• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck Does Not Oppose Gay Marriage

I know I'll probably regret getting into this because I know how much he is hated and believed to be a liar and in it for the money and ratings and will just say anything.. but here goes.

Glenn Beck is a recovering alcoholic. He's a member of AA. I'm not doing anything wrong by saying this. He has outed himself on the radio and TV. To my best guess I'd say he's been sober at least 17 yrs. He wouldn't be sober if he wasn't following the program. AA is a program of honesty. You really can't be a liar and stay sober when you're an alcoholic.
When he starts lying he'll soon be back being a sleezball and a drunk.
I can tell he works the steps on a regular basis and I believe everything he says, or I believe he believes it.
Make fun of me if you want, I don't really care. I just feel like sticking up for a fellow alchoholic.
Being a recovering alcoholic does not make you immune from becoming an asshole. If lying is an indication of drinking, then Beck must've fallen off the wagon a looooong time ago.

Im curious why you seem to want to stretch so far to protect those you agree with AND to slander those you disagree with, it's a consistent pattern I see in your posts.

Being a recovering alcoholic does not make you immune from becoming an asshole. If lying is an indication of drinking, then Beck must've fallen off the wagon a looooong time ago.

Im curious why you seem to want to stretch so far to protect those you agree with AND to slander those you disagree with, it's a consistent pattern I see in your posts.

I know alcoholics. Like a said I just felt like sticking up for him. There is no way he's fallen off the wagon.
Now, who have I slandered and what has Glenn Beck LIED about? Mind you I don't mean when has he been wrong about something. When has he lied?

Oh yes, you're right. Being a recovering alcoholic doesn't stop anyone from being an asshole anymore than not being an alcoholic makes you immune from it.

Now, who have I slandered
This is a direct quote from you
"Let me tell you what has really creeped me out before. Whenever Obama would say Tal i ban it sounded like a term of endearment. I never notice that when he talks about America or our troops."

and what has Glenn Beck LIED about? When has he lied?
The most notable example was when he was railing on about the CARS program. He claimed there was language on the site that said the government could take over your computer whenever it wanted if you logged on. Now, when I actually checked that, I found nothing of the sort and the place Beck was reading wasnt even a user's page, it was the dealership's page.

He said it was for dealers and the government removed the "take over your computer" language.

Last edited:
He said it was for dealers.
No, no he didnt

His moronic guest went on a rant about it and Beck basically pitched in about how terrible it was. I didnt hear him once try to clarify that he was looking at the dealer's page.

Even if I'm wrong about that and I did miss him mention it, the warning he and his idiotic guest spend five plus minutes hemorrhaging about doesn't appear....ever, on either the dealer OR user pages. I checked when this story came out and I checked about six months ago when this story came up again and that warning is nowhere to be found.

This is a direct quote from you
"Let me tell you what has really creeped me out before. Whenever Obama would say Tal i ban it sounded like a term of endearment. I never notice that when he talks about America or our troops."
That's not slander. I think it IS creepy the way Obama says Tal i ban.

Thanks Mellie. I remember when that happened. Funny how it was denied that it was there, then said not to mean what it said, but then they removed it. Also downplaying it to just for the dealerships didn't make it that much more acceptable.
Doesn't matter though. Next year someone will bring up the same old car dealership LIE Glenn Beck told.

Pawk-EE-stahn

Perhaps PolitiFact can help you out, Hop.

I'd argue that the transcript of Beck's comments about gay marriage is more libertarian than most libertarian positions on gay marriage. It resembles more the idea that marriage should not be an institution provided by the State. Instead, I see libertarians taking the approach that since we do have a state monopoly on marriage, it must be egalitarian. I still don't consider Beck a Libertarian though. Just libertarian friendly.

I hate Bill O'Reilly. He's always cutting people off. He's an ass.

I'm not the biggest fan of Glen Beck but he's good to watch sometimes.

I hate Bill O'Reilly. He's always cutting people off. He's an ass.

I'm not the biggest fan of Glen Beck but he's good to watch sometimes.

Yea, the older Bill gets the bigger his ego gets. I still watch him for his guests though, when he lets them get a word in.
I like Glenn better. He had a really good show tonight I thought. I also like his radio show. It's usually pretty funny, especially on Fridays.

Glenn Beck is a recovering alcoholic. He's a member of AA. I'm not doing anything wrong by saying this. He has outed himself on the radio and TV. To my best guess I'd say he's been sober at least 17 yrs. He wouldn't be sober if he wasn't following the program. AA is a program of honesty. You really can't be a liar and stay sober when you're an alcoholic.

I can tell he works the steps on a regular basis and I believe everything he says, or I believe he believes it.
Make fun of me if you want, I don't really care. I just feel like sticking up for a fellow alchoholic.

I think he exaggerates for dramatic effect, and cries a lot of crocodile tears. Nonetheless, I respect any recovering alcoholic who stays with the program. That's a hard path to walk.

Actually, you know who's really funny? G. Gordon Liddy. His stacked & packed calendars were a hoot. All the cops I used to work with had them on the walls of their offices.

Well...Im not sure who this helped
PolitiFact | All statements involving Glenn Beck

That's what I found. I'm not familar with the site so I cant really judge if its a good source but what they publish seems to be explained. I dont see much linking and support in their explanations though

So will you be retracting or just continuing to disbelieve any evidence given to you?

I know I'll probably regret getting into this because I know how much he is hated and believed to be a liar and in it for the money and ratings and will just say anything.. but here goes.

if you don't believe he does this for the money i'd have to say you're mistaken. maintaining recovery, though, is always admirable. but please don't pretend that recovering alcoholics are saints.

So will you be retracting or just continuing to disbelieve any evidence given to you?
Umm, did you read the link?

That didnt exactly help your case.

Umm, did you read the link?

That didnt exactly help your case.

Since I'm the one who told you to check PolitiFact. Yes.

How does it not help my case? You claimed he was lying that the security note was there and he wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom