• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck Does Not Oppose Gay Marriage

if you don't believe he does this for the money i'd have to say you're mistaken. maintaining recovery, though, is always admirable. but please don't pretend that recovering alcoholics are saints.

Of course he does his job to make money. You do too.

If he wanted to lose money, he'd do the things you, Hoplite and other accuse him of.

Since I'm the one who told you to check PolitiFact. Yes.

How does it not help my case? You claimed he was lying that the security note was there and he wasn't.
The link doesnt mention the security note at all

The link doesnt mention the security note at all

I'm sorry. You must not have searched very hard at all.

Here's the true part: The Department of Transportation confirmed the language was on the cars.gov Web site, but on Aug. 3 it was removed. The DOT released this statement to PolitiFact: "A security warning on the CARS.gov dealer support page that stated computers logged into the system were considered property of the Federal Government has been removed. We are working to revise the language. The language was posted on the portion of the website accessible by car dealers and not the general public."

PolitiFact | On Glenn Beck's Fox News program, Guilfoyle claims government's Cash for Clunkers Web site would give government complete access to your home computer

I'm sorry. You must not have searched very hard at all.

Here's the true part: The Department of Transportation confirmed the language was on the cars.gov Web site, but on Aug. 3 it was removed. The DOT released this statement to PolitiFact: "A security warning on the CARS.gov dealer support page that stated computers logged into the system were considered property of the Federal Government has been removed. We are working to revise the language. The language was posted on the portion of the website accessible by car dealers and not the general public."

PolitiFact | On Glenn Beck's Fox News program, Guilfoyle claims government's Cash for Clunkers Web site would give government complete access to your home computer
I searched for Glenn Beck and I linked you to what came up

From the link
"It would be factually inaccurate to say that any computer that went to cars.gov would become the property of the U.S. government," said Sasha Johnson, a DOT spokeswoman said."

So it would appear as though my earlier statement was incorrect, that was my error.

However, the above quote should be noted and it should also be noted that Beck never mentions this, either in his initial piece or on the follow-up. While I do agree that Beck did not directly lie, he committed a lie-by-omission.

:doh

No use .................

Do you agree that a lie by omission is still a lie?

I agree that intentionally leaving something out to be deceptive is wrong.

I agree that intentionally leaving something out to be deceptive is wrong.
"Leaving something out to be deceptive" is the definition of a lie by omission.

Beck knew that the EULA for the website did not include the average user and yet he made no attempt to stop his guest from strongly insinuating that it did. Now, either he didnt know, in which case he is STUNNINGLY incompetent. Or he DID know, and didnt say anything. Beck runs a successful media empire, the man has made a career out of his acting like he does even though he doesnt really believe it himself. I have a hard time believing that a man capable of suckering millions of people out of their money is that stupid, but I've been wrong before.

Either way, I feel perfectly justified in heaping scorn on the man for it.

On a related note, I find it more abhorrent that Beck lies to his audience about himself. His entire shtick is an act and he's said as much; he doesn't care about politics, it's all about the money. Fudging the meaning of a EULA to support your point is a minor irritation in the grand scheme of things. Acting like the public's trained monkey for money, that's a whole different ballpark.

I'm sorry....how is it that you know he doesn't believe what he says?

I'm sorry....how is it that you know he doesn't believe what he says?
Because he told us

[video]http://www.debatepolitics.com/general-political-discussion/79018-glenn-beck-forbes-interview.html[/video]

Because he told us

[video]http://www.debatepolitics.com/general-political-discussion/79018-glenn-beck-forbes-interview.html[/video]

These guys will help you build branding

The Richards Group: A Branding and Full Service Advertising ...
The Richards Group is a Dallas-based branding and full service advertising agency offering a full range of advertising, marketing and interactive solutions.
The Richards Group: A Branding and Full Service Advertising & Marketing Agency - Cached - Similar

Personally I think being branded hurts. I've seen several cattle go through it and I do not think they liked it.

Because he told us

Yes, he told us on his radio show too...(this would be the context to the edited version of the interview in Forbes):

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - You're Being Set Up, America

If you've been a long time viewer of this show and listener of my radio show, then you remember a time when the show was based in comedy. We looked at the news of the day and tried to get a point across in the funniest way possible. Today is a different story. The show is now about as funny as smallpox.

Recently, I got all kinds of heat for telling Forbes magazine that my company is an entertainment company. But they only printed half the quote. The rest of the quote was about how I very much believe the republic is on fire, I just don't think the best way to solve it is with a cartoon dog carrying a fire hose....

Glenn always says he "doesn't give a flying crap" about things. His show isn't focused on politics like Hannity's show. It's about the principles that made this country great. His 8/28 rally isn't about politics, the 8/27 meeting the night before is about bringing all the religions together as one to help our country (he personally wrote the check to rent the Kennedy Center for that night...again, not political) and the 9/12 movement which started it all has nothing to do with politics.

His show is entertainment and serious stuff, although it's mostly serious nowadays. But yes, they are an entertainment company as well as (the part Forbes left out) a group of people who are concerned about the direction of our country.

Yes, he told us on his radio show too...(this would be the context to the edited version of the interview in Forbes):

If you've been a long time viewer of this show and listener of my radio show, then you remember a time when the show was based in comedy. We looked at the news of the day and tried to get a point across in the funniest way possible. Today is a different story. The show is now about as funny as smallpox.

Recently, I got all kinds of heat for telling Forbes magazine that my company is an entertainment company. But they only printed half the quote. The rest of the quote was about how I very much believe the republic is on fire, I just don't think the best way to solve it is with a cartoon dog carrying a fire hose....

Glenn always says he "doesn't give a flying crap" about things. His show isn't focused on politics like Hannity's show. It's about the principles that made this country great. His 8/28 rally isn't about politics, the 8/27 meeting the night before is about bringing all the religions together as one to help our country (he personally wrote the check to rent the Kennedy Center for that night...again, not political) and the 9/12 movement which started it all has nothing to do with politics.

His show is entertainment and serious stuff, although it's mostly serious nowadays. But yes, they are an entertainment company as well as (the part Forbes left out) a group of people who are concerned about the direction of our country.

So what the heck is he doing on a self proclaimed news channel?

Which doesnt address his comments during the video interview that support the quote that FORBES published.

Which doesnt address his comments during the video interview that support the quote that FORBES published.

What video? What comments?

Helps if you, y'know, actually read the thread I posted. Watch the interview.

I assumed you were talking about the "flying crap about politics" and "entertainment company" comments. Can you be specific about what comments you're interested in talking about?

Back
Top Bottom