• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck at it again with the Nazi's

Zyphlin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I'm really getting sick of this. Seriously, I try to defend Beck when he's getting all the uncalled for attacks against him, but sometimes he just does stupid ****. I'm tired of him continually attacking the other side as Nazi's. Lewis Blacks shtick on it was perfect and I'm glad Stewart and company always keep highlighting when him and other lunatics on the right keep trying to do it. Look at his most recent comments:

And this is the kind of stuff I said the other night probably, I'll say it again, the kind of stuff we saw from hoodlums in the thirties in another country I will not mention. And this kind of behavior by people who were supposedly political fans or - they go operational like this, operating as local police

Yeah Glenn, we get it, you're trying to tread the line and "not mention" the country but you make it pretty blatantly apparent. But of course he doesn't stop there.

Okay I gotta wonder, Chris Cillizza I gotta wonder when people are gonna start wearing uniforms. I mean they've got an army out there of militia people. You've got these guys going around acting like street thugs. I mean it isn't far from what we saw in the thirties, where all of a sudden, political parties started showing up in uniform.

Right, whatever "political parties showing up in uniform" could you possibly be talking about Glenn. :roll:

This is ridiculous and the ludicrous comparisons to nazi's that people on the right are doing needs to stop. Its ridiculous that Fox can consider itself "Fair and Balanced" let alone a news organization with a commentator making such unquestionably inflamable statements.

I think the FCC needs to step in and implement some controls against this. The next time MSNBC or FOX pundits starting comparing people to the nazis, the program should cut out and put up the message "This program has godwinned itself and needs to shut the **** up. Please stand by"

I think the FCC needs to step in and implement some controls against this. The next time MSNBC or FOX pundits starting comparing people to the nazis, the program should cut out and put up the message "This program has godwinned itself and needs to shut the **** up. Please stand by"

The FCC babysits and tries to shield us from offense from broadcast communication way too much already. As ridiculous or as potentially offensive as Becks (or anyones) statements may be, I do not want any subset or entity even remotely related to government censoring them.

the sponsors and the companies that provide airtime and have their reputation and finances on the line on the other hand.....

Last edited:
I have to agree, that talk like that is out of line. Outlawing it is not an option, but expressing condemnation as an individual is.

Baiting is infraction worthy.

Not sure what game you're trying to play, but Glenn Beck didn't say that. Chris Matthews did.

:failpail:

Mods - baiting?

Re: Baiting is infraction worthy.

Wait...

Chris Matthews? You must be joking, that doesn't make any sense. Only Fox News and Glenn Beck compares political opponents as Nazi's. You're obviously mistaken Glinda.

meh, despite the obfuscation my comment still stands

Wait...

Chris Matthews? You must be joking, that doesn't make any sense. Only Fox News and Glenn Beck compares political opponents as Nazi's. You're obviously mistaken Glinda.

No, I'm not mistaken, and you've been outed for starting a bull**** bait thread. From a "mod," this is indefensible.

Way to go, troll. :roll:

Actually, I was outed for creating a thread there misrepresented who actually made a comment to see the political reactions by individuals on both sides based on the content of the post more so than the person the post was talking about. What I didn't do was bait anyone into breaking any rules, which would be a rules violation. My being a mod's has nothing to do with what I did.

But what I do find interesting Glinda is you jump at every and any chance to complain about Glenn Beck, and yet with this thread...with you knowing "the truth"...you still are more concerned with personally attackign me then actually showing equal care for being intellectually honest when it comes to the actions of commentators and speaking negatively towards Matthews nazi comparisons and MSNBC's status as a "new" organization.

Wait...

Can you find a single person on this board that argues that the opinion/liberal shows on MSNBC are even worthwhile to watch, much less, can you find anyone that will actually argue that they are informative and anything other than hyper partisan shows with poop throwing monkeys as hosts?

Actually, I was outed for creating a thread there misrepresented who actually made a comment to see the political reactions by individuals on both sides based on the content of the post more so than the person the post was talking about. What I didn't do was bait anyone into breaking any rules, which would be a rules violation. My being a mod's has nothing to do with what I did.

But what I do find interesting Glinda is you jump at every and any chance to complain about Glenn Beck, and yet with this thread...with you knowing "the truth"...you still are more concerned with personally attackign me then actually showing equal care for being intellectually honest when it comes to the actions of commentators and speaking negatively towards Matthews nazi comparisons and MSNBC's status as a "new" organization.
I haven't watched the clip of him saying it but assuming that you're quoting him accurately and not taking anything out of context then if MSNBC had any journalistic integrity they would sit a guy with rolled up newspaper behind him during the show to swat at his head and yell "no" at him if he ever brings up stupid **** like that again.

Call it whatever you like; doesn't change the fact that it's a purposely devious bait thread. As a mod, this is indefensible.

A. You'd have a hell of a time trying prove that I "jump at every and any chance to complain about Glenn Beck." Yes, I've made the occasional comment here and there, but he's far from a thorn in my side. Mostly, I laugh at the fool and his fans. Clearly, you take him MUCH more seriously than is reasonable, to the point that you're willing to damage your reputation (such as it is) as a "fair and balanced" mod. Good job. :thumbs:

B. In light of what you've tried to do here, you accusing me of being intellectually dishonest is completely laughable.

C. :failpail:

That is a hillariously wonderful mental image

Can you find a single person on this board that argues that the opinion/liberal shows on MSNBC are even worthwhile to watch, much less, can you find anyone that will actually argue that they are informative and anything other than hyper partisan shows with poop throwing monkeys as hosts?

REally?

do a search for maddow. lets start there. :lamo

The bigger poitn of this is the following...

Both sides have blow hards, in prominent locations, that make outlandish and ridiculous comments and statements. Many of those decrying the Tea Partiers as "hateful" or "bigoted" now when a handful compare Obama to Muslims were likely turning a blind eye to it or giving tacit disaproval when Anti-war protests were doing it to Bush. Similarly many of those staunchly defending the general insults to the Tea Party now were some of the ones condemning the anti-war movement as a whole for the nazi and hitler stuff.

People are suggesting that violence being done by a handful of idiots is somehow Glenn Beck's fault for comparing Hitler to Nazi and stirring things up. Are we going to see similar the next time a random story of a liberal biting off a finger or punching someone comes up? That Matthews is "inciting" them to doing it with his Nazi rhetoric? I somehow doubt this.

The truth is that people who say these things are the people responsible for it, not a movement, not an ideology, not a party. Stop with the stereotyping of "Typical of [x side]" and deal with the individuals. Neither side has a corner on the idiot market, and as evident here, on the "nazi" market.

So it wasn't Beck... Interesting.

This is delicious. :)

Crooks and Liars » Chris Matthews Makes Right Wingers Heads Explode for Suggesting Right Wing Thuggery is Akin to 1930's Fascism

Apparently Chris Matthews has some on the right's heads exploding by daring to point out that the thuggery we've been seeing from some on the right is akin to the tactics used by the Fascists in the 1930's.

I was also happy to see Matthews call out his fellow Villager Chris Cillizza for pretending that there is some sort of equivalent on the left to what we're seeing on the right whether it be the rise of these militias, to these teabaggers out there protesting and thinking it's fine to bring along loaded weapons, to Rand Paul and Joe Miller's thugs.

Is not Fascism a huge amount of government control? How on earth can anyone compare the tea party's philosophy with that?

Sorry Zyph, this thread is ridiculous. There's plenty to whine and bitch about Glenn Beck so there's no need to put words in his mouth.

Is not Fascism a huge amount of government control? How on earth can anyone compare the tea party's philosophy with that?

Theres a race/ ultra nationalism, etc. I dont think you can analogise tea partiers to Nazis.

You GD hypocrite!

When I said that those words were "over the line", you thanked my post. Now that it's learned that it was Matthews, a liberal, and not Beck, you removed your thanks from my post.

You are a real piece of work.

LOL, I agree that was not cool.

You GD hypocrite!

When I said that those words were "over the line", you thanked my post. Now that it's learned that it was Matthews, a liberal, and not Beck, you removed your thanks from my post.

You are a real piece of work.

:lamo

i want ma thanks baaaaack!

naw its cool.

Back
Top Bottom