsor.
Two things this administration hates above all else. Fox and conservative talk radio.
It's nothing to do with protecting consumers.
Even Ripoff.com gives goldline high ratings.
That's where a lot of people will look before making purchases. Is this administration going to go after them for advocating for goldline?

I'm failing to see what the "con" is.

Your failure to see it does not negate goldline being a con. Did you watch the video? Why this is a con was explained in there.

Are you kidding? Glenn Beck makes millions, he can afford to buy some coins so he can say he did.

So again....he's scamming himself?

Interesting how they chose Goldline to go after and NONE of the other gold companies. Now why wuld they do that? Hmmmmm....

What it is about is the WH trying to discredit Glenn Beck and Fox News by going after one of their major sponsors.

I think that almost certainly the case. There are a LOT of companies that charge their customers more then a product is actually worth. Cash4Gold greatly underpays their customers for the gold the company purchases from them. None of those other companies are being investigated by congress.

Maybe Weiner sees some benefit in getting the left all riled up against a common political foe. Maybe he just wants to discredit the right... Who knows.

Vauge answered that question in post #30. To which i would add, Rep Weiner has an obligation to go after fraud being perpetrated on his constituents when it's brought to his attention. Does Beck's show air in Rep Weiner's district or does it not? Just because YOU may accept that it's ok to defraud people as long as it's your guy doing it, doesn't mean the rest of us have to.

What about, "I don't even like Glenn Beck," don't you understand? Read it again slowly. He is not "my guy." As to why Congress is holding hearings, I agree with Vauge. Nothing more than political grandstanding. People who think Congress should waste their freaking time holding hearings about commercials on television are fools. That's why our country's in the mess it's in. Too many fools. Uncola.

I am so sick and tired of the typical Liberal Mindset. Liberals must be very closed minded, as they put all Conservatives in the same box. Most Conservatives are not fools. We don't spend all day taking potshots are cartoon characters on Fox News.

I don't even like Glen Beck, so I'm not defending him. But I do defend celebrity endorsements -- and laugh at the gullibility of the American people who listen to them. That's what this is -- celebrity sponsor endorsement. We are such gullible fools. Anyone who doesn't understand that investing in GOLD is different than investing for numismatic value is just too naive to be investing in gold at ALL.

That's true, But please watch the following ad and tell me what Glenn Beck is recommending. Remember this is the guy who his listeners/viewers trust.

That's true, But please watch the following ad and tell me what Glenn Beck is recommending. Remember this is the guy who his listeners/viewers trust.
Celebrities endorse and advertise for all kinds of quaestionable companies and products, are they all being subjected to congressional hearings?

Geeze, think of all the celebrities that endorsed Obama. They should all be investigated, IMO.

Last edited:
Your failure to see it does not negate goldline being a con. Did you watch the video? Why this is a con was explained in there.

It is not a con. YOU explain why, as I saw nothing in the video to indicate it was a con. People need to know what they're buying. Gold is around $1300 an ounce. If someone is buying gold for GOLD, that's what they'll pay. If they're buying numismatic COINS with gold in them, they're not investing in GOLD. They're investing in the hopeful value of a collectible. Think Beanie Babies. There's a sucker born every minute. The panel zeroed in on FDR's confiscation of gold in 1933. Big deal. That wasn't a lie. These people who were taken advantage of would probably reply to Nigerian emails. They're idiots with money.

Wow, that glenn beck is smoother than I thought.

It is not a con. YOU explain why, as I saw nothing in the video to indicate it was a con. People need to know what they're buying. Gold is around $1300 an ounce. If someone is buying gold for GOLD, that's what they'll pay. If they're buying numismatic COINS with gold in them, they're not investing in GOLD. They're investing in the hopeful value of a collectible. Think Beanie Babies. There's a sucker born every minute. The panel zeroed in on FDR's confiscation of gold in 1933. Big deal. That wasn't a lie. These people who were taken advantage of would probably reply to Nigerian emails. They're idiots with money.

Watch the video I posted above, at :50 he starts fear mongering that Washington may come and take your gold (like FDR did in 1933) - so it's better to buy antique coins. This while he speaks about inflation and using gold in his program as a hedge against it.

There's still a premium. Some companies have a markup like this for gold 'bullion':

1oz Gold Bullion Wafer

The average person would probably do better buying gold stocks, or, potentially even better than that, gold mining stocks.

What about, "I don't even like Glenn Beck," don't you understand? Read it again slowly. He is not "my guy." As to why Congress is holding hearings, I agree with Vauge. Nothing more than political grandstanding. People who think Congress should waste their freaking time holding hearings about commercials on television are fools. That's why our country's in the mess it's in. Too many fools. Uncola.

I am so sick and tired of the typical Liberal Mindset. Liberals must be very closed minded, as they put all Conservatives in the same box. Most Conservatives are not fools. We don't spend all day taking potshots are cartoon characters on Fox News.

Well he's not Florence Henderson. For some reason I cannot comprehend, he has a huge audience who honestly believes he would not represent a company that's basically running a con. They are going after Gold-line simply because Glenn Beck made them sound so good and used fear and intimadation to do it.

The bolded bit above; you don't see that sentence as being the least bit ironic? Generalize much?

Interesting how they chose Goldline to go after and NONE of the other gold companies. Now why wuld they do that? Hmmmmm....

Because it seems like Goldline is the worst offender? Congressional hearing are probably held for multi-billion dollar scam artists, but I doubt your average Vegas scammer gets his own Congressional Hearing also.

I has to do with how big the impact of the scam is, easy as that.

I think you're incredibly naive if you really think Weiner, et. al. are really concerned about conservatives over-spending on gold.

Goldline is one of the main sponsors of the Glenn Beck Program. They HATE the guy. They've tried the boycott thing, he just got more popular. They tried to insinuate the Restoring Honor Rally would be disrespectful and racist and they were wrong again. Now they're trying to discredit one of his main sponsors.

It's not that hard to see. They're doing anything they can to "get" Glenn Beck. I would love to be a fly on the wall at the White House when they're talking about him..... :)

I think you're incredibly naive if you really think Weiner, et. al. are really concerned about conservatives over-spending on gold.

Goldline is one of the main sponsors of the Glenn Beck Program. They HATE the guy. They've tried the boycott thing, he just got more popular. They tried to insinuate the Restoring Honor Rally would be disrespectful and racist and they were wrong again. Now they're trying to discredit one of his main sponsors.

It's not that hard to see. They're doing anything they can to "get" Glenn Beck. I would love to be a fly on the wall at the White House when they're talking about him..... :)

You have GOT to be ****ing kidding me. Now he's a martyr?

Oy.

Maybe because they are dishonestly ripping people off?

9848.gif
That's an increible accusation Mellie. :roll: You've got it bad.

Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck....

And furthermore...

Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck Beck....

Broken record... Ya think?

Back
Top Bottom