• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Glee' star Cory Monteith found dead in hotel in Canada

Sykes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
'Glee' star Cory Monteith found dead in hotel in Canada - CNN.com

I am stunned.

CNN) -- Cory Monteith, who played heart throb Finn Hudson in the Fox hit "Glee," was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room Saturday, Vancouver police said. He was 31.

Police said the cause of death was not immediately apparent, but they ruled out foul play.

Medical examiners will conduct an autopsy on Monday.

Monteith's body was discovered Saturday noon by staff members at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel after he missed his checkout time, acting Chief Constable Doug LePard told reporters.

Famous person was found dead in a hotel where they were living for over a week.

Not stunned.

I'll be a bitch and place my bets on it being drug related.

Oh, well then.

He had it coming.

/spit

No - you know what? I'm not going there. He was a very talented young man. He had his whole life ahead of him. He got derailed, and he died far too young.

But more importantly, several hearts were broken today, and just as with the Martins, my heart goes out to his friends, family and loved ones.

I hate the show with a bloody passion but it's sad that such a young man checked out for such stupid reasons (I am assuming it's drug related).

Oh, well then.

He had it coming.

/spit

No - you know what? I'm not going there. He was a very talented young man. He had his whole life ahead of him. He got derailed, and he died far too young.

But more importantly, several hearts were broken today, and just as with the Martins, my heart goes out to his friends, family and loved ones.

More importantly? MORE importantly... f*ck me... we're doomed! Someone died... but it's more important to note that the hearts of people that did not know him, never met him, never will meet him, likely can't separate his character from the actor... were broken. I've seriously had it with the masses in this country that piss away their lives watching other people live their lives... their fake, fictitious, made for TV lives.

Tell me what this "very talented" kid contributed to society... Lot's of kids are getting offed these days, sadly. I find it far more tragic that those two young chinese girls, stellar students, on track to actually make meaningful contributions.

In the future - when someone kicks the bucket - be sure to use the RIP function when posting . . .this ensures that your heartfelt sentiments won't get **** on as we've done here. For every fan - there's a hater - and we all want a say.

I've never seen "Glee" either and didn't know who he was, but I did read the NY Post account, which said that this young man wasn't in the last four episodes because he had checked into rehab. So my guess too is an OD.

More importantly? MORE importantly... f*ck me... we're doomed! Someone died... but it's more important to note that the hearts of people that did not know him, never met him, never will meet him, likely can't separate his character from the actor... were broken. I've seriously had it with the masses in this country that piss away their lives watching other people live their lives... their fake, fictitious, made for TV lives.

Tell me what this "very talented" kid contributed to society... Lot's of kids are getting offed these days, sadly. I find it far more tragic that those two young chinese girls, stellar students, on track to actually make meaningful contributions.

How do his "friends, family and loved ones" translate to 'fans' in your mind? I'd really like to know.

How do his "friends, family and loved ones" translate to 'fans' in your mind? I'd really like to know.

Sure, I'd love to answer that... but first, you can address the rest of the post...

Someone lost their life... don't you think THAT is the most important thing? family or not?

Sure, I'd love to answer that... but first, you can address the rest of the post...

Someone lost their life... don't you think THAT is the most important thing? family or not?

Address the rest of the post? We appear to be talking at cross-currents here. You haven't even owned the fact that you misread my post, and attacked me over it.

Address the rest of the post? We appear to be talking at cross-currents here. You haven't even owned the fact that you misread my post, and attacked me over it.

It was only a partial misread...

Were you not the OP? Did the quote not say "heart throb"? Excuse me if I confused your sentiments as being different than the articles.

However, I still fail to see how anyone's broken heart is more important than his life... or end of...

It was only a partial misread...

Were you not the OP? Did the quote not say "heart throb"? Excuse me if I confused your sentiments as being different than the articles.

However, I still fail to see how anyone's broken heart is more important than his life... or end of...

See the quote? I know you do!! You posted it as "Quote" "heart throb." That means I didn't say it. The article said it. I *that being me, Adam, the person posting here on the forum* said I feel for his friends, family and loved ones. Know why? Because they are the ones dealing with the pain. He's gone. No pain no more.

Glee is one of those feel-good shows for teens and geeks and such. I could never watch it because Lea Michelle grates on my nerves like no actress ever does. They had some decent covers though from what I have seen of it in the interwebs and TV. So, thoughts and prayers to him, his family and friends and his fans, whoever they may be.

God rest the young man's soul - I had heard that he was in rehab of some sort and when that happens there's always the possibility that the person will spiral down rather than rise above their problems.

As for Glee, I didn't see it often but when I did, I enjoyed it for the same reasons I enjoy American Idol - I love seeing young people aspiring to a career in music and singing and there's something uplifting when a young, strong voice connects with a song - there have been really special moments in both shows even though there are also cringe-worthy moments as well.

Perhaps some people prefer television that exploits our worst tendencies as human beings - there's sure enough of it - I, however, prefer shows like these.

God rest the young man's soul - I had heard that he was in rehab of some sort and when that happens there's always the possibility that the person will spiral down rather than rise above their problems.

As for Glee, I didn't see it often but when I did, I enjoyed it for the same reasons I enjoy American Idol - I love seeing young people aspiring to a career in music and singing and there's something uplifting when a young, strong voice connects with a song - there have been really special moments in both shows even though there are also cringe-worthy moments as well.

Perhaps some people prefer television that exploits our worst tendencies as human beings - there's sure enough of it - I, however, prefer shows like these.

Hmmmm, but tell the truth John, do you think it was caused by an allergic reaction to Maple leaves? Or maybe an OD on Maple syrup? Is it that dangerous up there?? ;) lol

Seriously though, why do people have to paint the bleakest picture when something like this happens? Maybe it was just his time for some reason. Sad but life is life.

Hmmmm, but tell the truth John, do you think it was caused by an allergic reaction to Maple leaves? Or maybe an OD on Maple syrup? Is it that dangerous up there?? ;) lol

Seriously though, why do people have to paint the bleakest picture when something like this happens? Maybe it was just his time for some reason. Sad but life is life.

Well that would seem statistically improbable. While it may not have been substance abuse for all we know, but the odds that it wouldn't be that or secondary to that seem long unless it was suicide.

Just googled him up..I don't really think he will be a great loss to the music industry..

Maybe to geeks who have no-where to go on a Saturday night...

I read about this while avoiding the Zimmerman storm on facebook last night. According to the CNN article I read he's had drug problems since he was 13.

That's true - sometimes, it's just your time - however, Cory himself is on record as saying that his drug abuse was so bad that even he was surprised he's still alive and now, prophetically, he need not be surprised any longer.

I read about this while avoiding the Zimmerman storm on facebook last night. According to the CNN article I read he's had drug problems since he was 13.

I'll never understand the self-made dramas of the rich and famous.

"oh - my well off life is a door to many opportunities . . . so naturally I became a drug addict early on." :roll:

I'll never understand the self-made dramas of the rich and famous.

"oh - my well off life is a door to many opportunities . . . so naturally I became a drug addict early on." :roll:

My understanding is he started drugs before he ever became famous or had the opportunity to become famous. Sounded like a lifelong battle.

I was stunned too. I thought the Glee actors pretty much had their shipt together, and that we wouldn't have the celebrity "found dead in hotel room" or "arrested for ..."

Guess not.

Back
Top Bottom