• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin are Having a 9/11 Party

I've not seen any mention of what the money will be used for. Seems odd to me.

Last edited:
Because you don't want to have a closed mind?

Closed mind? Let's see, are you in favor of the Islamic cultural center near Ground Zero?

Closed mind? Let's see, are you in favor of the Islamic cultural center near Ground Zero?

They have every right to build it. Is it insensitive and disrespectful? You bet.

They have every right to build it. Is it insensitive and disrespectful? You bet.

Guess what? I consider Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin having a rah rah rally on 9/11 to be incredibly insensitive and disrespectful.

How dare they co-opt a day of national mourning for their own selfish purposes? They can both screw off. They're even more worthless, insensitive, and self-serving than I thought, and that's saying something.

And no, I DO NOT consider them patriots. What have THEY PERSONALLY ever sacrificed?

And don't bring up Sarah Palin's son. HE made the decision to join the military, not his mom. She gets the same credit for that decision that Cindy Sheehan does.

Last edited:
Demonizing wealth again..

It isn't demonizing wealth to point out the obvious fact that Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin are motivated primarily by their own desire to make money and build a cult of popularity. Thanks for trying, massive fail in argumentation. :roll:

What selfish purposes, Catz?

What selfish purposes, Catz?

Self-promotion, self-glorification, cult of personality, and financial gain. Even if they don't make money off of this specific event, this is a promotional appearance for both of them that helps them sell books, book additional speeches, and benefit financially.

Do you really think that Glenn Beck does what he does purely out of a desire to help people?

:lamo

Last edited:
Do you really think that Glenn Beck does what he does purely out of a desire to help people?

I don't think many people work purely out of a desire to help people. I know I don't. I like getting paid and I work hard so that I can continue to keep my job and make more money each year.

Do I think he believes what he says? Yep. Do you think he does?

Do you think he does?

Not for a hot second. I think his messages are specifically tailored to reinforce the paradigms of people like you, and he plays you like a master violinist. He tells you what you want to hear, and you are as happy as a pig at the trough to eat what he's selling.

But the real point is that 9.11 is something that belongs to America. It should NOT be co-opted by political shysters for their own gain. His actions are insensitive and sickening. Who the hell does this asshole think he is?

Last edited:
So he doesn't believe what he says..... Interesting....

Do you know he spent thousands of his own money on the 8/28 rally? Why would he do that if he didn't believe in what he was doing?

So he doesn't believe what he says..... Interesting....

Do you know he spent thousands of his own money on the 8/28 rally? Why would he do that if he didn't believe in what he was doing?

Because he can write it off as a business expense/charitable donation.
Because he can promote the fact he did it with people who are gullible and show how "altruistic" he is.
Because he is making an investment in promoting the Glenn Beck brand to expand his reach to new consumers.
Because he is keeping fans like you engaged and providing you with a way to participate with him (thus assuring your continued loyalty).
Because he is associating his brand with something positive, thus buying positive consumer recognition.

His tactics are straight out of Guerilla P.R.

Do you need me to keep going? I can, easily.

Why do you think Coke sponsors racecars at NASCAR? DO you think it is because of their deep love of stock car racing? Lulz.

Last edited:
Why do you think it's okay, Mellie, for Glenn Beck to co-opt a national day of mourning for his own purposes?

Don't you find it insensitive to people who lost loved ones in that attack and to the nation as a whole, who is still very sensitive about what happened?

Why do you think it's okay, Mellie, for Glenn Beck to co-opt a national day of mourning for his own purposes?

Don't you find it insensitive to people who lost loved ones in that attack and to the nation as a whole, who is still very sensitive about what happened?

What will he say that will be so insensitive?

What will he say that will be so insensitive?

Why do you think it's okay for him to take ownership of that day of mourning? Wouldn't it have been more sensitive to pick one of the 364 other days of the calendar?

Why do you think it's okay for him to take ownership of that day of mourning? Wouldn't it have been more sensitive to pick one of the 364 other days of the calendar?

Taking ownership? What a strange way to put it. He's doing his annual 9/12 rally on the Saturday before 9/12 since he doesn't work on Sundays. Do you know what the 9/12 Project even is?

Again, what will he say that will be insensitive?

I'm not a Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin groupie like you seem to be. I thought 912 events were free, No? It looks to me like these millionaires are interested in more of the green and on a day you would expect more reverence from them. This is really appalling, but since they are you're heroes you will continue to defend them.

Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity both give a great deal of money to help our wounded military personnel. As do some others who don't honk their own horn over it, like Rick Roberts a conservative talk show host in San Diego who started a foundation to benefit our injured heroes.

I was never a huge fan of Beck but he has been right on in his assessments of what is going on right now.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything

Last edited:
Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity both give a great deal of money to help our wounded military personnel. As do some others who don't honk their own horn over it, like Rick Roberts a conservative talk show host in San Diego who started a foundation to benefit our injured heroes.

I was never a huge fan of Beck but he has been right on in his assessments of what is going on right now.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything

Agreed, although I've always been a fan of Beck and I think Hannity is a pompous jerk.

Taking ownership? What a strange way to put it. He's doing his annual 9/12 rally on the Saturday before 9/12 since he doesn't work on Sundays. Do you know what the 9/12 Project even is?

Again, what will he say that will be insensitive?

Mellie, you haven't answered my questions yet. When you do, I will be happy to answer yours.

What does any of this have to do with Beck and Palin having a beer bust on the anniversary of Sept 11? And charging big bucks for it?

I've responded to everything you've asked, Catz.

You're the one ignoring my question. What will Beck say that will be insensitive to 9/11 families?

I've responded to everything you've asked, Catz.

You're the one ignoring my question. What will Beck say that will be insensitive to 9/11 families?

The act of planning a self-promoting event on a day of sorrow is sickeningly insensitive. There's your answer. ;) MR. Beck could easily have scheduled this event on the 17th, or the 14th, or the 10th. He chose to schedule it on 9/11, KNOWING what that day means to most of us.

That's repulsive.

Last edited:
The act of planning a self-promoting event on a day of sorrow is sickeningly insensitive. There's your answer. ;)

What will be self-promoting about it?

His involvement. Everything he does is self-promoting. I've already answered this. Your little tactic is obvious and getting old.

You were wrong about the 8/28 rally. You might be wrong about this one too. I will be VERY disappointed if the Sarah Palin/Glenn Beck event in AK is anything but discussing the principles that held us together on 9/11/2001 and 9/12/2001. There's nothing self-promoting about honoring the people who died, raising money for charity (I'm assuming that's what the money is for) and talking about being united as Americans, not divided between political lines.

But....nothing will change your mind about Beck. He could give away everything he has and live on the street and you'd still say he was just promoting himself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom