• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck Distorted Barack Obama's Views On The U.S. Constitution In Video

is the fact that oZero is a foreign usurper LIVING IN THE WHITE HOUSE nonsense to you? lets get this commie rat out then we can worry about the war. Beck is a straight shooter, i'm sure he had a reason to edit the speech.

Very classy.:toilet:

Moderator's Warning:
This isn't the conspiracy theories forum. Cease with the attempted "Obama's not a citizen" derail and take it to the appropriate area

Glenn Beck is Muslim from Africa trying to destroy the country from the inside... :shock:

:lamo

I can't believe that there are people who are willing to argue that cutting pieces out of a speech isn't going to alter the meaning of that speech,

:) ever heard of cliff notes?

i cut out some of your words here. are those above still one of your thoughts?

if we are going to quote someone, do we have to quote the entire speech/article? i think such is against forum rules. do you believe that the forum rules require deliberate distortion?

or that the original speech given by Obama bears any resemblance at all to the one reported by Glen Beck.

it does indeed. beck certainly highlighted the portions of him criticizing the Constitution, but it's not like he twisted Obama's words to make him say anything he didnt.

:) ever heard of cliff notes?

Cliff notes are a summary, not a distortion.

i cut out some of your words here. are those above still one of your thoughts?

Not enough to alter the meaning.

if we are going to quote someone, do we have to quote the entire speech/article? i think such is against forum rules. do you believe that the forum rules require deliberate distortion?

and provide a link so that we can refer back to the entire document, of course.:roll:

it does indeed. beck certainly highlighted the portions of him criticizing the Constitution, but it's not like he twisted Obama's words to make him say anything he didnt.

Absolutely, he did, much like the posts I Beckerized above.

Cliff notes are a summary, not a distortion.

Not enough to alter the meaning.

ah, okay. so - in your own words - are you, then, one of those people who are willing to argue that cutting pieces out of a speech isn't going to alter the meaning of that speech,?

And provide a link so that we can refer back to the entire document, of course.

and Beck constantly tells his audience to check up the stuff behind him, to go learn the full story, to not take his show as the full or final story, to do their own research.

:shrug:

Absolutely, he did, much like the posts I Beckerized above.

no, he didn't. you can argue that he made Obama seem stronger in his position than he is, but he didn't alter the man's meaning.

frankly, i think Beck is wrong here; he tends to see too many shades of Wilson (who did truly dislike the Constitution). Obama doesn't hate the Constitution; he just doesn't see it as important enough to like or dislike all that strongly in the first place.

Last edited:
ah, okay. so - in your own words - are you, then, one of those people who are willing to argue that cutting pieces out of a speech isn't going to alter the meaning of that speech,?

and Beck constantly tells his audience to check up the stuff behind him, to go learn the full story, to not take his show as the full or final story, to do their own research.

no, he didn't. you can argue that he made Obama seem stronger in his position than he is, but he didn't alter the man's meaning.

Good lord! Did you not read the original transcript or what? If you did, then it doesn't take more than two brain cells to figure out that what Beck did was a distortion of actual fact. Is that okay in your book or are you really that gullible? Jeepers. :doh

Last edited:
Good lord! Did you not read the original transcript or what? If you did, then it doesn't take more than two brain cells to figure out that what Beck did was a distortion of actual fact. Is that okay in your book or are you really that gullible? Jeepers. :doh

I vote gullible

frankly, i think Beck is wrong here; he tends to see too many shades of Wilson (who did truly dislike the Constitution). Obama doesn't hate the Constitution; he just doesn't see it as important enough to like or dislike all that strongly in the first place.

From the original document:

HOST: Barack Obama, what are your thoughts on the Declaration and Constitution?

OBAMA: Well, you know, I think it's a remarkable document. I think --

HOST: Which one?

OBAMA: The original Constitution, as well as -- as well as the Civil War amendments

A "remarkable document" that was nontheless flawed in its original form as it didn't include blacks and women. The original Constitution and the Civil War amendments are a "remarkable document."

Sorry. I'm no fan of Obama and his big governemnt and deficit spending, but Beck's rewrite is just plain dishonest.

One of the biggest reasons why Obama was elected in the first place, IMO, was the tendency of his opponents to spout nonsense rather than talk about his statist philosophy and his lack of experience. No one who isn't already convinced that all Democrats are evil is going to believe that Obama hates the Constitution, hates America, is a Muslim, was born in Kenya, or any of the other absolute nonsense that his opponents keep saying about him.

Back
Top Bottom